Is Pruitt a top 10 coach and recruiter?

VolTexas

Yes he, they, are. Look at NFL salaries for Pruitt and Chaney recruited and developed players.

Ramsey 23 million over 4 years
Gurley 57 million over 4 years
Brees 50 million over 2 years

08Vol

Probably not. He may grow into an elite coach but most 1st time coaches don’t win big at schools like UT. A huge thing about elite head coaches is their staff. Top coaches take their staff with them when they change schools for a reason. Pruitt needed to be a G5 HC first to build up a staff. We’ve already seen this issue rear it’s ugly head. His 1st OC had never been the sole OC at a school and didn’t even make it a year. He was forced to over pay for his replacement. He tried to be a DC and HC but realized that didn’t work. His response was to hire a 1st year DC in year 2. These staff stumbles can be covered up at the G5 level with a few star players (Dobbs and Hurd hid Butch’s flaws to a degree).

I see Kirby as the exception. This is mainly due to Saban grooming him to be Bama’s HC for years. When Kirby left Bama he took a lot of Bama’s assistant coaches with him.

Shaun1985

Uhhh no. Not even close. I doubt you rank pruitt in the top 25. There is always a possibility he could be but as of today, silly to even suggest it.

burntorangeVOLffle

Is he top 10 with a 9-12 HC record? Is this question even for real?

Can he be?.... maybe.... I dunno. He has a steep hill to climb but I guess it’s possible.

I don’t really follow recruiting but it seems to be going pretty good considering our record.

VN Store

Sponsors