Is signing a PG a must?

IMO we need (and probably won't get at this point) an alternative at PG, not just a back up. Given the kind of improvement required by JH in the area most crucial to the position, ball handling, Its neither advisable nor fair to her to be the only PG. She responded pretty well last season to not starting, not carrying the load. The pressure of being the only option at PG would impede her, not help her IMO. Plus I would love her to be able to slide to off guard and score up a storm when we need her to. Afraid full time, solo PG duties would hurt that very promising area of her game.

Ideal world, where we very clearly no longer live, JH makes the big frosh to soph improvement AND we get another immediately eligible, experienced PG. That way we could throw different looks at teams when match ups dictate.

Also, we really, really need a consistent outside shooter, either through current player improvement or magical roster addition.

Last edited:
How do you find an immediate point guard that is willing to be a backup? Probably not going to happen.

How do you find an immediate point guard that is willing to be a backup? Probably not going to happen.
Graduate transfer from a non P5 school. It's a shame that MSST got that grad transfer from ?Bowling Green? Tennessee needed her much more, and she would have been ideal backing Jordan at the PG. She would be playing more minutes than she will at MSST as a 3rd string PG or SG.

Reactions: xtpsrh08123
Then what is she looking for because the results say she still needs alot going forward . Im a KJH fan , but to see Banghart out recruit her in year one makes me wonder .

temp2.png
versus
temp2.png
With Wiggins and Miles as still very likely probables,,,I'll take what we have any day.
Even without those two, give me what we got!

See Mo run

Last edited:
Then what is she looking for because the results say she still needs alot going forward . Im a KJH fan , but to see Banghart out recruit her in year one makes me wonder .

She's looking for a grad transfer who can start right away to serve as a one year stopgap between Massengill and whatever point guards she can bring in with the 21 class...

Reactions: 1reVOLver and PG1
Pssst. She isn't looking for a backup...
Agree. We heard KJH discuss pg position in her recent Sports Talk interview. She said it was an area of obvious concern for the upcoming season and named options such as bringing someone in, going with current (JH) or pg by committee. Sounded like she has an open mind and there will be healthy competition for the spot. Leaves the door open for a transfer to earn her playing time.

It is what it is?
I am behind Coach K 100%
I believe in the same coach who I saw as a 20 year old player in 1996, 97 in Chattanooga

She had a decent season following the CHW fiasco and she will begin to define her career here this year,,,last year was an introduction,,,we won games we had been losing (teams we were supposed to beat) and got beat by teams that were supposed to beat us.

This year I want to see us beat the teams we're supposed to beat and win a few of the games we're supposed to lose.

It is what it is?
I am behind Coach K 100%
I believe in the same coach who I saw as a 20 year old player in 1996, 97 in Chattanooga

She had a decent season following the CHW fiasco and she will begin to define her career here this year,,,last year was an introduction,,,we won games we had been losing (teams we were supposed to beat) and got beat by teams that were supposed to beat us.

This year I want to see us beat the teams we're supposed to beat and win a few of the games we're supposed to lose.
I'm behind Kellie also.
That doesn't mean I can't admit that another team has recruited better, for one year, than we have.
To deny the obvious only loses credibility.

Reactions: Darth_Vol
I will take a credibility loss from you to support my coach
I'm not surprised that you missed the point.
You support CKJH, I support CKJH. Have other teams recruited better than we have this year and last ? I say they have.
That doesn't mean I don't support Kellie. And it doesn't mean that she won't have better recruits in future classes or even this class.
You, on the other hand, have confused acknowledging the obvious with somehow being disloyal to coach Kellie.
The truth will set you free.

I'm not surprised that you missed the point.
You support CKJH, I support CKJH. Have other teams recruited better than we have this year and last ? I say they have.
That doesn't mean I don't support Kellie. And it doesn't mean that she won't have better recruits in future classes or even this class.
You, on the other hand, have confused acknowledging the obvious with somehow being disloyal to coach Kellie.
The truth will set you free.

So do you think Bangharts 2 player class this far is better than the 3 player one TN has (so far)?

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
he's too busy "pointing"

I’m just trying to get an understanding not disagreeing or agreeing ... I’m just asking 😃 I could see arguments for both coaches the one thing is that Kellie seemingly improved her recruiting from one year to another.

So do you think Bangharts 2 player class this far is better than the 3 player one TN has (so far)?
You didn’t ask me, but I would say it’s better. Far better. No.

Using the combined rankings, UNC has 18 and 38. Tennessee has 36,41 and 52.

Key is the difference maker even if Tennessee gets 45 Wiggins and Miles (46 ESPN).

Reactions: mcannon1
You didn’t ask me, but I would say it’s better. Far better. No.

Using the combined rankings, UNC has 18 and 38. Tennessee has 36,41 and 52.

Keyis the difference maker even if Tennessee gets 45 Wiggins and Miles (46 ESPN).

Gotcha so you’re looking at the numbers... 👍🏽

Reactions: Bret178

VN Store

Back