If the fans showing displeasure at refs in Neyland hurts you

The receiver was short of the first down marker. There is no question about it.
Now if the 'fans' wanted to show their displeasure they picked the wrong time to do it. The appropriate time, if there is an appropriate time was the strip of the QB and reversal.
The "fans" throwing crap all over the field were mad at that point because they realized the game was most likely lost. Those fans acted in a childlike manner, something Kiffy would have done.

It was ugly and only gave Kiffin good press and the Tennessee program bad press.
You are 100% right. It makes Tennessee fans look so bad. And Kiffin comming out looking like a good guy. Tennessee fans need to stop all the crap about Kiffin and get behind our head coach now.

Whether or not you think the 4th down play was short, you had the benefit of multiple camera angles on the telecast replay to form an opinion.

When watching live, fans only have the angle which is broadcasted. They had sat through multiple fake injuries AND were hosed of a TD in the 1st quarter. The football gods were definitely not on our side. Fans eventually lost their cool. I domt Blane them

The ruling on 4th down was ruled correctly, short of the first down, and verified by the booth review which showed two camera angles when combined show Warren was short of the first.

Not sure how you can say the 4th down ruling was horrible officiated….. I’m willing to give you benefit of doubt you are looking at that play objectively without any bias from anything else that happened in the game. I don’t get vibe from you that one blown call means every call is blown and was anti Tennessee
What parts of the game I saw. There was multiple calls made that were biased in my opinion.
I personally don’t agree with throwing things on the field, To many innocent people can get hurt.
But voicing my disappointment is another.
All it takes is one blatant biased call to change the out come of any game.
One good thing is the team didn’t quit trying.
I hope that the university request that the officiating crew not ever officiate another Tennessee game.
It is the right of the university to request that it happen.
Not every call was blown but several were.
The angle of the replays I couldn’t make a judgment call on the 4th down play.
You also must remember that I could only glance at the game due to my obligations to safety.

Now if the 'fans' wanted to show their displeasure they picked the wrong time to do it. The appropriate time, if there is an appropriate time was the strip of the QB and reversal.
The "fans" throwing crap all over the field were mad at that point because they realized the game was most likely lost. Those fans acted in a childlike manner, something Kiffy would have done.

It was ugly and only gave Kiffin good press and the Tennessee program bad press.
The spot isn’t the issue. The issues’s was the “injuries” along with other blown calls. The refs can blame themselves for what happened last night as they lost control of the game when they enabled Ole Miss and Kiffin to do the things they done. That spot on 4th down was the breaking point for the the small number of fans that was throwing stuff on the field. And yes it was a small number of fans that was throwing stuff as I know because I seen it with my own eyes from inside Neyland stadium. But let’s also not act Tennessee is the only one that has ever done this. I have witnessed the same things at MLB, NFL, NHL, College Basketball games and NBA games. Only difference is it was UT and they national media makes a big deal about everything UT does no matter what it is.

Then feel free to put your vol swag on Ebay and show yourself out. That officiating crew needed to shaken up a bit and a little fear instilled in them. If that’s too much for your gentle heart then kindly piss off. Sometimes being an ******* is worth it and last night was one of those times.

Oh wow what a great attitude you have. It’s completely justified for some fans to throw things that could have caused serious injury? Especially when there were children around? Dude GTFOH with your macho bull****.

There was ZERO justification for what happened. The national media will roast us for it and rightly so. The fact that you are excusing it would have general Neyland roiling in his grave. You are a pathetic fan and one this team doesn’t need.

The spot isn’t the issue. The issues’s was the “injuries” along with other blown calls. The refs can blame themselves for what happened last night as they lost control of the game when they enabled Ole Miss and Kiffin to do the things they done. That spot on 4th down was the breaking point for the the small number of fans that was throwing stuff on the field. And yes it was a small number of fans that was throwing stuff as I know because I seen it with my own eyes from inside Neyland stadium. But let’s also not act Tennessee is the only one that has ever done this. I have witnessed the same things at MLB, NFL, NHL, College Basketball games and NBA games. Only difference is it was UT and they national media makes a big deal about everything UT does no matter what it is.

The issue is adults shouldnt have reacted the way they did. Using whataboutism doesn’t cut it.

The officiating crew wasn’t “shaken up” they simply walked out of range and quietly laughed at all the morons throwing things. The only damage inflicted was to our team who still had a shot and to our school’s reputation.
Schools reputation? Was you even at the game last night, or seen the comments from Walter Nolan’s father. It appears the Nolan family enjoyed the game from start to finish according to his own comments. Also I have seen the Atlanta Braves fans throw **** on the field a couple times and it hasnt hurt there rep. Don’t act like we are the only school that had done this or fans have been a “little rowdey”. You can find almost every week where fans are fighting in the middle of stands, throwing stuff on the fields across all leagues including the Pros.

Reactions: GoBears
Oh wow what a great attitude you have. It’s completely justified for some fans to throw things that could have caused serious injury? Especially when there were children around? Dude GTFOH with your macho bull****.

