Its time to pull the trigger.

Either you don't read well or haven't taken the time to read the conversation before opening your mouth
You asked what Fatty did wrong outside of the Putrid hire...I answered you. Now if you don’t like the answer, that’s on you.

Let me look into my creeestal ball and see the future! Aaaah...the recruiting violations will not be as bad as we thought, but not light eeether. Sorry, I also see Blewitt and Fulmer staying another yeeer.

What has he done right?
Barnes is NOT bc of Fulmer

Ok, for the sixth time, what programs have regressed during his tenure. What sport needed to have a change at the top has he passed on? You guys keep throwing this narrative out there without backing it up. He is evidently providing the programs what they need within his powers. Know any HC over there taking exception with his decisions? Just because you say something a lot does not make it a fact. Maybe it is spin and I am buying, but lots of programs seem to be trending up. Swimming, soccer, baseball, and women's BB for sure have had positive vibes I see when I sign on to the UT site. You have any facts to the contrary or just agenda driven assumptions. While you are at it, how about an assessment of the Barnes Fulmer relationship. Any negatives there? Cut it anyway you want, he is still here on Fulmer's watch. If he was failing I bet it would be because of Fulmer. Just the way you guys roll, conveniently playing the it's on his watch card as it suits you. `Pick a side of the keyboard and type on it.

Not trying to over blow his accomplishments either, but he seems to be keeping the programs between the lines and some picking up speed. Pretty much his job description.

Reactions: BigDave
Offer Meyer NFL money then. Wouldn’t matter but I would at least make the call.

Exactly. In an interview Meyer said one major factor he always considers when taking a head coaching job is the quality of the QBs he will be inheriting. With Bailey and Salter on our roster, that checks one of his major boxes.

Have to ask as of now, Has this thing gone too far in that you have damaged Pruitt to the extent that you can not rehab his image?

Everything in the media is totally negative. The fan base has soured on him and the program. Potential long term damage with violations. Win-loss record in the ditch when you had an experienced team this last year.

Looks to me like UT is backed in a corner and has frozen and panicked. Their inability to make a decision shows a sign of weakness in leadership.

I think what may have happened is at some point they made a decision to fire him and called him in to negotiate a buyout and he would not budge. Then they called compliance to do the nasty work for them. That has produced a long deteriorating process that is not good for anyone.

But now you have to end the quagmire and turn the corner to stabilize things and create any positivity you can. Pruitt is damaged goods now and you have to move on. Revlon does not have enough lipstick to cover this pig.

They have waited far too long to pull the trigger on Pruitt at this point.

They are in the spin cycle with all the NFL jobs and the cascading effect of potential college coaches like Mullen jumping to the NFL now.

I'm just wondering out loud here but, is it possible Fulmer and Pruitt have talked about the situation, couldn't come to an agreement, Fulmer hires the lawyers to investigate, but doesn't want to leave the university in danger of a lawsuit if it should turn out the infractions were minor. Pruitt could turn around and sue for defamation, lost salary.

If Fulmer has been great doing everything else besides hiring Pruitt then it would be considered doing a good job. If so he should be allowed to replace his mistake. If he had screwed up everything else he should be fired.

Idk all the facts but supposedly Barnes was UCLA bound which caught Fulmer by surprised. I don’t expect him to be clairvoyant but an AD has to have constant communications w his or her coaches.

Reactions: Border Vol
Have to ask as of now, Has this thing gone too far in that you have damaged Pruitt to the extent that you can not rehab his image?

Everything in the media is totally negative. The fan base has soured on him and the program. Potential long term damage with violations. Win-loss record in the ditch when you had an experienced team this last year.

Looks to me like UT is backed in a corner and has frozen and panicked. Their inability to make a decision shows a sign of weakness in leadership.

I think what may have happened is at some point they made a decision to fire him and called him in to negotiate a buyout and he would not budge. Then they called compliance to do the nasty work for them. That has produced a long deteriorating process that is not good for anyone.

