I'm no basketball expert but we looked like crap last night.

Keep counting higher.

I wanted to say a higher number but I am unsure of the specifics and I figure the first couple of years getting to the dance was experience enough.

I will say that I believe the Zags can improve a lot between now and March, which could prove BPV and myself wrong.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I wanted to say a higher number but I am unsure of the specifics and I figure the first couple of years getting to the dance was experience enough.

I will say that I believe the Zags can improve a lot between now and March, which could prove BPV and myself wrong.
and I'm OK with that. Dickens calling my comment ridiculous then stating that I'm the pompous ass just rubbed me wrong.

I gave what was clearly an opinion and he acted as if I was calling it a fact. I supported my opinion by offering a wager and he called me a tightwad. Simple VN argument.

I think it's 9 straight years. I was surprised to read somewhere that there are only 10 teams that have been the tournament each of the last nine years - and Gonzaga was one of them.

then we'll disagree. I don't see them competing with the best programs come march.

This team of our looks young and inexperienced at this point. Forcing shots when there is no need. Do you think these guys will settle down and play into their strengths as the year goes along. Where do you see this team at the end of conference play?

This team of our looks young and inexperienced at this point. Forcing shots when there is no need. Do you think these guys will settle down and play into their strengths as the year goes along. Where do you see this team at the end of conference play?
I think we'll see them get better on O, but I don't think that really matters tremendously. Our fortunes are going to be decided at the other end of the floor.

I think our PG situation is good enough to win us the conference if we'll play D. I don't think we can compete with the top tier teams in the country, but after those three or four, we pose a serious danger to the rest.

I think we'll see them get better on O, but I don't think that really matters tremendously. Our fortunes are going to be decided at the other end of the floor.

I think our PG situation is good enough to win us the conference if we'll play D. I don't think we can compete with the top tier teams in the country, but after those three or four, we pose a serious danger to the rest.

Are you saying you see only three or four teams in the country that we can't compete with?

I would say more than that at this point. Maybe as this team gels we could compete with the top 8, not at this point IMHO.

Are you saying you see only three or four teams in the country that we can't compete with?

I would say more than that at this point. Maybe as this team gels we could compete with the top 8, not at this point IMHO.
I don't think there are more than 3 or 4 who clearly outclass us.

I don't think there are more than 3 or 4 who clearly outclass us.

UNC, UCONN, Pitt and who?

I think Gonzaga wins against UT on any neutral floor. Duke has enough discipline for this homer to say they would beat UT. After them, I think you could rank the rest of the top 25 anywhere you want and not get too many realistic complaints.

All that said, I think Gonzaga struggles against teams like Notre Dame or Texas. I think James and Johnson would have a field day against the Zags.

Last edited:
I think Louisville will outclass almost everyone as well.

I don't think Gonzaga outclasses us on any neutral floor. It took a very poor game from us for their limited athleticism not to become a factor.

Not only was it a sub-par performance against Gonzaga, but we were a few missed putbacks away from coming out on top.

Louisville isn't among the cream of the NCAA crop. They looked very underwhelming.

Not only was it a sub-par performance against Gonzaga, but we were a few missed putbacks away from coming out on top.

Louisville isn't among the cream of the NCAA crop. They looked very underwhelming.
I'll take Louisville over all but UNC and UConn.

Fair enough...I'd take about 7 or 8 over Louisville prety consistently. I think that we have the athleticism to match up. The defense is another story. Everyone's got an achilies heel and that seems to be ours at the moment.

With consistency? What's the overall record in the series?

I'm not saying louisville is mediocre...I'd call em top 10. This isn't football. Most seasons, there isn't a great deal of difference between a 3 or 4 and a 10.

I didn't read this entire thread but I have been to every home game so far and the last one againt UNC Ash we did look very poor. What happened to the short to mid range jump shot and the pick and rolls? It looks like all we do/did is shoot three pointers or try to take it to the hole for a dunk or a lay up. We have missed several under the basket goals and very short jump shots. I hope Pearl is just trying something different against and has something up his sleave but if not we need to get back to fundamental basketball. Watching the UNC Ash game then watching the UNC Tarheels game on tv, TN has a long way to go to match their play.

Call me crazy, but if we manage to get to the Sweet 16, I'd rather play Louisville than Duke, based on what I've seen this year. Better matchup for us. We can actually go athlete vs. athlete with Louisville this year; Duke would absolutely give us fits.

Call me crazy, but if we manage to get to the Sweet 16, I'd rather play Louisville than Duke, based on what I've seen this year. Better matchup for us. We can actually go athlete vs. athlete with Louisville this year; Duke would absolutely give us fits.
not a prayer. I'd rather play Duke all day long.

We match up better with Duke perhaps, but I don't want to be at the mercy of the whistle against Coach K and that program

We match up better with Duke perhaps, but I don't want to be at the mercy of the whistle against Coach K and that program

The whistles are rough against Pitino too. 'ville can match us in athleticism. Duke can't.

VN Store

Back