It’s almost like Joe Milton has improved

Yeah I said NO...Then was attacked by the child. Your making fun of me BS! You went to telling me what I did wrong and attacking this poor kid Milton LOL...If you don’t take this poor kids performance personally. Then you don’t know how this games played! Stepping out of bounds and not throwing the ball towards anybody in orange is jaw dropping. You definitely have an agenda and also don’t want anyone disagreeing with yourself. By the way you don’t like the spelling don’t read or answer back. With your reasoning and logic... yeah please do me the favor and block me. Where I don’t have to read stupid post with an agenda and putting others down. Call me what you will and correcting my spelling. But if you think spelling and correcting people is the thing keep on keeping on. I’m not where I’m at in my life worrying about individuals like yourself putting down others spelling lol.

I can't put you down for spelling, but you can spam an entire thread bashing a kid over one play? Got it. I have no agenda. It was one of the top 10 most bone-headed plays in the last 10 years. I don't think you will find anybody that disagrees with that. Your agenda trashing this kid is absolutely juvenile. I will say this....if a grown man is taking "this poor kids performance personally", you have some problems. I know very well how this game is played. I have coached and played it at every level but professional. I'm not where I'm at in my life worrying about grown men putting kids down for playing a freaking game for my enjoyment. Get over it and yourself and you will find much more joy in life. Have a nice day.

Last edited:
I can't put you down for spelling, but you can spam an entire thread bashing a kid over one play? Got it. I have no agenda. It was one of the top 10 most bone-headed plays in the last 10 years. I don't think you will find anybody that disagrees with that. Your agenda trashing this kid is absolutely juvenile. I will say this....if a grown man is taking "this poor kids performance personally", you have some problems. I know very well how this game is played. I have coached and played it at every level but professional. I'm not where I'm at in my life worrying about grown men putting kids down for playing a freaking game for my enjoyment. Get over it and yourself and you will find much more joy in life. Have a nice day.
Oh I’m living my dreams and love life to the fullest. There’s no juvenile or child here but a man that’s taking no crap off people that bash others if they don’t agree with them. This is my 50th year of Tennessee football and I’m as passionate of a fan as anyone else. That’s hilarious that you spewed that much garbage out.! You act like he’s just a child and doesn’t know how to take criticism. This is what’s wrong with this world now.! The QB is the one person on the field that better know how to deal with negativity.! How can you even begin to put that in to perspective? You look all over this league or any league high school to college to the pros. This day and time a QB will dive up and over and be flipped upside down on there skull for the team. He ran out of bounds didn’t throw the ball towards his teammates....Didn’t even try to win the game. He ran out of bounds...You can’t fix that sort of thing. Because you have no ideal what’s running through there minds. How many times do you think that play was ran through his mind from the sideline. I’m not discussing my knowledge of the game and to brag....soooo good for you. But if you think I’m gonna just sit back and listen to a bunch of garbage. And not express my own opinion then your wrong. Nothing has changed about VolNation either. Either you agree or get bashed and ran off the site. Wishing something great for someone is awesome.! But to wish and try to will it and then your doomed. You have to feel and see it and want it bad. I don’t see it....and honestly I wished I could but I don’t think we ever will. That’s just my opinion so why can’t we just leave it at that. It’s my opinion just as I stated by saying the word NO. That’s it I said NO and got belittled by one fan and then your sorry arse butted in. So don’t give me your glorious spill your this your that and I did this and that...BS.!!! If you only knew.....lol

Oh I’m living my dreams and love life to the fullest. There’s no juvenile or child here but a man that’s taking no crap off people that bash others if they don’t agree with them. This is my 50th year of Tennessee football and I’m as passionate of a fan as anyone else. That’s hilarious that you spewed that much garbage out.! You act like he’s just a child and doesn’t know how to take criticism. This is what’s wrong with this world now.! The QB is the one person on the field that better know how to deal with negativity.! How can you even begin to put that in to perspective? You look all over this league or any league high school to college to the pros. This day and time a QB will dive up and over and be flipped upside down on there skull for the team. He ran out of bounds didn’t throw the ball towards his teammates....Didn’t even try to win the game. He ran out of bounds...You can’t fix that sort of thing. Because you have no ideal what’s running through there minds. How many times do you think that play was ran through his mind from the sideline. I’m not discussing my knowledge of the game and to brag....soooo good for you. But if you think I’m gonna just sit back and listen to a bunch of garbage. And not express my own opinion then your wrong. Nothing has changed about VolNation either. Either you agree or get bashed and ran off the site. Wishing something great for someone is awesome.! But to wish and try to will it and then your doomed. You have to feel and see it and want it bad. I don’t see it....and honestly I wished I could but I don’t think we ever will. That’s just my opinion so why can’t we just leave it at that. It’s my opinion just as I stated by saying the word NO. That’s it I said NO and got belittled by one fan and then your sorry arse butted in. So don’t give me your glorious spill your this your that and I did this and that...BS.!!! If you only knew.....lol