But now you have to end the quagmire and turn the corner to stabilize things and create any positivity you can. Pruitt is damaged goods now and you have to move on. Revlon does not have enough lipstick to cover this pig.

Yeah, you have to pull the trigger and fire him, the damage has been done and there's no way (in my book) that you can rehab him, his image or anything else...Otherwise a dead man coaching and this will drive the program further into the ditch...

Reactions: onevol74
Ok, for the sixth time, what programs have regressed during his tenure. What sport needed to have a change at the top has he passed on? You guys keep throwing this narrative out there without backing it up. He is evidently providing the programs what they need within his powers. Know any HC over there taking exception with his decisions? Just because you say something a lot does not make it a fact. Maybe it is spin and I am buying, but lots of programs seem to be trending up. Swimming, soccer, baseball, and women's BB for sure have had positive vibes I see when I sign on to the UT site. You have any facts to the contrary or just agenda driven assumptions. While you are at it, how about an assessment of the Barnes Fulmer relationship. Any negatives there? Cut it anyway you want, he is still here on Fulmer's watch. If he was failing I bet it would be because of Fulmer. Just the way you guys roll, conveniently playing the it's on his watch card as it suits you. `Pick a side of the keyboard and type on it.

Not trying to over blow his accomplishments either, but he seems to be keeping the programs between the lines and some picking up speed. Pretty much his job description.
Thanks Guntersvol. You answered my question about what he has done right. I do note positive trending in many sports, with the exception of football.

We need to honor Phil Fulmer, tell him "well done, good and faithful servant....." and cut him loose.

Look at Bama. They have a PROFESSIONAL ADMINISTRATOR in the AD's office, not a "hardcore Bammer for Life" guy..... a pro, someone running a huge program who had tons of experience when he got the job.

Look at Florida. They have a PROFESSIONAL, not a "blueblood Gator" in the AD's office. Stricklin is busy administering....... not watching film.

I get the VFL. I am thankful for Phil Fulmer's love and service to UT. He stepped in and did his best, I'm sure. UT DESERVES the Athletic Department to be run by an experienced professional and NOT someone we keep as a legacy, Natty winning coach.

These are hard times for the program. We NEED a professional whose background is in administration, not coaching, to steer the program, stay out of the day to day activities of programs, and rebuild.

Phil Fulmer is a good man, a great Vol, but he's not an administrator...... he's a coach.

We need to honor Phil Fulmer, tell him "well done, good and faithful servant....." and cut him loose.

Look at Bama. They have a PROFESSIONAL ADMINISTRATOR in the AD's office, not a "hardcore Bammer for Life" guy..... a pro, someone running a huge program who had tons of experience when he got the job.

Look at Florida. They have a PROFESSIONAL, not a "blueblood Gator" in the AD's office. Stricklin is busy administering....... not watching film.

I get the VFL. I am thankful for Phil Fulmer's love and service to UT. He stepped in and did his best, I'm sure. UT DESERVES the Athletic Department to be run by an experienced professional and NOT someone we keep as a legacy, Natty winning coach.

These are hard times for the program. We NEED a professional whose background is in administration, not coaching, to steer the program, stay out of the day to day activities of programs, and rebuild.

Phil Fulmer is a good man, a great Vol, but he's not an administrator...... he's a coach.

What part of the program is on hard times other than football? Nobody on your side will build a case based on each sports current trajectory. Lay it out there for us all to see. Two hires back I was a Blackburn supporter openly on the boards. When he stepped in I don't think there was another choice out there to wipe the shame the previous AD had put us in nationally. After the recent MSU bowl fiasco, dumping Currie was a blessing and CPF has done his best with the football program he inherited. Like lots of years, there were no homeruns on the plate to choose from, especially as late in the process as he was introduced. He took his best shot and it was not good enough. Can you build a case for anybody else out there at that time that would be GOOD ENOUGH at this time?

VN Store

Back