Is Pruitt a top 10 coach and recruiter?

You conveniently ignore the recognition Pruitt is receiving now outside of Volnation and you are also ignored my question if you a true Vol fan. You do not seem to be very happy with the turnaround this team has accomplished. The players and coaching deserve all the credit for what they have done. Right ? Come on , say Yes and you will feel better in all things in general.

Where did I ignore or denigrate the recognition that Pruitt has received? I just don't believe that anything about this season indicates that he's a "top 10" coach at the moment.

So far this season we've lost two games that we should have won, and won games that we should win. How is that indicitave of a “top 10“ coaching performance?

In all actuality, it seems that it's you that can't seem to appreciate Pruitt's coaching this season with any sort of perspective, and trying to paint it as a "top 10" coaching performance actually degrades what he has actually accomplished so far this season.

Where did I ignore or denigrate the recognition that Pruitt has received? I just don't believe that anything about this season indicates that he's a "top 10" coach at the moment.

So far this season we've lost two games that we should have won, and won games that we should win. How is that indicitave of a “top 10“ coaching performance?

In all actuality, it seems that it's you that can't seem to appreciate Pruitt's coaching this season with any sort of perspective, and trying to paint it as a "top 10" coaching performance actually degrades what he has actually accomplished so far this season.
Actually in hindsight we were not a good enough team at that time to win the first two games so you are wrong there. Pruitt is receiving recognition and will receive votes for
Coach of the year which would just about guarantee he is top 10 in coaching this year so again your opinion is wrong again.

Actually in hindsight we were not a good enough team at that time to win the first two games so you are wrong there. Pruitt is receiving recognition and will receive votes for
Coach of the year which would just about guarantee he is top 10 in coaching this year so again your opinion is wrong again.

I think you are traveling down the road of revisionist history, and bar-lowering for Pruitt because you were so sour on him at the beginning of the season:

It does not take a coaches mind to state the obvious. It is obvious now without a doubt that a program rebuild with Pruitt will never happen. As soon as we part ways with Pruitt , we can then hopefully start a true program rebuild.
Compared to the history of the program and expectations with the Pruitt hire, we are the most disappointing program in the country.
10 loss seasons will start this year and continue as long as Pruitt is the coach. 14 games in and regressing, cut your losses now.

Pruitt deserved your ire, so don't beat yourself up about it. In my opinion, he's done a good job of salvaging what looked like a lost season, but I'm not going to pretend that a considerable amount of circumstance didn't aid in that turn-around, and it still doesn't propel him into the "top 10" of college coaches.

Reactions: Woke
I think you are traveling down the road of revisionist history, and bar-lowering for Pruitt because you were so sour on him at the beginning of the season:

Pruitt deserved your ire, so don't beat yourself up about it. In my opinion, he's done a good job of salvaging what looked like a lost season, but I'm not going to pretend that a considerable amount of circumstance didn't aid in that turn-around, and it still doesn't propel him into the "top 10" of college coaches.
Many had doubts about Pruitt but he has proved everyone wrong. He has done a top ten coaching job this year. Name 10 coaches who have done a better job. Case closed.

Many had doubts about Pruitt but he has proved everyone wrong. He has done a top ten coaching job this year. Name 10 coaches who have done a better job. Case closed.

Based on what criteria? Off the top of my head, coaches who have punched above their weight more than Pruitt this season:

Matt Rhule
Scott Saterfield
PJ Fleck
Paul Chryst
Dave Clawson
Eliah Drinkwitz
Sonny Dykes
Mike Norvell

Then throw in how many other coaches with who have kept their teams in the top 25 or knocking on the door for the CFP, and you think that the 2019 body of work warrants a "top 10" coach moniker? Honestly, given Pruitt's comments this season, I think he'd be the first to disagree with you.

Reactions: OG.V83
Based on what criteria? Off the top of my head, coaches who have punched above their weight more than Pruitt this season:

Matt Rhule
Scott Saterfield
PJ Fleck
Paul Chryst
Dave Clawson
Eliah Drinkwitz
Sonny Dykes
Mike Norvell

Then throw in how many other coaches with who have kept their teams in the top 25 or knocking on the door for the CFP, and you think that the 2019 body of work warrants a "top 10" coach moniker? Honestly, given Pruitt's comments this season, I think he'd be the first to disagree with you.
Pruitt is not going to pat himself in the back. Pruitt will receive consideration for one of the better coaching efforts because of the finish last year and the turnaround this year after the 0-2 start. I will be proven right.

Reactions: OG.V83

Matt Rhule
Scott Saterfield
PJ Fleck
Paul Chryst
Dave Clawson
Eliah Drinkwitz
Sonny Dykes
Mike Norvell

Drinkwitz has done an outstanding job. And you're right about pruitt probably disagreeing cuz like Abingdon Vol Fan said, he ain't the type to pat himself on the back. The media has taken notice though. The COY conversation started Saturday night post game on the SEC network and it's a good discussion

Hasn’t proved everyone wrong. Myself, and I’m sure others have said he’s the real deal through the beginning. Your exactly right, give him 2 more years and we’ll really have something to be excited about.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN

VN Store

Back