Is this true? Justine transferring

sisaq

Better not be true

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230412_101919_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20230412_101919_Twitter.jpg
    284 KB · Views: 461
The one time Kellie actually gets a top flight HS recruit, she can’t keep her.

If she goes to another SEC school and balls out…oof
I’d say she ventures back up north. But you’re right, her one high school recruit and she didn’t handle it well. Committed for almost two years, either Kellie missed her evaluation - which was why she held on for so long or development lacked once she hit campus.

I’d say she ventures back up north. But you’re right, her one high school recruit and she didn’t handle it well. Committed for almost two years, either Kellie missed her evaluation - which was why she held on for so long or development lacked once she hit campus.
Maybe she was recruited over by someone coming in?

Top tier programs should always “recruit over”. We can say it’s not a HS school player…and if another portal player comes then it says more about the staffs lack of development to take another ready made player.
i disagree. hollingshead did not come in as a “ready made player.” she was practically a freshman. she barely played at georgia, so kellie and co. gets all the praise for her development and future development

It’s bad for Tennessee but it is probably good for her if she is looking for a fresh start and maybe get a starting role this year. She has to be disappointed things didn’t work our here for her. Wish she could have gotten a lot more minutes last year.
I feel certain she was expecting to be a starter by this year but with RJ coming back, she realized that wasn’t going to happen.

Last edited:
It’s bad for Tennessee but it is probably good for her is she is looking for a fresh start and maybe get a starting role this year. She has to be disappointed things didn’t work our here for her. Wish she could have gotten a lot more minutes last year.
I feel certain she was expecting to be a starter by this year but with RJ coming back, she realized that wasn’t going to happen.
I can feel another player coming in that could've had a part in the decision. I hope this is true and we announce a top player today.

This will make it even harder for Kellie to recruit high school kids.

Justine is a better player with a higher ceiling than some who got a lot more minutes this year while producing nothing. She needed playing time, and there was no downside to giving it to her given what we were getting at her position in a lot of games.

Kellie mishandled that situation badly. Her whole substitution and playing time scheme cost us a lot of games and now it cost us her only blue chip recruit.

I could swear I just saw a post a few days ago that said she had re-signed her NIL deal for this coming year

i disagree. hollingshead did not come in as a “ready made player.” she was practically a freshman. she barely played at georgia, so kellie and co. gets all the praise for her development and future development

Like you said, Hollingshead had been improving everyday, and it takes patience.

I can feel another player coming in that could've had a part in the decision. I hope this is true and we announce a top player today.
The naysayers on this board (you know who you are) are reveling a little too much in their anti Kellie/Lady Vols rhetoric. We need some good news to kick them back down a couple notches.

She barely played due to illness and knee injury. Played in 20 games, she wasn’t last on the bench handing out towels and handshakes. Also, ranked ahead of those in front of her already at TN. Again, ready made to play. Good get for TN but no need to act like we tapped into something.

Reactions: volmanNC and tbwhhs
This will make it even harder for Kellie to recruit high school kids.

Justine is a better player with a higher ceiling than some who got a lot more minutes this year while producing nothing. She needed playing time, and there was no downside to giving it to her given what we were getting at her position in a lot of games.

Kellie mishandled that situation badly. Her whole substitution and playing time scheme cost us a lot of games and now it cost us her only blue chip recruit.
Something me and coach jumper agreed on was this was Kellies test for future HS recruits, to look at how Justine was used as a freshman.

It’s bad for Tennessee but it is probably good for her if she is looking for a fresh start and maybe get a starting role this year. She has to be disappointed things didn’t work our here for her. Wish she could have gotten a lot more minutes last year.
Only see her starting on a bad team. Idk where she’ll go that she won’t be in the same situation unless mid major or bad P5 (but even then idk)

Lady Vols are just another B program. The good days are gone. Another 10 loss season is coming next year unless a miracle happens. We need a coach bottom line. How do you not develop and play a high school McDonalds all american player? Sad she is leaving but probably in her best interest.

She may be a wonderful person, but her performances this year were shockingly poor.
Airballed shots repeatedly, physically weak, no quickness and could not defend.
I hope she goes somewhere and enjoys her college days. Best wishes.
She played high school ball in a Catholic league that honestly didn't have a lot of talented players. She dominated in that league. I also have to give her some credit for some good AAU play as well when she played much better competition. She didn't really do anything here that was very good in the limited time she played. I would've worked her in a few more minutes if I had been in Kellie's shoes, but it is what it is good luck to her.

Maybe she was recruited over by someone coming in?
That was my thought. Otherwise the timing is weird. Why wait this long when the portal's been hellza poppin for a month? With the current roster, Justine was set to get alot of playing time, probably as primary backup to an All SEC player. That had to be pretty appealing.

Maybe it's not about playing time at all. Maybe homesick, misses twin, or something else is going on. Still hope it isn't true and wish her all the best if it is.

And time to put on the eyeshades, put in the ear plugs, you know where to put the cork. The Told You So Hallelujah Chorus bout to go on an endless loop. It is a very bad look, whether there was misevalution (lots of others had same mis eval) or lack of development, losing your first and only elite hs recruit is not good.

Even worse is the fact the LVs may not be able to field a team in a couple of years. Two empty classes is logistical roster damage that's going to take some real scrambling to fill.

I don't think it's all that damaging to the KJH's culture story. In the portal age, someone, esp near the end of the bench, is going to transfer. I still think the recent cultural wins outweigh this transfer if it happens.

Last edited:
Reactions: Volfan1000

VN Store

Back