Is Pruitt a top 10 coach and recruiter?

Yes he, they, are. Look at NFL salaries for Pruitt and Chaney recruited and developed players.

Ramsey 23 million over 4 years
Gurley 57 million over 4 years
Brees 50 million over 2 years

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Probably not. He may grow into an elite coach but most 1st time coaches don’t win big at schools like UT. A huge thing about elite head coaches is their staff. Top coaches take their staff with them when they change schools for a reason. Pruitt needed to be a G5 HC first to build up a staff. We’ve already seen this issue rear it’s ugly head. His 1st OC had never been the sole OC at a school and didn’t even make it a year. He was forced to over pay for his replacement. He tried to be a DC and HC but realized that didn’t work. His response was to hire a 1st year DC in year 2. These staff stumbles can be covered up at the G5 level with a few star players (Dobbs and Hurd hid Butch’s flaws to a degree).

I see Kirby as the exception. This is mainly due to Saban grooming him to be Bama’s HC for years. When Kirby left Bama he took a lot of Bama’s assistant coaches with him.

Reactions: J/Psi Meson
If we win out to hit 7-5, I think he will absolutely be a top 10 coach as early as next year. I’ll expect to be right in the thick of winning the East next year if we win out. Young talent all over the field and more coming in, we’re in damn good hands with Pruitt.

Uhhh no. Not even close. I doubt you rank pruitt in the top 25. There is always a possibility he could be but as of today, silly to even suggest it.

Reactions: 08Vol
Is he top 10 with a 9-12 HC record? Is this question even for real?

Can he be?.... maybe.... I dunno. He has a steep hill to climb but I guess it’s possible.

I don’t really follow recruiting but it seems to be going pretty good considering our record.

th

VN Store

Back