It’s almost like Joe Milton has improved

Rough crowd in here.Everyone bashing Milton had better hope he’s catching on.He’s only one play away from being QB1.
And assuming Tayven Jackson comes in raw because of playing in a run-oriented offense, Milton will likely be QB1 whenever Hooker goes pro.. we may only have 3 more games with Hooker. Who knows.

Reactions: Smokymtnbullet
Maybe but he came in during a zero pressure situation. I would have to see him make plays when the game is on the line
He may not had the pressure of winning the game but he had pressure on him to perform.
I have no doubt he knows what people online and tv are saying about him and wanted to put on a good performance with what time he had and those passes he made weren't against a D that went Prevent or had their scrubs in. He did them against quality players... Also he knew what the score was just like everyone else and that GA hadn't allowed 14pts all season, I bet he wanted that TD bad just to prove to himself if no one else. Some people can't get over that hurdle once they crash and burn...
Not saying he'll ball out next time but his passing was way better so he's taking that coaching he's getting and applying it.
Personally I hope he balls out if given anther chance. Opens up the chance that others with raw talent that needs coaching may look to come to UT and have CJH and staff work with them

Reactions: VolinMC
Are you comparing Joe Milton to Ken Stabler? Joe Milton is in his 4rth year of college football. He has thrown 6 touchdowns and 6 interceptions, and hadn’t even hit 1500 career passing yards heading into tonight. He is nothing to get excited about, and I honest to God don’t understand why people want to defend him. His stats don’t even rise to mediocre at any level of football. Has he gotten better? Hell, he has nowhere to go but up. Ken Stabler might have made a boneheaded play here and there, everybody does. But he had a fantastic resume that people remember instead of the mistakes. Joe Milton is just another bust.

Fight the good fight brother

Keep the JM hate strong...

Gotta whine about someone since Jarrett is gone.i was worried we would be really good and yall would have to find a kicker or a back up LB to hate on anytime his name was mentioned. I do belive some of you would be suicidal if you didnt have a player to be your villain.

Too many Marvel movies being made IMO.

I’m not saying he should. But s bunch of our fans acted like he was a hopeless case because he wasn’t a good QB after only playing 1.5 games and only being in this offense for a month before the season started. Not to mention that the guys around him weren’t up to speed in this offense yet either until about October. The notion that he can develop into a good QB was just thrown out the window.

Our impatient, black and white societal mentality just won’t allow folks to consider him anything other than a lost cause.
So if you are a coach who is instilling a never give up mentality would you want your quarterback to just stand there with 11 seconds left in the game instead of running one more play. Reminded me of the running out of bounds play. I've never questioned his potential ability but after watching him on the sideline I wonder if he has bought in to the "team" philsophy.

I think it’s ridiculous how quick folks were to turn on him and call him terrible. He had the tools to be a good one. He was here for a very short time before starting for this team to start the year.
And?!?! He’s done nothing to prove he will be better. End of game period he’s still the same dude that ran out of bounds

To be fair Milton sure can whiz that f3##er down the field. - said as The Goat by Adam Sandler

I’m not saying he should. But s bunch of our fans acted like he was a hopeless case because he wasn’t a good QB after only playing 1.5 games and only being in this offense for a month before the season started. Not to mention that the guys around him weren’t up to speed in this offense yet either until about October. The notion that he can develop into a good QB was just thrown out the window.

Our impatient, black and white societal mentality just won’t allow folks to consider him anything other than a lost cause.
Okay and what are you doing other than speculating. How many years do you get to be QB 1 and can’t get the job done before we label the dude in performance? I’m just curious how this is possible. The dude ran out of bounds at the END. The whole dam country was laughing at that and analyzing the moment. Just another practice person and loses it on the field. JG was enough...Not even worth debating !

I would suggest that it is up to Joe how good he becomes, no one else .

Double your medication, and get neutered. Call me if that doesn’t work.
Keep talking ignorant and they’ll be locking you up and keeping you medicated ! You can’t carry my jockstrap. So don’t be worrying yourself over my balls. If I want an intelligent conversation....It want be me calling you anyways after that crazy talk.! Crazy talk.....passes and NFL in a conversation about Milton....WOW Lol

I've had my share of misgivings about the Milt man. I know from my own experience as well as observing in others, people can and at times do change. Some for the better. Some for the worse, Milton looked better. If played in future games will that hold true? None of us know until or if that happens.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back