Is signing a PG a must?

We still have numerous players on the board and probably only two possibly three scholarships to give this year. Wiggins, McPherson, Key, Miles, Shavers, Hall, Johnson who will it be?

We still have numerous players on the board and probably only two possibly three scholarships to give this year. Wiggins, McPherson, Key, Miles, Shavers, Hall, Johnson who will it be?

Hall,McPherson,Miles,Wiggins,Shavers,Key,Bartlett,Hollingshead
Johnson?

I'm going to guess it will be Key and McPherson. Possibly add Wiggins if they go for 3 more commitments but I expect two more commitments not three. I would like to emphasize that the three commitments to date will be stars when all is said and done so while I hope Teonni will commit, it won't be hari-kari time if she goes elsewhere. I do think she comes though.

Hall,McPherson,Miles,Wiggins,Shavers,Key,Bartlett,Hollingshead
Johnson?
Raven Johnson still listed on our board even though she could be one of those silent SC commits. I had heard she was leaning Louisville but as far as we know she is still not committed anywhere. Hollingshead may be one of those SC silents as well.

Raven Johnson still listed on our board even though she could be one of those silent SC commits. I had heard she was leaning Louisville but as far as we know she is still not committed anywhere. Hollingshead may be one of those SC silents as well.

Hollingshead is a longshot we should work our butts off to get...She us a future Rennia type level of player

Agree completely.....

The downfall of this program has been a lack of basketball scorers....We have had lots of athletes, but too many times they weren't basketball players too....Big difference between someone that can stop and pop from 15 feet, and a player that will just charge into a set defense for another turnover....We've had lots of them...

The game has changed, thanks to offensive minded teams, like our friends to the north...We often had better athletes, but not to often, better scorers...

Looking forward to watching Darby pop from behind the line, and the little Aussie firing when she is open, instead of passing the ball so much...
efc81c7f-b27a-4569-ae8c-0f6b24a70a87-hpt_Greenfield_at_Dresden_15.JPG
Thank you. I think Jazz is a good athlete, but not a great basketball player.

Reactions: GameTime
There is still Key, Miles, Shavers, Wiggins. Haven't heard anything from Johnson or Hollingshead yet one almost certainly is SC. That looks like about it for 2021 and any two of these players along with who we have already committed will be an excellent class.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
I personally think this is a top 10 team just the way it is now and it will only get better. We have a PG already on the team but can attack in different ways when Jordan needs a breather (if there is no PG backup). We're going to be big and strong inside. We have some shooters too. I think we can exploit teams with the talent we have. I would like to see them run and press more this year.

I personally think this is a top 10 team just the way it is now and it will only get better. We have a PG already on the team but can attack in different ways when Jordan needs a breather (if there is no PG backup). We're going to be big and strong inside. We have some shooters too. I think we can exploit teams with the talent we have. I would like to see them run and press more this year.
Salary can easily fill the backup role at point guard next season. She has every skill you need to be an effective point guard and didn't know she was such an excellent perimeter shooter. I thought her entire game was getting to the basket, but she can drill the three and looks great doing it.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2

VN Store

Back