Is this true? Justine transferring

Everyone should really look at USC or Uconn when looking at freshman minutes. But no offense this mean Justine wasn’t bought in. Of all the sweet sixteen teams how many freshman played a significant role? USC has hordes of young talent and didn’t see the freshman really touch the floor at all. It’s about buy into culture. Maybe she will change her mind and come back? I’m sure Kellie would allow her. I don’t see bigger or better options for her.
we’re not operating on the same level as UConn or USC, outside of RJ we don’t have a starter that would start for either team.

Everyone should really look at USC or Uconn when looking at freshman minutes. But no offense this mean Justine wasn’t bought in. Of all the sweet sixteen teams how many freshman played a significant role? USC has hordes of young talent and didn’t see the freshman really touch the floor at all. It’s about buy into culture. Maybe she will change her mind and come back? I’m sure Kellie would allow her. I don’t see bigger or better options for her.
IN THEIR SWEET SIXTEEN GAMES HERES HOW FRESHMAN WERE USED:
Tennessee no freshman Mins
Miami Oldacre 5 min/g
UConn Patterson 1 min
Va Tech no freshman
USC “Raven Johnson” redshirt freshman backup pg
LSU Flajuae started
Ole Miss Thompson 10 min/g role play
Louisville Nyla Harris started
Iowa Hannah Hildalgo backup min for Cinano
UCLA most freshman of any team 6 played
Maryland 2 freshman with <10 min/g
Notre Dame KK Bransford started
Colorado no significant freshman mins <3
Villanova no freshman
Utah no significant freshman Mins <3
Ohio state Cotie McMahon started

Last edited:
Justine isn't quick enough to guard on the perimeter in a top P-5 league, nor physical enough to guard in the post or rebound. We have an all world 3/4 in Rickea, and we have a lot of 4's in Jillian, Sarah, ect, ahead of her. Her choice is to either play backup this season here to evolve into a stretch four or leave to play somewhere where they don't have these logjams. Her leaving may be a bad look for us, but it's also a bad look for her as her skills prevented her from cracking our lineup for two years.

IN THERE SWEET SIXTEEN GAMES HERES HOW FRESHMAN WERE USED:
Tennessee no freshman Mins
Miami Oldacre 5 min/g
UConn Patterson 1 min
Va Tech no freshman
USC “Raven Johnson” redshirt freshman backup pg
LSU Flajuae started
Ole Miss Thompson 10 min/g role play
Louisville Nyla Harris started
Iowa Hannah Hildalgo backup min for Cinano
UCLA most freshman of any team 6 played
Maryland 2 freshman with <10 min/g
Notre Dame KK Bransford started
Colorado no significant freshman mins <3
Villanova no freshman
Utah no significant freshman Mins <3
Ohio state Cotie McMahon started
Realistically on any of these sweet sixteen teams where would Justine have it better?

Of the 16 teams only 5 had a freshman starter. And only 9 played significant mins >15min/g
(3 being from UCLA and Raven Johnson being a REDSHIRT freshman)

Reactions: glv98
Although true in bracket, UConn had no issue taking care of us at TBA. Believe they played 7 players too..Freshman Patterson getting 10 mins of time.
Patterson got 1 min in the sweet sixteen see my other post for freshman min breakdowns of the Sweet Sixteen teams

Justine isn't quick enough to guard on the perimeter in a top P-5 league, nor physical enough to guard in the post or rebound. We have an all world 3/4 in Rickea, and we have a lot of 4's in Jillian, Sarah, ect, ahead of her. Her choice is to either play backup this season here to evolve into a stretch four or leave to play somewhere where they don't have these logjams. Her leaving may be a bad look for us, but it's also a bad look for her as her skills prevented her from cracking our lineup for two years.
Where do you get 2 years? She is a Freshman. Kellie screwed the pooch with this one. You don't bring in a talent like this and park them on the bench except for maybe 2 minutes in a blow out. Something is not right with this program. The future is looking pretty grim unless they pull some miracles out of the portal.

Patterson got 1 min in the sweet sixteen see my other post for freshman min breakdowns of the Sweet Sixteen teams
Very few teams saw freshmen play more than Justine played at Tennessee. I would say about ten or so out of the top fifty got meaningful minutes on the court. Patterson averaged 10 minutes a game and Justine averaged 7 minutes per game.

You did see that as I did see it also. She has resigned a NIL deal with Lady Vols Boost Her Club guess that deal no longer exists.

Or, possibly, someone offered her more money or a better "deal" that Tennessee couldn't match.

Very few teams saw freshmen play more than Justine played at Tennessee. I would say about ten or so out of the top fifty got meaningful minutes on the court. Patterson averaged 10 minutes a game and Justine averaged 7 minutes per game.
Exactly again I ask at what top school would she have had it better? I say none I broke down the freshman time of sweet sixteen teams in post 32

Or, possibly, someone offered her more money or a better "deal" that Tennessee couldn't match.
Maybe but I think she wants to play a lot and couldn't get any guarantee that it was going to happen here. She better choose her next destination wisely she is not up to guarding Power Five players and her game seems to be limited to a perimeter shooter. Still I think we could've given her some of Tess minutes they are about equal as players from what I saw.

Reactions: Raebo
Exactly again I ask at what top school would she have had it better? I say none I broke down the freshman time of sweet sixteen teams in post 32
She could've played a lot at schools in the Big East like Butler, Georgetown, and a few others. She might have seem a lot of time at Texas A&M this season or Auburn teams like that. She would've seen a lot more bench time at UConn, SC, and most of the top schools.

She just wasn’t good enough to play this year, didn’t u watch the games? she needed to work on her strength, quickness, dribble, and to be able to come off of screens and shoot the 3.

I’d say she ventures back up north. But you’re right, her one high school recruit and she didn’t handle it well. Committed for almost two years, either Kellie missed her evaluation - which was why she held on for so long or development lacked once she hit campus.
IMO she should have been playing much more in regular season taking some of Tess Darby's minutes.She was not developed one bit by this coaching staff and I do not blame her one bit for transferring . This does not bode well for this head coach now with no high school recruits for two consecutive years on the roster.Now totally dependent on the fickle Portal.Good luck to Lady Vols Basketball team because they need every bit of luck in attracting talent that will make them championship competitive.

Where do you get 2 years? She is a Freshman. Kellie screwed the pooch with this one. You don't bring in a talent like this and park them on the bench except for maybe 2 minutes in a blow out. Something is not right with this program. The future is looking pretty grim unless they pull some miracles out of the portal.
Her leaving doesn’t hurt us, but if we don’t get at least 2 elite players from the portal, things will look grim.

She just wasn’t good enough to play this year, didn’t u watch the games? she needed to work on her strength, quickness, dribble, and to be able to come off of screens and shoot the 3.
I agree that’s why I said buy in. The USC players didn’t play and they aren’t transferring

Reactions: DarkPhoenix
IMO she should have been playing much more in regular season taking some of Tess Darby's minutes.She was not developed one bit by this coaching staff and I do not blame her one bit for transferring . This does not bode well for this head coach now with no high school recruits for two consecutive years on the roster.Now totally dependent on the fickle Portal.Good luck to Lady Vols Basketball team because they need every bit of luck in attracting talent that will make them championship competitive.
Agree, she had a role player in front of her. Had Tess shown up in the big games a case could be made.

The coaching staff treated Justine like cannon fodder. Her skill set would be a better fit at Villanova or Maryland. Best of luck to you at your next school Justine.

Reactions: Lawdawg and alexvol

VN Store

Back