Is this one of the other reasons the Lady Vols are struggling in HS recruiting?

Earl says it,,good enough for me
Anyone can say it. Believe a few asked what the numbers were and he failed to provide. Believe he took the “it’s not my place” stance.

Again, we managed a Top 7 portal class and RJ…but somehow missing out on NIL.

I thought this was interesting hearing this from Geno.

Read that, it is interesting. He never should have called out LPL specifically, that is very low class. And turns out she's a terrible example of the transactional, self interested player he's talking about. Played at Seton Hall 4 solid yrs and just grad transferred. Not a thing wrong with that. Geno deserves the hell he's catching for this one.

I do agree it's a crazy, unsustainable clusterf@ck out there right now and unlimited transfer will tip it all the way over. But that wouldn't have happened if the grown ups hadn't resisted so long letting athletes profit off their own names and images and didn't have to be dragged kicking and screaming. Also if they'd bothered to make any rules, instead of stomping away in a childish snit.

The other huge hypocracy is that coaches certainly have never had a problem being transactional nor easily punting those sacred relationships for more money.

Do you know Earl personally?
I do
I know the man doesn't run his mouth just to hear it
Like some

If he says he knows something, I am wise enough to know he knows it,,or he wouldn't say it
And just bc he doesn't reveal how he knows what he knows is no reason to dismiss it

People believe or don't believe me without my spouting my sources And I DO have them!
But to keep them, I have to guard their identity or I would not have them
so does he

I do
Like some

If he says he knows something, I am wise enough to know he knows it,,or he wouldn't say it
And just bc he doesn't reveal how he knows what he knows is no reason to dismiss it

People believe or don't believe me without my spouting my sources And I DO have them!
so does he
So you believe NIL is the major reason we’re 3 and 1627492048305 in high school recruiting Jump?

I do
Like some

so does he
like I said. Anyone can say what he’s said and in return say “it’s not my place” to come across as knowing. Believe who/what you want, I’ll believe what I see.

Kellie sucks. The LVs are unwatchable. Slow, unathletic and uninspired. I miss Pat. Her teams were talented and tough.

I never saw PHS come to Hiwassee College in 1984 through 1986 when I was there or DeVoe and I know a few of those junior college players would have likely walked on hot coals to play for Tenneessee's men or women's teams.

Maybe Harper needs to look at the junior college route to get some players.

So you believe NIL is the major reason we’re 3 and 1627492048305 in high school recruiting Jump?
not the entire reason,,,no
But NIL does play a huge role in this "instant gratification Generation"

In an age where kids don't have to work for things like they used to they want to know what they can get NOW

Example: My dad bought a powder blue 4-door Plymouth Fury (with a 6 cylinder that wouldn't burn rubber in the rain up a hill)...for my eldest sister for 400$...She had to repay him from babysitting, house-cleaning, etc earnings or she lost the driving privileges. Linda used it to get her 69 firebird...The car then went to my second oldest sister,,,same deal...Then to me! And dig it, here I am a somewhat popular two-sport player driving to school in a powder blue 4-door Plymouth Fury! I had to repay dad from lawn mowing, leaf raking, gutter cleaning, etc. Over the summer, I repaid him and had enough to go in half on my official first car...A royal blue 72 firebird.... The powder blue 4-door Plymouth Fury,,subsequently fell to my younger brother. Who did what I did and bought a yellow Mach 1 ford.

My youngest brother, 10 years younger,,,did he have to do this. No, for his 16th birthday he got a gold Honda Prelude he didn't have to pay for!???

And this generation is much more coddled than his was...They fully expect to start out with what Mom and Dad had from 20 years of saving and planning...and they do! They expect to be recognized just for participating in a sport.
They have the mentality;
What can I get now?
What can I get without working for it?
What is owed to me for committing my youth-life to basketball?
NIL
And NIL no longer means "nothing"!

Non-Nil influenced Players, just like pollsters are waiting for TN to become legitimate again
And nationally televised games like TN v TAMU hurt us on the players NOT concerned with NIL
Hurts us a LOT

The LVBHC played a big role in getting Rickea to Tennessee. The money hasn't been there to support more than a couple of players like her.

That’s great and you keep saying that…we weren’t getting them before NIL. I’m sure you have some believing that though. We managed a Top 7 portal class and secured Rickea…but NIL is the problem.

I call this 'deflection' on your part.

Hmmm, not sure how you parleyed that into Kellie but here we are. Somehow you took Pat’s passing as a chance to let Kellie somehow be the focus. You’re better than that…not every post is about this staff.

Believe the kids call this moving the goal post.

The LVBHC played a big role in getting her to Tennessee. The money hasn't been there to support more than a couple of players like her.
So NIL isn’t the issue, since we secured our best player twice and a deemed quality portal class.

...because it doesn't fit your agenda.
I’m sorry, what’s my agenda? Pretty generic term that you toss around with no explanation. I’ve stated CKH is in over her head, not sure that’s part of the agenda you tried to weave into this topic.

