Is this true? Justine transferring

Agree, she had a role player in front of her. Had Tess shown up in the big games a case could be made.
I don’t disagree with this but it really makes me question work ethic. Talented freshies ur willing to put up with mistakes if they are going hard for u everyday. And the mistakes feel less bad when u do have a talented/experienced role player to mitigate those. Sometimes it is ceiling>experience

Reactions: Majors
you people in this forum are miserable. I promise if she ends up transferring it won’t kill our program. I personally believe she was recruited over and we will hear about a good recruit soon (seems promising after sam’s tweet) . She’s raw talent and tbh could never reach it. I hope she does, she’s a sweet girl.

She barely played due to illness and knee injury. Played in 20 games, she wasn’t last on the bench handing out towels and handshakes. Also, ranked ahead of those in front of her already at TN. Again, ready made to play. Good get for TN but no need to act like we tapped into something.

Nope...she worked her way up to this level.

you people in this forum are miserable. I promise if she ends up transferring it won’t kill our program. I personally believe she was recruited over and we will hear about a good recruit soon (seems promising after sam’s tweet) . She’s raw talent and tbh could never reach it. I hope she does, she’s a sweet girl.

Recruited over? By who? We signed nobody this year. You can't be recruited over by nobody.

I don’t disagree with this but it really makes me question work ethic. Talented freshies ur willing to put up with mistakes if they are going hard for u everyday. And the mistakes feel less bad when u do have a talented/experienced role player to mitigate those. Sometimes it is ceiling>experience
When one doesn't play ...almost no playing time even in blow outs ...it tends to discourage one hence work ethic as well for many players ....I seem to recall such a personal situation my own self once upon a time long ago ....

Reactions: tbwhhs
Not even gonna pile on at this point. Wish Justine the best wherever she ends up. She stayed committed for 2 years.

It’s disappointing that another player who was highly regarded as a deadly 3pt shooter didn’t pan out at Tennessee.

Whether this news makes you happy, sad, or leaves you indifferent as to the effect on the team, it will be used by other programs to ask legitimate questions:

1) Why can't TN attract top high school recruits?
2) Why can't TN keep its one and only top high school recruit from the last two years?
3) If you, a top high school player, go to TN, what are the odds they will use the portal to keep you on the bench?

We can call that “negative recruiting” or accept it as justified reality. Either way, it will happen.

Yes. They don't let you shoot from the bench.

Even when she played, I didn’t see any set plays to get her open. She just went to the corner and stood… like our other shooters, tbh.

Players like Justine go to schools like ND, UConn, Iowa, Iowa St, etc, and don’t seem to have a problem doing what they’re best at.

I had high hopes for Pissott and definitely feel like she could’ve seen more playing time throughout the season. I think she’ll thrive in a good offensive system.

However I really don’t know how long we can last, depending on the portal each and every year to field a competitive team.

I had high hopes for Pissott and definitely feel like she could’ve seen more playing time throughout the season. I think she’ll thrive in a good offensive system.

However I really don’t know how long we can last, depending on the portal each and every year to field a competitive team.
I think we'll be ok if we can get two or three more two year players on the team. Then of course recruit well in 2024. One thing that is going to happen for now on is freshmen getting upset about playing time and transferring. That is going to happen to everybody half of the top 20 will be getting in the portal almost every year as they don't get off the bench. Aicha Coulibaly visiting comes from Mali originally where they speak french. If I saw her signing with Tennessee and I play the similar position that she played I would get in the portal too.

When one doesn't play ...almost no playing time even in blow outs ...it tends to discourage one hence work ethic as well for many players ....I seem to recall such a personal situation my own self once upon a time long ago ....
It takes discipline. If that discourages u I hate to say it but u probably aren’t gonna make it far

Reactions: Hoosier and Bret178
For people who are talking about this transfer let us not forget that Stanford lost half their 2022 class and a couple other players as well. Louisville lost a lot of their class. UConn will lose some next season. Arizona has lost most of their last two classes. These are just a few examples of what is happening. We didn't have but one player to lose, but were in just as good a shape as a lot of other schools that are losing as much as half of their team.

To me this is disappointing, but not unexpected, news given how she was handled at UT. I tend to think she was (or she could have been) the real deal. The US national team staff certainly saw something in her. I don't think she was misevaluated. She was one of the most decorated high school basketball recruits in the country last year. She was both a McDonald’s and Jordan Brand All-American and she won a gold medal with the 2022 USA U18 National Team at the FIBA U18 Women's Americas Championship. There is absolutely no evidence that she was "recruited over." In fact, the Lady Vols have no new recruits, particularly not ones with "All American" on their resumes. I doubt this is fatal to the Lady's program, but it sure doesn't help.

VN Store

Back