It's very evident after tonight.

You might as well say "Fire Jones". It is his system. They're following his gameplan and scheme.

He does other things well though IMO. He just needs to relinquish offensive control and hire a very good OC to control it. It has worked wonders for the cowboys

No. No. No. Butch will be here in year 5. We are playing 20+ true freshmen. In all actuality, they're probably OVERachieving. I know it sucks, but you're wrong. And being an alarmist won't help.

He couldn't get done last year with a veteran o-line.

Reactions: 1 person
I just want to puke right now. I can just see Fulmer sitting in his ole rocker smoking a stogie laughing his arse off right now.

No. If a team is being well coached they get better... and ESPECIALLY the young players.

Disagree...the frosh have never played this level of competition, with this intensity, with no rest. They may actually be improving, but the improvement may not be apparent. Hitting the wall is a real thing...as are the defenses we have faced the past few sec games.

No. No. No. Butch will be here in year 5. We are playing 20+ true freshmen. In all actuality, they're probably OVERachieving. I know it sucks, but you're wrong. And being an alarmist won't help.

LOL, you can click your heels and dream...but he has shown next to nothing to prove you to be correct.

Reactions: 2 people
well said, jones just sounds like dooley. coaches the same to

Get the f** outta here regressing r u kidding me. Vol fans are they worse enemy my god butch is working his butt off its not his fault Dooley recruited cap lineman it's not his fault he recruited crap qbs u all obviously don't understand the rebuilding process u all embarrass tennessee so bad with ur comments if they still playing like this in 2016 then yeah it would be worry some but my god

Reactions: 3 people
Time for a change of some kind. It is lunacy to do the same thing and think you are going to get a different outcome

The only change that will make much difference is a new O line. It's that clear. You can't scheme effectively in the SEC with a clear lack of O line talent.

(Not beating up the O line. Just acknowledging fact.)

You said our young players have clearly regressed. Did you even watch this game? Worley threw three picks in three quarters. Rarely can teams win games when their qb does that.

I handed you an example of the team regressing on offense -- we played well against just as solid competition early in the year and now we are struggling.

I don't place the blame on the players at all -- I have made my opinion that the playcalling and overall offensive mindset has been subpar this season. It's consisently trying to cram a square peg into a round hole.

I also think losing the UF game was a significant mental blow to the guys, just like it was to the fanbase.

This team is digressing. The only way a coach can keep the fan base energized and unified, while asking them to be patient and trust the process, is if the fans see progress by the team and the coaching staff on the field. "Be patient" and "trust the process" wears thin without the onfield progress.

Top three team. Open your eyes.

He couldn't get done last year with a veteran o-line.

That wasn't the problem last year we didn't have the play-makers on offense, the o-line last year was also a bit overrated. The defense wasn't what it is now either. It seems like you think because we had a line last year we should of been title contenders

What I hate is that we are almost 100% out of the shotgun with the RB next to the qb. Same **** formation over and over. No motions no nothing it seems. Very seldom their is motion. It's a very predictable offense and can almost call it every time if we are running or throwing it. Starting to get sick of the coach speak also. Also, I might add that these freshman are knee deep into the season now. How many more times are the coaches and fans gonna use that as an excuse why we suck??

Its much easier as a freshman to play and have success when u have senior leadership around you. We dont have that. Freshman side by side is where we are at

Not to mention that the poster cherry picks opponents names, but fails to mention the likes of barnett, cam last year and some of the other youngsters who are doing well.

So beating who you're supposed to and losing to the top terms in the nation is regressing? We're right where the sane people thought we would be, fighting for a bowl game.

We are still only a one half team. We play tough until halftime then come out 3rd quarter and either the coaches don't make the necessary adjustments or the players just settle down and don't play with the same fire from the first half. I'd like to think the former because the defense gave up 4 big runs in the second half and the offense just couldn't produce as always.

VN Store

Back