It's very evident after tonight.

This team is digressing. The only way a coach can keep the fan base energized and unified, while asking them to be patient and trust the process, is if the fans see progress by the team and the coaching staff on the field. "Be patient" and "trust the process" wears thin without the onfield progress.

I would be more harsh if we had an offensive line, but he was given a sh!++y deal by the previous administration. Butch is having to play offensive guards at the tackle position because of our lack of depth. Any coach would tell you, that playing guards at tackle is a recipe for disaster. Don't forget that DD didn't recruit a single o-linemen in 2012.(un-Fing believable!) :banghead2:

Most of you griping now also yelled for Fulmer to be fired. I'm not saying he was at the top of his game, but when you fire someone that successful, expect major issues for years to come. It almost always happens! Research it! Butch will get this program back in contention. I just wish we could create a list of all of you that have jumped off the fan wagon so that we can remind you of it when you come crawling back.

And most of you trying desperately to stifle the "griping" also backed Dooley till the bitter end.

Reactions: 1 person
How about we bring somebody back with Tennessee ties. How about an ex player that knows what it takes to win at Tennessee. They cant do any worse than what weve got now!

Oh goody. Can we get another new coach? And real soon. Oh boy oh boy!

With what we had in the way of talent when Butch got here; if anyone thought we were ready this year; well you need to take off your orange colored glasses. We are 1 to 2 years away. I can see us beating ky. Vandy and maybe South Carolina.
The problem with the offense is we cannot block anyone. It is not play calling the qb or the receivers or the backs or the coaches. We do not have a good O line. Some of you drama queens; get over yourselves. We will be fine just gonna take about 1 to 2 more years realistically.

Reactions: 2 people
Did any of you play high school football.And got your a..... whooped by a better team.This
oline is bad but they are young some straight out of high school.An you complain about them they are giving their all for UT.As fans can you say the same thing.

You people do realize that we are a team of freshmen, right? Scrawny 18-year-olds trying to take on rock-hard 22-year-old monsters who have been playing at the college level for three years is no easy feat. These kids will get banged up and beat up but they will learn fast so that by the time they are juniors, they too will be monsters.

And for the record, the coach needs to be focused on the team and players, not on the fan base. As long as the fans scream bloody murder and demand his firing, he will be distracted from his main task. Don't make his job harder by making him satisfy you, too. He is not there for you, you are there for him, now start supporting him, get behind him, so he can do his job. It is too bad some of you "fans" cannot be fired.

Reactions: 3 people
Not every one we play is 22 years old .7 games in the youth exscuse is no more! If Butchy can't take the heat all he has to do is start winning .Hugh freez in year 3. Just showed butch how to make adjustments and win with a average QB !

Last edited:
Unrealistic expectations. It was the number 3 team in the country on their home field. This thread is a dumpster fire.

I would be more harsh if we had an offensive line, but he was given a sh!++y deal by the previous administration. Butch is having to play offensive guards at the tackle position because of our lack of depth. Any coach would tell you, that playing guards at tackle is a recipe for disaster. Don't forget that DD didn't recruit a single o-linemen in 2012.(un-Fing believable!) :banghead2:
then why has he not adressed it? Hell I"ll bet any top coach would have started bringing guys in day 1

Butch's offensive staff deserves everything they get from the fans and the media. A change has to be made for next year (oc has to go not Jones) although I think if Bejak stays next year it may be the down fall of Jones. Big east level coaching in the SEC gets you Dooley results.

I know he's had two good recruiting classes but as soon as Jones saw he didn't have a QB that could run his offense he should of recruited one or maybe two. Also, maybe some O-Lineman. It's great to ranked #3-#10 in recruiting but when you don't fill important team needs something's amiss.

It's crazy to me that Peyton Manning's university can't get a good quarterback that's not a headcase. As popular as he is, it seems there would be an elite QB out there who idolizes P.Manning and wants to come to Tennessee and restore a winning tradition.

Put down the bottle.

We had(have) a very inexperienced OL that went against one of the best defenses in the nation(probably the best in the SEC). What did you expect?

I know he's had two good recruiting classes but as soon as Jones saw he didn't have a QB that could run his offense he should of recruited one or maybe two. Also, maybe some O-Lineman. It's great to ranked #3-#10 in recruiting but when you don't fill important team needs something's amiss.

It's crazy to me that Peyton Manning's university can't get a good quarterback that's not a headcase. As popular as he is, it seems there would be an elite QB out there who idolizes P.Manning and wants to come to Tennessee and restore a winning tradition.

It takes more than 1 class to fill all the holes we had and still have.

Put down the bottle.

We had(have) a very inexperienced OL that went against one of the best defenses in the nation(probably the best in the SEC). What did you expect?

While I'll agree ole miss is pretty good on the defensive side of the ball, we make every front 7 look like a all madden team.

I know we were thin all the way across the board, and I couldn't of dreamed that we ended up with the playmakers we got but in the SEC ballgames are won and lost in the trenches and he is building a damn good one on defense, but I think he could of got maybe one or two more offensive lineman and a QB for this system that looks like complete garbage.

I wish I had some patience

The sooner people learn to accept the fact that we will be a 6 win team from here on out the better..The days of winning 9 or 10 games are behind us. Just be happy to watch them play and nothing more.

you're just wrong. You're not the only one who has been watching the line play and they get beat just as often with the inside move as they do with the outside move. Our linemen are just slow! If they move out, they'll get beat to the inside and vice versa. You can't correct slowness.

Never said I was the only one watching the o line play.

And you can get these guys to get out of their stances quicker so they can adjust to what the d line is doing in going inside or outside.

You should be able to see guys improve their footwork a little over the course of 7 games.

We aren't seeing any of that.

This team is digressing. The only way a coach can keep the fan base energized and unified, while asking them to be patient and trust the process, is if the fans see progress by the team and the coaching staff on the field. "Be patient" and "trust the process" wears thin without the onfield progress.

you don't go from 5-7 to beating the best team in the country over night. why is half of this fan base so delusional? we had one good recruiting class. we're adding another this year, and another after that. ole miss has a year on us. alabama has 8 years on us. we were at year zero last year. dooley wasn't cracking the top 25 in recruiting so why are you so surprised that there are no o lineman on the roster to compete with jones' freshman? wake up and get a taste of reality.

Reactions: 2 people
The sooner people learn to accept the fact that we will be a 6 win team from here on out the better..The days of winning 9 or 10 games are behind us. Just be happy to watch them play and nothing more.

This mentality will ultimately kill the program if it takes root with the majority of the fan base.

Reactions: 3 people
The offense really has gotten worse. I love our defense, but we will not get to six, or even 5, if Butch cannot turn things around.

There is a lot of film on us now. We don't do a lot of things offensively. We are in the meat of our SEC schedule. Playing all of these freshmen will lead to what we are seeing. Ask yourself, how hard would it be to gameplan for UT now? Exactly.
Things will get better.

True, true, but that's why "patience" is the operative word. Apparently the natives are getting restless while this "patience" thing runs its course. It seems the reality of where Butch had to start from is wearing off. :hi:

GO VOLS!

VN Store

Back