Jaden Springer entering the draft.

I like Springer but don't think he is ready.. Bone was better and rarely sees the court. Springer needed another year... Keon is ready in my opinion and will make it

The difference between Springer and Bone is that Springer is already projected in the first round. Bone was barely projected to be drafted at all. Guaranteed several million if taken in round one.

Reactions: 08Vol
The difference between Springer and Bone is that Springer is already projected in the first round. Bone was barely projected to be drafted at all. Guaranteed several million if taken in round one.
I think it's fair to say that Bone's decision did not fare well for the purpose of playing in the league. Unlike Springer, he had a chance to improve his stock imo. However, Bone is not on a roster now, so it may not have mattered in any case.

Obviously Springer is a different player than Bone, but I see what the OP is saying. The big difference is, like you're hinting at, is that Springer has a higher ceiling at a younger age.

I think it's fair to say that Bone's decision did not fare well for the purposes of playing in the league. Unlike Springer, he had a chance to improve his stock imo. However, Bone is not on a roster now, so it may not have mattered in any case.

Obviously Springer is a different player than Bone, but I see what the OP is saying. The big difference is, like you're hinting at, is that Springer has a higher ceiling at a younger age.
Bone was the back-up PG for Orlando for a week at the end of February and beginning of March, this year. But apparently, played his way back into the G League

Reactions: ArdentVol
I think it's fair to say that Bone's decision did not fair well for the purposes of playing in the league. Unlike Springer, he had a chance to improve his stock imo. However, Bone is not on a roster now, so it may not have mattered in any case.

It’s all about being drafted in the first round. I agree that Bone could have comeback and helped his stock. Springer could, too, but if he ends up being a first round pick, it’s a no-brainer. He can hone his skills and improve while making millions. That first round is huge when you get a 3 year guaranteed deal with a 4th year option. Even if he stinks, then he makes 3+ million dollars. If he doesn’t develop, then he wasn’t going to really develop in college either.

Reactions: 08Vol and Vol49er
He has always seemed like a great kid and I wish him all the best. I know he is disappointed in how the season turned out but he will always represent Tennessee from here on out. Anytime a bio pops up on him it will show that he attended the University of Tennessee and that’s something to be proud of.

He’s making the correct decision.

Too bad he had that ankle injury. He was really elevating his game just before he was hurt. That Kentucky game will never be forgotten.

His story will be good fodder for the “Barnes can’t win even with NBA first rounders on the roster” crowd. Never mind that he was hurt, had no off-season practices to get ready, and probably played the entire SEC schedule cautiously while worried about losing a fortune if he were to tear up a knee.

I hate that I never was able to see him play in person. It will make the NBA more appealing to me when Springer and Keon are on rosters. I hope that they get picked up by some good guys (like the Knicks!!!).

Last edited:
Whelp. Guess it's time to find out what 5 million dollars really buys us.

Best of luck to the kid, hope he kills it in the NBA, but man feels like he was only here a hot second. Doesn’t have the same sting as Grant leaving early because it feels like Springer and Johnson hardly ever arrived.

I didn't say he wouldn't be signed. I said he won't make it.. At least he will have his signing bonus and contract money, but will fade away

Loved watching him. I think when he gets to the NBA people will realize how talented he actually is
He reminds me of Chauncey billups. A big strong guard that uses his body well and finishes through contact. I’m assuming he will play both pg and sg in the league so he will be a valuable addition to someone’s roster.

I didn't say he wouldn't be signed. I said he won't make it.. At least he will have his signing bonus and contract money, but will fade away

So...he should definitely go if he won’t make it. Because that gets him guaranteed money. You said he wasn’t “ready,” and his career will mostly play out about the same if he goes this year or next.

Hate to see him go but you gotta get that money while you can. Hope he kills it in the NBA. Sucks he and Keon never played in a sold out TBA . Sucks we didn't go far in the tournament, but 2 1st rounders or 3 5stars in the starting line up with a freak like Pons can only get you so far in tournament. Get that ass to work Barnes.

Of the two I thought he might be the one to stick around. That said, if first round you have to go. I wish him the best, and I’m glad we had him while we did.

VN Store

Back