If the fans showing displeasure at refs in Neyland hurts you

He was short of the line which was very clear on the reply. If you are short, it doesn’t matter if it was an inch or a mile. It kinda like you wife is pregnant or she isn’t pregnant.

Being that it was fourth down, you can rightly say that the exact spot did not matter if he were an inch short. But it obviously does to fans after that spot was short after other spots were short all night. Why spot it a yard short if it were only a few inches short? It definitely incited mistrust and put an exclamation point on how bad up the refs were throughout the game.

Then feel free to put your vol swag on Ebay and show yourself out. That officiating crew needed to shaken up a bit and a little fear instilled in them. If that’s too much for your gentle heart then kindly piss off. Sometimes being an ******* is worth it and last night was one of those times.

did it change anything? I didn't think so. Fear instilled? They don't even know you man. Cheer for your team and stop being an ass.

Reactions: VOLINVONORE
The receiver was short of the first down marker. There is no question about it.
Now if the 'fans' wanted to show their displeasure they picked the wrong time to do it. The appropriate time, if there is an appropriate time was the strip of the QB and reversal.
The "fans" throwing crap all over the field were mad at that point because they realized the game was most likely lost. Those fans acted in a childlike manner, something Kiffy would have done.

It was ugly and only gave Kiffin good press and the Tennessee program bad press.
This is the truth, even if people don't like it. 100%.

if you support childlike undisciplined actions you need to sell yours. There are many games with bad calls no need to act like entitled brats. No room for this kind of behavior. you and these fair weather fans need to show yourselves out.

Reactions: VOLveeta
He got the first down. Just barely but it should have kept the chains moving.

Like I said before, if that was another player in a Bama or Georgia uniform, referees wouldn’t have hesitated to call that a first down.

Sankey is the reason why the rest of the SEC is screwed.

I think it was a bad spot from an additional 20 yards away. However I don’t think he would’ve got the first down with a good review. You definitely could not tell from the camera angles we had.

I do agree with you. If we were Alabama, Georgia or even Lane Kiffin the result would’ve been different. Heupel will need to develop the skill of working the officials. Lane had been eating out of his hand all night. It was ridiculous.

if you support childlike undisciplined actions you need to sell yours. There are many games with bad calls no need to act like entitled brats. No room for this kind of behavior. you and these fair weather fans need to show yourselves out.

Child like? The fans expressed their displeasure with a really ****** ref crew. No more, no less. If that’s not for you then go join the dozens of Vandy fans that would support your stance. Fan is an abbreviated form of fanatic. No one was hurt, the game continued and hopefully the SEC takes a good look at breaking this crew up. They can do it privately if they wish as long as it gets done. There is no place for game fixing by refs.

Showing displeasure...by hitting our own cheerleaders, fans, band members, etc, with trash...
did you see any of them hit? Or were they moved a precaution. Nobody was hurt, the whole thing was a civil protest of ****** SEC refs.

I know that the adult thing to do in some of y’all’s minds is to just grab your ankles and thank the SEC for allowing us, as fans to be railed all game but damn. Go get that ounce of pride you keep for emergencies and pull it out. This will get the SECs attention(hopefully) when the outrage of previous and just as aggressively atrocious games didn’t. The squeaky wheel gets the oil and the ****** SEC refs need that oil.

Ole Miss Fans Throw Trash on the Court in Disgust After Heartbreaking Loss

Wounded why this wasn’t made a big deal when UT beat Ole Miss? Also I have seen worse than this with NFL and MLB games. I have witnessed alot worse from Braves fans and Yankee’s fan. Also what about all the fights that are happening across pro and college fans in the stands. Memphis had a brawl in the stands between fans and the Kansas City Chiefs have had multiple fights in the stands this year. Also Patrick Mahomes little brother has been recorded throwing water bottles and water in fans during games also. I’m not sitting here condoning what went on but let’s not act like this don’t happen at other schools.

Don’t care what happened at other places. Whataboutism is a lame excuse. I did it graduate at those other schools. I don’t give money to those other schools. I don’t love those other schools or buy their merchandise. I love and care about the university of Tennessee. And what happened HERE, was pathetic and inexcusable.

did you see any of them hit? Or were they moved a precaution. Nobody was hurt, the whole thing was a civil protest of ****** SEC refs.

