It's very evident after tonight.

Look at the bright side guys.. Darr got A LOT of practice tonight, I am proud of him and our Defense.. they did all they could.

Ok all, don't beat me down too much after you read this.....

After watching tonight's game, I'm not going to even attempt to say I know the answer as to why our offense is so bad. I'm not a coach. I'm not on the sidelines or in the locker room.

There is one thing I do remember. When a little 9 lb baby boy was born and I held him and changed his "stinky" diaper, I saw a fire in his little eyes that resonated 18 years later in an orange and white uniform with #27 on the back of it. That baby baby played ground pounding defense and was part of the '98 National Championship Vol team, and here's what Al Wilson told our youth at church that he often told his team.... "while it takes the defense to hold the opponent, it takes the offense to score the goal. But the offense has got to believe in the defense just like the defense has to believe in the offense in order for both to be considered a team".

With that said, I tend to believe the defense is trying to do its best and has in my opinion played better than last year. But our offense seems disconnected. Yes, this is a young team. And our QB situation is at best in dark water. A lot of VN fans blame the coaches, but no matter how hard the coaches drive these guys, until the players get out there, execute and play hard, Pete Carroll, Jim Harbaugh, or even Peyton at QB can get a "W". I don't blame Butch. I blame the "mindset" of this young baby team of players. Ok, let this old girl have it....lol....:mf_surrender:

He was the man

Butch Jones staring into the camera at his post game presser with that stern 'I mean business' look on his face after yet another SEC loss and emphatically stating "We will get there...I PROMISE YOU", is getting old.

I think a lot of us are fed up with "promises" of "getting there".

Georgia and Florida games were ripe for the taking. Should we celebrate that we "almost" beat Florida or "almost" beat Georgia? Not me. Forget that noise.

Win or shut up.

How long must we celebrate "moral" victories. At some point they cease to be be that. You can't pile up on 'moral' victories and have them remain to be "victories". They aren't "victories" anymore.

Butch will come on again and give us that stern look and "guarantee" that winning real games is just around the corner, and less and less people are going to buy it.

Tennessee will never be good again as long as there fans keep putting bs like this on forums and keep going to social media with it, tennessee is so far down and butch is killing hisself and the freshman have already over achieved big Time u sir add to the list of embarrassing fans if butch doesn't bring us back nobody will... why would any coach wanna come to tennessee for there fans god it kills me

Reactions: 3 people
Here's another thing to chew on. Tenn offense has not generated 1 td in the last two games. Butch is supposed to be an offensive coach. You can't tell me you can't muster one f-ing td???

Reactions: 1 person
I'm going to put this out here for you to mull over.

I am in agreement that Dooley didnt help Butch, however

Jones took a Cincinnati team that went 12-1 in Kelly's last year and went 4-8 the next season

So the team stayed exactly the same and returned every single player and coach other then Kelly

Butch Jones staring into the camera at his post game presser with that stern 'I mean business' look on his face after yet another SEC loss and emphatically stating "We will get there...I PROMISE YOU", is getting old.

I think a lot of us are fed up with "promises" of "getting there".

Georgia and Florida games were ripe for the taking. Should we celebrate that we "almost" beat Florida or "almost" beat Georgia? Not me. Forget that noise.

Win or shut up.

How long must we celebrate "moral" victories. At some point they cease to be be that. You can't pile up on 'moral' victories and have them remain to be "victories". They aren't "victories" anymore.

Butch will come on again and give us that stern look and "guarantee" that winning real games is just around the corner, and less and less people are going to buy it.

SIGH, sometimes you just don't win those games! Doesn't automatically mean somebody sucks or isn't doing their job. This isn't freaking Madden on PlayStation where you hit the reset button or change the difficulty sliders on your opponent to give you a sudden advantage! Yes it's a cliche' but this is in fact a process! Butch knows it. There are issues with this football team that can only be solved with recruiting and experience. It's that simple.