I call this 'deflection' on your part.
I call this zigging and zagging on your part. The question was Holly taking over for Pat. But you somehow tried to make the focus on Kellie to sidebar….which you might deem “deflection” as Kellie had no relevance to that post.

Your agenda is now beyond obvious.

What are your qualifications to judge the quality of our coaching staff, other than your constant posting on this boards?

I’m sorry, what’s my agenda? Pretty generic term that you toss around with no explanation. I’ve stated CKH is in over her head, not sure that’s part of the agenda you tried to weave into this topic.

Reactions: Lucy
Your agenda is now beyond obvious.

What are your qualifications to judge the quality of our coaching staff, other than your constant posting on this boards?
What are yours?

The resume of 20 years is available for all to judge and form personal opinions. My television shows live assessments too.

More deflection...

I believe in supporting our coaches and leave the employment decisions to our AD. Your approach is harmful to our reputation and recruiting.

Never been a coach, just ran three successful businesses. I put my faith in our leaders at Tennessee. I know several and we're lucky to have such quality individuals in those positions.

If you think that watching games on television gives you the proper perspective, you're more delusional than I first thought.

What are yours?

The resume of 20 years is available for all to judge and form personal opinions. My television shows live assessments too.

More deflection...

I believe in supporting our coaches and leave the employment decisions to our AD. Your approach is harmful to our reputation and recruiting.

Never been a coach, just ran three successful businesses. I put my faith in our leaders at Tennessee. I know several and we're lucky to have such quality individuals in those positions.

If you think that watching games on television gives you the proper perspective, you're more delusional than I first thought.
That’s great, so a fan. I support the girls. You believe someone has to fly to away games and be a season ticket holder to have a favorable/non-favorable opinion of Kellie? TV gives proper perspective/same results that you get live.

Is this the part of the conversation where I flex my time with Joan (when she was AD) as a business leader in the community as well? If we are trying to flex business acumen as a criteria for judging.

Last edited:
This is sad. The predictable results of 2 straight coaching hire malpractice. Not a soul could muster a whimper of objection when the first "feel good" hire was made. Most didn't when the 2nd "feel good" was made. Now Mr. White is gonna have to prove himself and actually hire "best on the market". Unfortunately our Blue Chip stock is not what it once was. We've lost a lot of ground and we're teetering on the brink of being just one of the pack trying to do the same.

Read that, it is interesting. He never should have called out LPL specifically, that is very low class. And turns out she's a terrible example of the transactional, self interested player he's talking about. Played at Seton Hall 4 solid yrs and just grad transferred. Not a thing wrong with that. Geno deserves the hell he's catching for this one.

I do agree it's a crazy, unsustainable clusterf@ck out there right now and unlimited transfer will tip it all the way over. But that wouldn't have happened if the grown ups hadn't resisted so long letting athletes profit off their own names and images and didn't have to be dragged kicking and screaming. Also if they'd bothered to make any rules, instead of stomping away in a childish snit.

The other huge hypocracy is that coaches certainly have never had a problem being transactional nor easily punting those sacred relationships for more money.
Thanks for the reminder that the old hypocrite has never changed.

ESPN had an article on the quarterback, last player selected who has now become an NFL star. the quote from the article referencing a sports psychologist is so relevant to this thread.

Daniel Wann, a sports psychologist at Murray State University, has studied the psychology of sport fandom for 40 years and is unsurprised by the doubts that fans express about players such as Warner and Purdy.

In Purdy's case, Wann says it's easy for his doubters to use the ammunition available to them -- his size (6-foot-1, 220 pounds), low draft position, talented teammates and coaches -- to form an initial, negative opinion.

Which is why, despite what Purdy has accomplished over his 28 NFL starts, it's more important for his skeptics to hold onto their initial opinion than to evolve as more information becomes available. In Wann's world, it's confirmation bias in its purest form.

"If nothing else, social media has given people the opportunity to present their opinion over and over and over again, and they're going to want to show that they were right," Wann said.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

I feel the same way about Geno's comments as when Nick Saban whined about NIL-- the subtext is that "our recruiting advantages have been eroded and ITS NOT FAIR!!.!!! We want the old exploitive world back".

Hoping that Tara can stay in front of him in the all-time wins category..

This is sad. The predictable results of 2 straight coaching hire malpractice. Not a soul could muster a whimper of objection when the first "feel good" hire was made. Most didn't when the 2nd "feel good" was made. Now Mr. White is gonna have to prove himself and actually hire "best on the market". Unfortunately our Blue Chip stock is not what it once was. We've lost a lot of ground and we're teetering on the brink of being just one of the pack trying to do the same.
This will ruffle some feathers, but we shouldn’t have allowed Pat to hand pick her successor. Nick Saban is the greatest college football coach of all time, just like at the time Pat was the GOAT of her sport. But Alabama still conducted a coaching search to replace him. When you vacate the job you should have no further influence over it. No matter who you are.

VN Store

Back