Isnt it time

There’s no need for him to apologize to anyone. I couldn’t care less that he took the pay he deserved. The fan base is obviously calling for a way out of his contract with the investigation. I care about how crappy he coaches and how crappy his teams are. That rests on his shoulders and it is time to fire his sorry ass and send him back to Alabama.

Exactly. I don’t care if he goes away with or without his raise, happy or sad, richer or poorer. I just want him to go away soon.

I agree with you about Coach Pruitt's raise but i don't think he should be cut loose yet.

Welcome aboard Ms. Pruitt. Way to stick up for your son this way! :)

Once again, politics has nothing to do with this.

Everything is interconnected. Human beings typically don't have firewalls that perfectly segment off behavior from one aspect of self to another. But I'm going to drop that correlation going forward because I can't word things in a way that makes them approachable, relatable, or understandable for most people. That issue is on me.

I have grown weary of irrational posts concerning CPF. We have to deal with his entire record not just his one emergency hire when he was called in late in the process to put out the fires his predecessor put in the national media. Bet he would love to hire a homerun coach right now, but this is worst time in history to do so.

Reactions: Seattle Hillbilly
Barnes was already there and the baseball coach. Maybe Fulmer can make a great football hire. We shall see.
Ti

SO! Keeping them, providing them with what they need as best he can to sustain or improve them is his job. Let's deal with the whole truth. If any of them were tanking you guys would hang it around his neck in a minute. Just yesterday he was chastised for Holly.... How many seasons did he give his friend Holly?

When has it ever not been?
It seems to be the current trend for sure. Folks seem to think if they stomp their feet and cry about the things they don't like it will make it all better. They are weak little junior rangers IMO.

That's "cool". Data can be a lot easier to manipulate than people. But, I am curious what cues you received that led you to speculate that the people calling for Pruitt to surrender his money (and, I am not one of those!) were "right-leaning" and not "left leaning", which would make more sense.

Sorry to butt into a one on one but while stats can indeed be manipulated, people tend to be sheep to be led.

Reactions: Kungfuman2000
Everything is interconnected. Human beings typically don't have firewalls that perfectly segment off behavior from one aspect of self to another. But I'm going to drop that correlation going forward because I can't word things in a way that makes them approachable, relatable, or understandable for most people. That issue is on me.

And that is a classic cop out when your line of thinking is shown to be disingenuous...and thats being charitable. Pretending you are just too intellectual for the morons that surround you is simply narcissistic and typical of many who want to interject their political beliefs into all conversations.

And that is found on both sides of the political aisle.

i personally know people who are die hard Vol fans who are just as die hard demo/repub. The smart ones do not see all things as political.

But nice attempt..

Reactions: wbailey7 and Volboy
AshG, You're clearly very bright, but your admitted weakness "have trouble with social cues " is spot on. Coming here to the place where logic is never considered, then tying to use it to make your point, is not rational. Also, your theory would be easier to follow if you abandoned those double-negatives too.

This idea of connecting vol fans and their angst about a coach, or lack thereof, to their political ideology is not fact based, but opinion oriented and that's okay, but don't try to make it something it isn't. I come here to escape politics, not bring it into the conversation. This is sports. We're fans. We don't have to use logic, and we rarely do. That's okay too.

I like CJP. But his team has under-performed this year. He should get the blame. The fan base has lost confidence in him and perception is now reality. If insufficient people stop believing in you, change is probably necessary, even if he can right the ship. Coaches won't desire working here and players will seek better environments.

A contract is a contract and I would not advocate taking any of his pay away. But if he wants to stay, he needs a bold gesture to start with. Voluntarily giving up part of his salary may be one part of that, along with vocalizing his own failure. It would probably buy him some time but it needs to come from him, not UT. We're a forgiving people but the ball is in his court. If he wants to stay, he needs to ask for our help and stop being so thin skinned about the criticism. He's been his own worst enemy this year.

I personally think his attitude this year indicates he's changed and is no longer capable of that type of move. I don't like to advocate firing coaches, but unless he can bring the fan base on board with him, it's probably time to move on.

Last edited:
And that is a classic cop out when your line of thinking is shown to be disingenuous...and thats being charitable. Pretending you are just too intellectual for the morons that surround you is simply narcissistic and typical of many who want to interject their political beliefs into all conversations.

And that is found on both sides of the political aisle.

i personally know people who are die hard Vol fans who are just as die hard demo/repub. The smart ones do not see all things as political.

But nice attempt..

You don't know me, but nice try. Didn't mean to trigger you. Thanks for the attention, totally fed my narcissism. ;)

My point, if you look overhead and sightly behind, is that people who generally and rightfully expect to not have their compensation be part of someone else's hissy fit have no problem having a hissy fit over someone else's compensation.

And the largest deficit spending in the last few decades has been solidly (and unfortunately) conservative in origin. But let's not go down that path.
You must have missed the Obama years where debt exploded nearly 10 trillion. To suggest that the left are fiscal hawks is ludicrous.

Reactions: tennrich1
This one will definitely go in the HOF thread vault. It’s quite clear now there’s a contest somewhere I’m not privy to to see just how many silly Pruitt threads can be started...and how many people like me will respond. There’s no other explanation!

VN Store

Back