It's very evident after tonight.

This team is digressing. The only way a coach can keep the fan base energized and unified, while asking them to be patient and trust the process, is if the fans see progress by the team and the coaching staff on the field. "Be patient" and "trust the process" wears thin without the onfield progress.

Jones is not Dooley. I think if we have a terry Tate-esque vol fan destroy Dooley on the sideline, it will break the curse. Go Vols.

Tennessee will never be good again as long as there fans keep putting bs like this on forums and keep going to social media with it, tennessee is so far down and butch is killing hisself and the freshman have already over achieved big Time u sir add to the list of embarrassing fans if butch doesn't bring us back nobody will... why would any coach wanna come to tennessee for there fans god it kills me

You must have missed where over 78% of this forum was happy with a 24-point loss to Oklahoma.

Yeah, it must be horrible to make 3 million a year and have a fanbase that only demands some basic evidence of progress in return.

Reactions: 1 person
I understand that it has become the mantra around here, but honestly the defense gave up nearly 400 yards and 34 points tonight. It's not like they played lights out either. Their punt returner put them in horrible field position early which helped, but it's not like we just shut down Ole Miss like some people are acting.

The offense couldn't stay on the field for more than two minutes.

I don't care what anyone says, there's no way Coleman and Robertson are better than Weisman and Blair. The definition of insanity/stupidity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Year 3 will have to be a helluva lot better than this. I don't see 5 wins on this schedule. Thought I saw six before the season but they've disappeared like a fart in the wind at this point. Bottom line, this offense cannot play in the SEC.

How about we bring somebody back with Tennessee ties. How about an ex player that knows what it takes to win at Tennessee. They cant do any worse than what weve got now!

This is just ridiculous.
Please explain how the post is ridiculous? Just read any thread on this forum, talk to any Vols fan at the Kroger, WalMart or your neighbour and if you have the capability of seeing the apathy, you will.

Don't tell me your making progress, show me. Are we just supposed to take it for granted that we are progressing without seeing it on the field? Now, that would be ridiculous.

First, Jones is the guy for the foreseeable future. Second, the offense is simply unacceptable. In 25 years I have never seen an offensive line play as bad as this one does. If I were Jones, for the remaining games, I would make every member of the offensive staff earn their jobs back. Those that don't make the cut show them the door and get someone who can get the job done.

You must have missed where over 78% of this forum was happy with a 24-point loss to Oklahoma.

Yeah, it must be horrible to make 3 million a year and have a fanbase that only demands some basic evidence of progress in return.

We have made real progress. It has translated to a much better defense and special teams play and some close games. We desperately need depth on the lines and particularly the Offense. Again Dooley did not recruit a single offensive lineman in 2012. We are positioned for a second top 5 class. We have some talented freshmen and sophomores playing now. Better days are coming if you will support the incoming players. We need some 4 and 5 star tackles on the offensive side of the ball to help the undersized converted guards we have there now.

We have made real progress. It has translated to a much better defense and special teams play and some close games. We desperately need depth on the lines and particularly the Offense. Again Dooley did not recruit a single offensive lineman in 2012. We are positioned for a second top 5 class. We have some talented freshmen and sophomores playing now. Better days are coming if you will support the incoming players. We need some 4 and 5 star tackles on the offensive side of the ball to help the undersized converted guards we have there now.

I'm just going to keep on saying it...2016.

I can't wait for the day when everything gets turned around and you guys have nothing to complain about. Except for the fact that you'll find something to complain about.

Wow you guys have highly unrealistic expectations, and when they don't deliver on those expectations you whine. Because *insert sarcasm* I cannot believe that we didn't beat the #3 team in the nation or score more points against possibly the best defense in cfb! I cannot believe our offensive line isn't good when they're inexperienced! I cannot believe we aren't gonna be 9-3 after 3 years of Dooley recruits and 1.5 years of Butch! Teams are different. Situations are different. Just because one team made a lot of progress in X years doesn't mean that translates to us. Seriously. The fans on here disappoint me more than our OL. Even if we were a top 10 team with one loss you guys would have broken down after that one loss! And set some realistic expectations. lay off the offense play calling (there's not going to be diverse play calling if we can't even run it up the middle effectively) because I guess you're just now figuring this out but... AN OFFENSIVE LINE IS REALLY IMPORTANT. Butch knows what to do. And asking for you to be patient isn't ridiculous. Just like these slogans aren't ridiculous. These freshman are playing their hearts out, they're buying into this program, they're buying into the slogans.Why can't you? Sure you should be skeptical but Jesus what is he supposed to say? "Just quit! Give up because our OL sucks and there's nothing we can do!" Really, what is he supposed to say. Stop expecting us to be an elite program after 1.5 years and then get mad when they aren't winning. Give butch time. Recruits read this for gods sake, and they see what you post here.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
I can't wait for the day when everything gets turned around and you guys have nothing to complain about. Except for the fact that you'll find something to complain about.

They will complain that we are not winning by enough points. When one is miserable they need to make everyone else miserable.

They will complain that we are not winning by enough points. When one is miserable they need to make everyone else miserable.

That is scary true. I remember the day after we won the NC an idiot "fan" called in and said we didn't win by enough. I couldn't believe it. I am disappointed too but we are exactly where I thought we would be at this point. We just need some more better players. Fulmer was not a great coach but had some great players. We just need to reload the lines with what Coach Majors called big uglies. Then we can run the ball again.

Dude! WTF! Do you want us all to be ok with losing? Freakin A right I am miserable! Its not just that we lost, its how we lost! If your ok with losing then fine! But don't insult those of us who have a problem with losing. You wanna condemn me for expecting, no demanding, progress? Your telling me that expecting us to score at least one TD is unreasonable?

Reactions: 2 people
Maybe by the time we play South Carolina, my girlfriend will pitty me enough to not talk **** about it

If your gf knows a as much as my wife does about football you have to take your opportunity to enlighten someone who knows zero about football. Even if you're wrong, they have no clue. And if they call you out on it, just Ray Rice 'em... Huh, no?

Seriously though, here we go, correct me where I'm wrong.

Worley isn't Peyton Manning, agreed? Hurd isn't Eddie George, agreed? Our offensive line isn't NFL caliber as of today, agreed? OK, so at least we agree on 3 things.

I'd call Worley a game manager, a Chris Leak-ish guy. But Chris Leak had an incredible surrounding cast. Worley has very high potential WRs and what I think, a great RB in Hurd. But our offensive line is garbage. I think they'll improve greatly, if their optimism isn't completely crushed after this season. Size will come and hopefully this year will give them much needed experience. With that being said, they suck. When the Dline pushes you so far back that you sack your own quarterback... You're doing something wrong.

I've seen Hurd run so many runs and drag 2-3 defenders along with him and still get 4-5 yards. The guy is strong. But that only works a few times. You need blockers to create holes for you. You need blockers to create time to let your WRs get open. How long does it take for a Wr to get 8 yards deep on 3rd and 8, and go through 1-2 check downs, especially if your WRs are being bumped? I'm guessing longer than 2 seconds.

Hurd looks like a great RB behind a halfway decent oline. Worley looks like a good game manager when he has time.

Worley isn't great, but I put most of the blame on the oline.

As far as special teams goes, just fair catch EVERYTHING. The turnovers that we risk are worth the possible 8 yards we gain per return. We've never been close to returning one on any team other than Chattanooga. Give me the the 25 or 1 yard line all day as opposed to their ball at the 20.

In short, throw a few if those at your girl and she'll STFU. Or at least do what my girl did, "ok whatever I don't care."

/excuse train.

VN Store

Back