Isnt it time

Not sure of your point but will agree with you that unapologetically spending other people’s money is certainly a left leaning staple

My point, if you look overhead and sightly behind, is that people who generally and rightfully expect to not have their compensation be part of someone else's hissy fit have no problem having a hissy fit over someone else's compensation.

And the largest deficit spending in the last few decades has been solidly (and unfortunately) conservative in origin. But let's not go down that path.

Reactions: Seattle Hillbilly
That's great. What data have you collected on this forum?

Officially, none. Don't want to. Too much paperwork. Too many legal issues. People get antsy when their behavior behind a pseudonym may be connected with their actual named self.

Anecdotally, I use visible patterns of behavior to try and understand systems like the one here because I'm non-neurotypical and have trouble with social cues and integrating into constructs. Data makes more sense to me than people.

Officially, none. Don't want to. Too much paperwork. Too many legal issues. People get antsy when their behavior behind a pseudonym may be connected with their actual named self.

Anecdotally, I use visible patterns of behavior to try and understand systems like the one here because I'm non-neurotypical and have trouble with social cues and integrating into constructs. Data makes more sense to me than people.

That's "cool". Data can be a lot easier to manipulate than people. But, I am curious what cues you received that led you to speculate that the people calling for Pruitt to surrender his money (and, I am not one of those!) were "right-leaning" and not "left leaning", which would make more sense.

I agree with you about Coach Pruitt's raise but i don't think he should be cut loose yet.

Reactions: MAD
That's "cool". Data can be a lot easier to manipulate than people. But, I am curious what cues you received that led you to speculate that the people calling for Pruitt to surrender his money (and, I am not one of those!) were "right-leaning" and not "left leaning", which would make more sense.

You'll figure things out. Do your own research. ;)

Isn’t it time we get over it? It’s in the past. Can’t change it and if I thought I was losing my job I wouldn’t take a cut either. Anyone who would I’d like to talk to about some land I have for sale in the Everglades. It’s waterfront too!

Isn’t it time we get over it? It’s in the past. Can’t change it and if I thought I was losing my job I wouldn’t take a cut either. Anyone who would I’d like to talk to about some land I have for sale in the Everglades. It’s waterfront too!
Tee and Jay Graham took cuts. And a lot of other coaches across the country did. One time Barnes paid an assistants salary. That's what class act leaders do. The right thing! If you believe in yourself, you know that taking a cut might benefit you down the road. But he cant think like that. Doesnt have the capacity.

For a sport that hosts decidedly right-leaning fan base, the number of calls demanding that individuals give back their salaries (in whole or part) and perform public acts of contrition for things that do not violate law or contract are... Interesting.
It’s not a left or right position. It’s a fan fantasy.

Tee and Jay Graham took cuts. And a lot of other coaches across the country did. One time Barnes paid an assistants salary. That's what class act leaders do. The right thing! If you believe in yourself, you know that taking a cut might benefit you down the road. But he cant think like that. Doesnt have the capacity.
He can’t pay assistants’ salaries. That’s an NCAA violation. And if you’ll remember from a few weeks ago, he was working with compliance to help supplement the pay of a couple of staffers.

It's time for Pruitt to apologize for taking a raise and not taking a pay cut during a time when many are jobless. It's also time to apologize for not letting his assistants coach without meddling. And time to admit how awful his record is. And I think we would all feel better if he admitted that he made a mistake not developing qbs or exploring the transfer market for a qb. If he admitted how much he has failed and put a plan out there, more people might be willing to give him a chance.
Did you apologize the last time you got a raise?

He and Fulmer aren’t deserving. I think that is the point that you are missing, purposely or not, I’m not sure.

On Fulmer. Football is trending down. How about Men's BB, Womens BB, Baseball, Softball, Track and Field, Swimming, Golf, Tennis, Soccer and Volleyball... Others if you wish. He gets the same level of blame or credit for those as well three year in.

Coach has absolutely put his job in play this year. I am guessing the raise was based on the six game win streak with the bowl win.. If admin and money guys have a game changer we can afford in the year of COVID so be it. If not, we may have to ride it out one more year and put some money in the bank and certainly have less buyout to deal with unless Coach pulls off a miracle and posts a record that does not support cutting him loose... guessing 8 wins minimum.

However, if you are dedicated to change, if you and 999 of your friends will each pony up $20,000 to cover the buyouts in the year of the COVID, you could change the dynamics. Then our normal channels could afford to go after a homerun coach instead of a reach.

On Fulmer. Football is trending down. How about Men's BB, Womens BB, Baseball, Softball, Track and Field, Swimming, Golf, Tennis, Soccer and Volleyball... Others if you wish. He gets the same level of blame or credit for those as well three year in.

Coach has absolutely put his job in play this year. I am guessing the raise was based on the six game win streak with the bowl win.. If admin and money guys have a game changer we can afford in the year of COVID so be it. If not, we may have to ride it out one more year and put some money in the bank and certainly have less buyout to deal with unless Coach pulls off a miracle and posts a record that does not support cutting him loose... guessing 8 wins minimum.

However, if you are dedicated to change, if you and 999 of your friends will each pony up $20,000 to cover the buyouts in the year of the COVID, you could change the dynamics. Then our normal channels could afford to go after a homerun coach instead of a reach.
Barnes was already there and the baseball coach. Maybe Fulmer can make a great football hire. We shall see.

Reactions: Kungfuman2000

VN Store

Back