Dude...your "sorry arse" ran off 5 other posts with your nonsense before that guy "belittled" you. It's funny you saying that I "spewed that much garbage out" when you have 10x the amount of posts spewing your garbage. You have done nothing but bash on a player for ONE PLAY. The ironic thing is, 99.99999999999% of VN agrees with you that that was probably the most bone-headed play outside of JG's QB sneak in the last 10 years. You just choose to die on this hill and repeatedly show your ignorance. You are flushing a kid because he made one bad play, and losing your mind that the rest of us don't want to banish him to the nether-regions for it. You can have your opinion for sure. We've gotten that opinion loud and clear....not coherently, but loud.

Reactions: rocytop2624
I've had my share of misgivings about the Milt man. I know from my own experience as well as observing in others, people can and at times do change. Some for the better. Some for the worse, Milton looked better. If played in future games will that hold true? None of us know until or if that happens.

Yes. And that’s my only point. I’m not saying he absolutely will improve enough to be a good SEC QB. It’s ridiculous to say he absolutely will or won’t. Heupel obviously sees the potential. I’ve seen worse with less upside become good. Maybe he will too.

Dude...your "sorry arse" ran off 5 other posts with your nonsense before that guy "belittled" you. It's funny you saying that I "spewed that much garbage out" when you have 10x the amount of posts spewing your garbage. You have done nothing but bash on a player for ONE PLAY. The ironic thing is, 99.99999999999% of VN agrees with you that that was probably the most bone-headed play outside of JG's QB sneak in the last 10 years. You just choose to die on this hill and repeatedly show your ignorance. You are flushing a kid because he made one bad play, and losing your mind that the rest of us don't want to banish him to the nether-regions for it. You can have your opinion for sure. We've gotten that opinion loud and clear....not coherently, but loud.
Blah blah blah not reading your junk. Other than the five people thing. Your full of shart...! I’m man enough step aside CYa !

I think the key to your situation is most folks don't like elitism and arrogance and your LINE IN THE SAND position about this VOL QB exhibits those traits to the max. There are very few absolutes with players abilities to improve related to heart and intelligence. This particular player obviously has some physical tools that COULD make him an extraordinary QB if he and this staff can slow the game down and allow him to have some background processes working after the snap while also processing what is happening on the filed with our guys and the defenders. It comes easier and quicker to some than others, and of course never to some. But even in those cases it is not a lack of courage or moral fiber or intelligence, just the way we are all wired. But you have to let the entire cycle run it's course.

I am guessing the staff saw him perform in the fall on the practice field, thus his starts. Anxiety with the cameras on and a real game on the line the issue? Can that be overcome? Maybe is a concept you better learn to accept. Whatever it is don't get defensive when folks in Orange take exception to you trashing a player while he and the staff continue to try and make him the best QB he can be. Unless he exhibits some character issues I will continue to support him and his efforts. He for one still has a chance to become a verified VFL regardless of the number of plays he gets going forward.

At the end of the day the truth is....... Tn needs a QB. We do not have one. Actually we do have two against lesser teams but against strong teams not so much. Yeah Yeah.... We beat this team and that team but what we haven't done is shown growth and consistency. Neither of these guys will make it in the NFL as QB's. Sorry to burst your bubble. I hope we can get on the recruiting trail or the portal and find a quality QB.

At the end of the day the truth is....... Tn needs a QB. We do not have one. Actually we do have two against lesser teams but against strong teams not so much. Yeah Yeah.... We beat this team and that team but what we haven't done is shown growth and consistency. Neither of these guys will make it in the NFL as QB's. Sorry to burst your bubble. I hope we can get on the recruiting trail or the portal and find a quality QB.

You appear to be more dawg than Vol. Seems odd that you talk about team strength and must expect the QB to overcome the deltas of the other 10 players on the field and vs the 11 on the other side and the depth to keep them fresh. For example I shudder to think how that last game would have played out if we swapped QBs. HH might be a HEISTMAN candidate if he was on that team.

So, do you say the same thing about ya boy Peyton? He never beat Florida.

Hooker is certainly capable of playing in the NFL. Milton, likely not.

Blah blah blah not reading your junk. Other than the five people thing. Your full of shart...! I’m man enough step aside CYa !
I think that you should be "man enough" to admit that you did run off at the mouth before you were responded to. Also you have needlessly bashed a kid on a message board saying things you would NEVER say to his face trying to be some big, tough guy when you can't even string together 2 coherent thoughts/sentences. Have a nice day....ignoring now.