I know that the adult thing to do in some of y’all’s minds is to just grab your ankles and thank the SEC for allowing us, as fans to be railed all game but damn. Go get that ounce of pride you keep for emergencies and pull it out. This will get the SECs attention(hopefully) when the outrage of previous and just as aggressively atrocious games didn’t. The squeaky wheel gets the oil and the ****** SEC refs need that oil.

Throwing objects from the stands isn’t a civil protest.

Reckless endangerment.

We will be lucky if no one was really hurt.

Stop with your civil protest of the refs. Your whataboutism BS is pathetic. This was adults acting like idiots. Nothing more.

The receiver was short of the first down marker. There is no question about it.
Now if the 'fans' wanted to show their displeasure they picked the wrong time to do it. The appropriate time, if there is an appropriate time was the strip of the QB and reversal.
The "fans" throwing crap all over the field were mad at that point because they realized the game was most likely lost. Those fans acted in a childlike manner, something Kiffy would have done.

It was ugly and only gave Kiffin good press and the Tennessee program bad press.

So you say, show me the photo. That crew had bad spots and quick chains all night. There’s just too much. The TD called back, bad spots, and blatant holding multiple times right in front of the so called refs without a flag. If it were just one of those things you might have a point, but the undeniable biased the refs show week in and week out is just too much. I guess Ole Miss has joined Bama and UGA call status since Corral is a heisman candidate.

Oh wow what a great attitude you have. It’s completely justified for some fans to throw things that could have caused serious injury? Especially when there were children around? Dude GTFOH with your macho bull****.

There was ZERO justification for what happened. The national media will roast us for it and rightly so. The fact that you are excusing it would have general Neyland roiling in his grave. You are a pathetic fan and one this team doesn’t need.
Exactly. I don't care what the Ole Miss players or their jackass coach did or did not do. I don't care how piss poor the refs performed. What happened was flat out wrong and shameful. As you pointed out, no excuse for it. No justification other than being a childish, spoiled idiot. The criticism UT gets for that embarrassing display is justified and a black eye to the vast majority of the fan base. Those who threw things last night are a small, small minority, but the general fan base will be guilty by association. Frankly, it spoiled an otherwise tremendous night for the program. Even in defeat, we would have been seen in a really great light due to the support and fight on displayed. Instead, the media covers the fools who acted like idiots. Just sad.

Don’t care what happened at other places. Whataboutism is a lame excuse. I did it graduate at those other schools. I don’t give money to those other schools. I don’t love those other schools or buy their merchandise. I love and care about the university of Tennessee. And what happened HERE, was pathetic and inexcusable.

100% Agree.

Reactions: Vol Farmer
Child like? The fans expressed their displeasure with a really ****** ref crew. No more, no less. If that’s not for you then go join the dozens of Vandy fans that would support your stance. Fan is an abbreviated form of fanatic. No one was hurt, the game continued and hopefully the SEC takes a good look at breaking this crew up. They can do it privately if they wish as long as it gets done. There is no place for game fixing by refs.
Child-like and classless.

I just simply pointing out the double standard that our Vols are getting is all.

if you think what happened last night will have a positive effect on our games in the future you are delusional. If you're a coach and you work a referee, that's one thing. If your a fan mouthing at an ump, referee, etc, you get tossed. You're not as important as you think you are.

if you think what happened last night will have a positive effect on our games in the future you are dillustional. If you're a coach and you work a referee, that's one thing. If your a fan mouthing at an ump, referee, etc, you get tossed. You're not as important as you think you are.
I've been to a ton of games in many sports on my lifetime. Watched even more on TV. Never seen a fan tossed for mouthing at an official. Seen a ton of coaches ejected for doing it

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
He wasn't a yard short but he had the ball in his left hand, down at his waist and I think he was more like a foot short....... but still short..

Terrible officiating is a common thing in the SEC and folks should expect it. We did (or didn't do) plenty to lose this game, regardless of the refs.. That said, I'm proud of how they fought back and were in it till the last play of the game..

Listen to Stephen; Neyland is his island.

VN Store

Back