There was ZERO justification for what happened. The national media will roast us for it and rightly so. The fact that you are excusing it would have general Neyland roiling in his grave. You are a pathetic fan and one this team doesn’t need.

Let’s go Brandon

Reactions: Vol Main
Not the first time we have been screwed by the Refs. Last night this was questioned by the Announcers and Gaffney's catch was questioned. The Ref that called this a catch was a Vanderbilt judge.

Tennessee football: Vols 10 worst plays this century

Another call I can remember was against Arkansas which was called a safety but should have placed where the punter kicked the ball into the end zone. Our National Championship year almost cost us the NC. The Stubble and Fumble bailed us out.

So yes this has been going on for years.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
So many people who have I've never seen post on this board have come out of the woodwork to piss and moan about fans who threw stuff on the field and it's not helping anything whatsoever. You all are literally adding fuel to the flames that are bashing our entire university.

You people are cancel culture rats totally overreacting.

Warren was on his way down before contact. He didn't exactly fight for that first down.

The issue is adults shouldnt have reacted the way they did. Using whataboutism doesn’t cut it.
It was mostly the student section. From what I was seeing from my seat snd yes I was at the game from start to finish. I also seen with my own eyes the the student section was cleared out and was made to leave. Now I’m sure there was adults that acted a little “rowdey” but a hand full of fans don’t speak for the rest of the 102,455 fans. Also I witnessed the Ole Miss players and Lane Kiffin instigating and antagonizing fans as well. Kiffin is a grown man that still acts like a ffuucckkiing kid. Also if you think that this don’t happen more often than you think across the country and across professional leagues also then you are jsut delusional as the national media. I have seen Braves and Yankee fans throw a lot more on a field than a couple beers and mustard bottle.

Yeah and thanks for being part of the sh*t on UT brigade. Sounding like ESPN. Yeah help us be the only place to ever get severely punished for throwing stuff on the field. Thanks.

I've never seen ppl overreact to stuff being thrown on the field as much as our fans are. Absolutely pathetic. Acting like it's never happened before.

Of course it's bad, duh. But it's an ANOMALY and it's happened at a ton of other places and it's not that big of a freaking deal.

Ole Miss Fans Throw Trash on the Court in Disgust After Heartbreaking Loss

Wounded why this wasn’t made a big deal when UT beat Ole Miss? Also I have seen worse than this with NFL and MLB games. I have witnessed alot worse from Braves fans and Yankee’s fan. Also what about all the fights that are happening across pro and college fans in the stands. Memphis had a brawl in the stands between fans and the Kansas City Chiefs have had multiple fights in the stands this year. Also Patrick Mahomes little brother has been recorded throwing water bottles and water in fans during games also. I’m not sitting here condoning what went on but let’s not act like this don’t happen at other schools.

Schools reputation? Was you even at the game last night, or seen the comments from Walter Nolan’s father. It appears the Nolan family enjoyed the game from start to finish according to his own comments. Also I have seen the Atlanta Braves fans throw **** on the field a couple times and it hasnt hurt there rep. Don’t act like we are the only school that had done this or fans have been a “little rowdey”. You can find almost every week where fans are fighting in the middle of stands, throwing stuff on the fields across all leagues including the Pros.
Glad Nolen family enjoyed the game he would be a great get.

I prefer teams that kick a$$ and fans that shake hands and wish the visitors a safe trip home. Not interested in becoming the Philadelphia of college football.

The ruling on 4th down was ruled correctly, short of the first down, and verified by the booth review which showed two camera angles when combined show Warren was short of the first.

Not sure how you can say the 4th down ruling was horrible officiated….. I’m willing to give you benefit of doubt you are looking at that play objectively without any bias from anything else that happened in the game. I don’t get vibe from you that one blown call means every call is blown and was anti Tennessee
I hope you watched the whole game. It wasn’t just one call. Tennessee gets a holding call yet Mississippi players do the same suddenly no vision on the officiating team.

Glad Nolen family enjoyed the game he would be a great get.

I prefer teams that kick a$$ and fans that shake hands and wish the visitors a safe trip home. Not interested in becoming the Philadelphia of college football.
I understand what your saying completely. But this happens more often than people think but yet it’s UT that gets all the national attention because of it.

If the zebras were spotting us short throughout the game and then spotted the ball short on that play, then fans just saw that as another screw job even if it wasn't a first down. I make no excuses for fans who threw trash onto the field, but after calling forward progress on the Ole Miss QB's turnover, short spotting our ball carriers throughout the game, allowing delays of game, missing holding calls against Ole Miss, etc., etc., the stage was set for an outpouring of frustration. There was no excuse for the fans' misconduct, but there were reasons for it. How many times have we seen SEC officials miss calls and make bad calls that prevented a lower ranked SEC team from upsetting a higher ranked team in the national spotlight?

dude wasn’t a yard short if he was short at all. Kindly **** off.
He was short of the line which was very clear on the reply. If you are short, it doesn’t matter if it was an inch or a mile. It kinda like you wife is pregnant or she isn’t pregnant.

VN Store

Back