What is the story with Milton running out of bounds? Do you know if Milton or Heupel were asked about it post game? Is it possible he just lost clock awareness and thought he would have one more opportunity? If he did run out of bounds deliberately knowing it was the last play it is unforgivable in my opinion. But I don’t know the answer at this time.

Reactions: volinSmyrna
I think the key to your situation is most folks don't like elitism and arrogance and your LINE IN THE SAND position about this VOL QB exhibits those traits to the max. There are very few absolutes with players abilities to improve related to heart and intelligence. This particular player obviously has some physical tools that COULD make him an extraordinary QB if he and this staff can slow the game down and allow him to have some background processes working after the snap while also processing what is happening on the filed with our guys and the defenders. It comes easier and quicker to some than others, and of course never to some. But even in those cases it is not a lack of courage or moral fiber or intelligence, just the way we are all wired. But you have to let the entire cycle run it's course.

I am guessing the staff saw him perform in the fall on the practice field, thus his starts. Anxiety with the cameras on and a real game on the line the issue? Can that be overcome? Maybe is a concept you better learn to accept. Whatever it is don't get defensive when folks in Orange take exception to you trashing a player while he and the staff continue to try and make him the best QB he can be. Unless he exhibits some character issues I will continue to support him and his efforts. He for one still has a chance to become a verified VFL regardless of the number of plays he gets going forward.
Lol....elitism and arrogance I’m not sure what your doing with that one. A concept that maybe I need to learn? Huh lol...The jury is still out on the VFL player. I’ve seen nothing but uninspired play. The QB.! who didn’t know what to do with the ball on THE very last play of a game! It wasn’t as though he was at the fifty yard line and didn’t have time. He was looking for a wide open WR. on the last play of the game. The dude just doesn’t see and react...set and fire...trust the throw !!! This is the QB.!!!! I grew up in a Pro city where all players are put on the spot and criticized ! Hell they are at Alabama at Georgia at Florida at LSU etc.....This is a man this is QB.1 this isn’t a child.! No one on here had a problem continuously bashing JG and even when he went to WSU. I sat back and watched all the crap being spewed. Seems to me people on here just don’t want to be called out or to be wrong! Or simply someone else’s opinion! I truly hope he’s got it in him.!!!!! Tennessee needs him to be the guy. My one ?question? to you is how many years does a QB. get before the that MAN gets criticized? Unless we strive for more then Allllll we have is bickering over leftovers.! Let that one sink in and I don’t want to here about our current situation. Because they can and will bring in more QB transfers !

What is the story with Milton running out of bounds? Do you know if Milton or Heupel were asked about it post game? Is it possible he just lost clock awareness and thought he would have one more opportunity? If he did run out of bounds deliberately knowing it was the last play it is unforgivable in my opinion. But I don’t know the answer at this time.
CJH commented something like "Yeah, he wishes he wouldn't have done that". Another reason those guys love playing for him. It was one of the most bone-headed plays ever and his head coach refused to throw him under the bus. He just had a massive brain fart at the worst possible time. If our receiver could have come down with the ball on the previous play, JM would be a TN hero for life....now he is getting blasted by supposedly grown men (not talking about you) on message boards.

What is the story with Milton running out of bounds? Do you know if Milton or Heupel were asked about it post game? Is it possible he just lost clock awareness and thought he would have one more opportunity? If he did run out of bounds deliberately knowing it was the last play it is unforgivable in my opinion. But I don’t know theanswer at this time.
They let him know what position he was put in and what was at stake. You would think that he had been watching the game like we were. Lol He was prepped on the side lines and didn’t Ole Piss call timeout to set up there defense the last play ? If so he was reminded again and that it was the last play. The guy just plays uninspired

Lol....elitism and arrogance I’m not sure what your doing with that one. A concept that maybe I need to learn? Huh lol...The jury is still out on the VFL player. I’ve seen nothing but uninspired play. The QB.! who didn’t know what to do with the ball on THE very last play of a game! It wasn’t as though he was at the fifty yard line and didn’t have time. He was looking for a wide open WR. on the last play of the game. The dude just doesn’t see and react...set and fire...trust the throw !!! This is the QB.!!!! I grew up in a Pro city where all players are put on the spot and criticized ! Hell they are at Alabama at Georgia at Florida at LSU etc.....This is a man this is QB.1 this isn’t a child.! No one on here had a problem continuously bashing JG and even when he went to WSU. I sat back and watched all the crap being spewed. Seems to me people on here just don’t want to be called out or to be wrong! Or simply someone else’s opinion! I truly hope he’s got it in him.!!!!! Tennessee needs him to be the guy. My one ?question? to you is how many years does a QB. get before the that MAN gets criticized? Unless we strive for more then Allllll we have is bickering over leftovers.! Let that one sink in and I don’t want to here about our current situation. Because they can and will bring in more QB transfers !