What proof exists as to whether Butch Jones can produce an Oline for 2015? If there is none, then 2015 should be his last year to coach. We are loosing games because our offense is not able to score even when they have field position!

Reactions: 2 people
This team is digressing. The only way a coach can keep the fan base energized and unified, while asking them to be patient and trust the process, is if the fans see progress by the team and the coaching staff on the field. "Be patient" and "trust the process" wears thin without the onfield progress.

You're on crack if you think this team is digressing....this team is improving...it may not be in the areas that you would like to see it improve...but the team and players are improving....

Last edited:
The offense really has gotten worse. I love our defense, but we will not get to six, or even 5, if Butch cannot turn things around.

Ha. It's so funny how some of you don't understand that the o-line is the beginning and in many ways is the end when it comes to offensive production.

I was all about excuses for the offense based on the youth and the bad OL until we ran a double reverse that dropped us out of field goal range well before the game was out of hand. The deep handoff to our small/quick RB on 4th and inches just cemented it. Our OC needs to go.

Reactions: 2 people
Does anyone see us winning any of our remaining games besides maybe Vandy and to me that will be a toss up because Tennessee plays them in Nashville?

well said, jones just sounds like dooley. coaches the same to

Yeh, I understand wanting to win.. but honestly your kinda full of crap.

I love the Vols and want dearly to win, but you have to have common sense when making statements here... or at least you should.

This team is digressing. The only way a coach can keep the fan base energized and unified, while asking them to be patient and trust the process, is if the fans see progress by the team and the coaching staff on the field. "Be patient" and "trust the process" wears thin without the onfield progress.

I'm digressing here, but I believe you mean that the team is REGRESSING.

We are still only a one half team. We play tough until halftime then come out 3rd quarter and either the coaches don't make the necessary adjustments or the players just settle down and don't play with the same fire from the first half. I'd like to think the former because the defense gave up 4 big runs in the second half and the offense just couldn't produce as always.

Maybe they get tired because there's no depth......nah....that's too far fetched

Reactions: 1 person
All the Worley haters will see that it's not all on Worley. His line and receivers aren't doing him any favors

I was giving Worley a break until tonight. His decision making is horrible and he throws into double and triple coverage way too often. He does not pla like a Senior QB. Wish we had Bo Wallace

People told us to be patient 7 years ago. When does the patience end?

2 years tops the offense that we have is not the offense Butch wants to run just wait til his guys get in there in full force. It has taken 4 years for Ole' Miss to build this team. This is half of season 2. It is not going to be easy, no one said replacing Fulmer was (and no one could of predicted the coaches they would try to replace him with). It is getting close. I know we have all heard that a lot, but you just have to realize the mess that we have had work our way out of. It's a long climb to the top especially when you slide all the way back to the bottom.

All the freshmen have not overachieved. Some are playing well, but others have disappointed. OK, they're young and shouldn't even be on the field... but it's frustrating that they can't seem to make any progress at all. And not just against the #3 team-- they played poorly against UTC.

This offense is boring and predictable. Same formation same play calling same down and distance almost every drive. If Butch and Bajakian envisioned this offense then they have succeeded. Glad Manning is on TV tomorrow. He always makes me feel better on Sunday's.

Tennessee will never be good again as long as there fans keep putting bs like this on forums and keep going to social media with it, tennessee is so far down and butch is killing hisself and the freshman have already over achieved big Time u sir add to the list of embarrassing fans if butch doesn't bring us back nobody will... why would any coach wanna come to tennessee for there fans god it kills me
Killing himself ? How? Freshman have over achieved? How?

So the team stayed exactly the same and returned every single player and coach other then Kelly

Did they forget how to win?

You should know the line " our players need to learn how to win" by now. We've heard it over and over

Maybe, just maybe, its not the players that need to learn how to win. Maybe they need to be taught how to win

VN Store

Back