Jaden Springer entering the draft.

I don’t buy that at all. Bone is a better athlete than springer.

I think springer sees his stock continue to slip down when his measurables have a microscope on them. He’s just not very explosive
This is blue font right? Springer is super athletic.

Reactions: golfballs
In Strength springer is way ahead I agree but not on vertical. Bone is ahead of him there.
I don’t necessarily put strength in the athleticism category and that’s why I think Bone is a significantly better athlete than springer

Don’t forget you’re comparing a 3rd year college player Bone to a freshman Springer. After 2 years of nothing but basketball, training, etc, Springer will be a different player.

I don’t buy that at all. Bone is a better athlete than springer.

I think springer sees his stock continue to slip down when his measurables have a microscope on them. He’s just not very explosive
Bone cannot finish through contact. He has the measurables but that doesn’t mean much if he gets swallowed up in the paint and can’t even draw fouls.

Reactions: johnfnkelly
Bone definitely has more straight line speed than Springer but when it comes to vertical and strength its not really close. Jmo.
Bone had the best standing vertical leap of any player in the NBA combine (36 inches), the second best max vertical leap (42.5 inches), the best shuttle rune (2.78 seconds), the best lane agility time (9.97 seconds) and the fourth-best three quarter sprint (3.08 seconds).

Don’t forget you’re comparing a 3rd year college player Bone to a freshman Springer. After 2 years of nothing but basketball, training, etc, Springer will be a different player.
That is a fair point. Springer is a very young 18, too.

Reactions: The Dog
Bone had the best standing vertical leap of any player in the NBA combine (36 inches), the second best max vertical leap (42.5 inches), the best shuttle rune (2.78 seconds), the best lane agility time (9.97 seconds) and the fourth-best three quarter sprint (3.08 seconds).

Dang chris you are siding we me. Watch out

Bone has the higher vert, but Jaden's so much stronger he's able to use it more effectively. Bone is too weak to rise up with anybody in the paint.

I don’t think anyone disagrees with that but we are telling athleticism not strength. Meaning speed, quickness, leaping ability and quick twitch movements: bone blows springer out of the water on those things

Reactions: cncchris33
I don’t think anyone disagrees with that but we are telling athleticism not strength. Meaning speed, quickness, leaping ability and quick twitch movements: bone blows springer out of the water on those things
I think strength should be considered as part of athleticism, and Springer is stronger, but overall I agree with you Bone is still more athletic

Good luck to him. Hope he thrives in the NBA!
giphy.gif

I think strength should be considered as part of athleticism, and Springer is stronger, but overall I agree with you Bone is still more athletic
I don't know, man, I was always told I was a good athlete, but I needed to get stronger. When I finally got stronger, I became a better basket player, which in turn made me a better athlete. It's kinda of a "chicken or the egg" debate, I guess.

Too young, immature and need more experience at the college level...........for both. Strictly my opinion but I wish them the best.

Reactions: OC VOL FAN
I side with you on quite a bit, actually.
•Vescovi not a PG
•Springer should be our PG
•Bone>>>Springer as an athlete
Just to name a few that immediately come to mind.

There wasnt a PG on the roster. The offense didnt run smooth with Jaden, Keon, JJJ or Vescovi at point. The disaster at Ole Miss when Vescovi went out (leading by 4 to trailing by 4 in about 2 minutes, most on turnovers) is just one piece of evidence.

I dont understand a college coach not signing a true PG, even if he was a JC kid, 3 star kid. Its a different skill set and mindset. Im not talking about a 45% 3 pt , 85% FT, 6-5 kid....those are tought to get. The tourney is full of 6 ft tough as nails PGs that are good players but great team players. Its like a football coach not having a QB on his roster....coaching malpractice.

Not a fan of building a program on 5 star one and done players. Springer was good but most of us will probably forget his name in a few years unless he becomes an NBA All-Star. Seriously, who would you rather have, Springer and Keon for one year or Grant and Admiral for 3?

Last edited:
Not a fan of building a program on 3 star one and done players. Springer was good but most of us will probably forget his name in a few years unless he becomes an NBA All-Star. Seriously, who would you rather have, Springer and Keon for one year or Grant and Admiral for 3?

You’re suggesting that Springer is a 3-star talent?

I'm aware lol.

Too young, immature and need more experience at the college level...........for both. Strictly my opinion but I wish them the best.
The young/experience part I guess I could see a small argument for......not following why you threw immature in there? Did I miss something?

Glad he picked UT and glad we had him for a year. Love his game... and think he is a very good player. Having said all that, he will be a very undersized SG in the NBA as I would say he’s probably about 6’3”. He is physical and finishes well in an undersized but physical SEC league. The NBA is a different story. He doesn’t shoot the ball well enough with his measureables to be a lottery pick and I’ll be surprised if he goes in the first round. I think a year of focusing on and then proving he can be a consistent 3 pt shooter would have insured him as a lottery pick. I understand getting money when it’s there, but I don’t see him grading out as a top 20 pick. Time will tell and I hope I’m wrong.

So...he should definitely go if he won’t make it. Because that gets him guaranteed money. You said he wasn’t “ready,” and his career will mostly play out about the same if he goes this year or next.
He won't make it via leaving this early. He needed another year to work on his long range shooting. He will get lost and end up not having a career... I'm happy for him about the money though... Remember Marcus Haislip ( or however you spell). He was a bust because he thought he was ready... Springer won't make it... Keon will. He has more natural talent

VN Store

Back