Go back and check all the history you want and find where I spewed anything about JG. Like many I acknowledged the impact of his negative plays and had no problem with him being replaced. Now to specifically address your timing question. Nobody is denying he made a bonehead play when he ran out of bounds, but one play does not a trend make. What you are doing is way more than criticizing. You are calling for his condemnation and removal of consideration to EVER be on the field because of those plays. I will leave setting time limits on a players ability to learn and grow into a better player to GOD. As a Vol I will just hope it happens.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1967vol
Kid has all the tools physically. Can't blame CJH for starting him early but Hooker is QB1. If not for early overthrows not sure Hooker is playing.

Reactions: perico

Yes, he looked up at the clock as he ran out. He wasn't avoiding being hit as some have absurdly claimed. He obviously lost track of time.

He looked really good at the end of the game. Its encouraging. Small sample, need to see more, but definitely he's going in the right direction.

And for all that folks were willing to give up on him, he didn't have much time in camp prior to the start of the season.

We have a bad case of "JG syndrome", which is anticipating that our HC will be a backwoods Gump who keeps starting a QB that just ain't getting it. 2 games vs. 3 years...judge for yourself, but I think, possibly, just maybe, that I trust Heupel's judgment on Milton one way or the other.

There has been a chorus of questioning whether Heupel should have started Milton to begin with, but how often have you heard "you just don't know until they go at game speed"??? In short, Heupel had to try Milton out in a game to see how good/bad he really is.

There are also those saying he should have been benched in the second game, but if I'm Heupel, but I don't think allowing two games is a huge blunder by any means.

I'm just happy that Hooker worked out so well.

As for Milton, I hope the end of the Uga game was not fool's gold and that its indicative of how he will play from now on. That would be very good for the Vols.

Yes, he looked up at the clock as he ran out. He wasn't avoiding being hit as some have absurdly claimed. He obviously lost track of time.

He still could have changed his vector at the last minute, IMO.

Not being aware of time is not ideal either.

I'm willing to move past it though, if he has truly improved.

There is going to be a segment of our fanbase that will never get over, even if he wins the Heisman (maybe a slight exageration).

The example I like to point to is Nathan Peterman. He absolutely melted down for one half vs Florida and the great majority of our fanbase never wanted him to see the field.

That's two quarters, or 30 or so plays. That isn't enough to write someone off. I do realize he had four turnovers. He has shown a tendency to have turnovers in the NFL as well, and also in some games at Pitt, so he does roll that way.

I actually blame Jones for that first half more than Peterman though. Peterman had not played a single down, was a true frosh, and Jones started him on the road at the swamp in his third game. He had only been on campus 6 weeks. Is it any wonder he melted down?

That didn't matter to most of our fanbase though. He was "the worst QB to ever play at Tennessee!" Seriiously, multiple people told me that. After 30 plays. (SMH)

Reactions: NighthawkVol
Go back and check all the history you want and find where I spewed anything about JG. Like many I acknowledged the impact of his negative plays and had no problem with him being replaced. Now to specifically address your timing question. Nobody is denying he made a bonehead play when he ran out of bounds, but one play does not a trend make. What you are doing is way more than criticizing. You are calling for his condemnation and removal of consideration to EVER be on the field because of those plays. I will leave setting time limits on a players ability to learn and grow into a better player to GOD. As a Vol I will just hope it happens.
I’m not calling for nothing ! I’m not the coach it’s his paycheck not mine. Call bonehead all you want sit back and learn I guess. 1 play ? Lol he got benched before that because of his lack of play. You call it what you want but there’s gonna be a lot more of that to watch. If he becomes the starter next year. A horse can look like a thoroughbred but it doesn’t mean he’s gonna win a race. I’m done move on!

The only variable left and someone may have addressed this with Milton, I haven't read the thread. IMO Milton has IT but doesn't when the Chips are high. The Georgia game although he was playing against their starting rotation there was no stress on him because the game was essentially over. My thoughts Milton does well when there's no time to think just run the play but when he drops back and he's getting close to the 3-second clock he overthinks it and overthrows the receiver.
Also I'm still not impressed with his running turns sideways trying to absorb hits. He's more of a straight-line runner like Tebow with no oomph at the end. Hope he stays and competes there might be potential if anyone could bring it out it would be Hueple.

VN Store

Back