I think GA peaked

Their so called great defense played one of the weakest schedule I have ever seen in the SEC.
View attachment 417825
This.

…and I hope Michigan stomps a mudhole in that insufferable fan base’s pie hole.

On Thursday of this week, a bunch of their fans were on the local radio and commented Tennessee had a “precious” football team this year. Last nights game was glorious and its great to see them wine and complain.

At least if they do end up winning it all, the talk of thier “dominance” has been shut up.

Smart is a solid coach. People pretending that he isn't are kidding themselves. He won't be going anywhere anytime soon.
Yeah, its nice to see he’s grown out of having his strength coach hold onto his diaper all game because he has no self control to keep from running out into the field. Baby steps.

My gut feeling is that this was GA's last shot for a long while at winning the NC. Holding together a dynasty is almost impossible. They had a perfect season against an incredibly weak SEC east, and then gets smashed by Bama. My gut says they go to the playoffs and end up having to play Bama again in the semifinals or national championship game. My gut tells me they'll get smashed again. That will destroy the myth of Kirby Smart. You won't take Georgia fans long to start equating Kirby Smart with Mark "close but no cigar" Richt. They are recruiting monsters and not turn it into winning the big game on the field. With us getting better and Florida making a coaching change oh, not to mention other new players in the SEC coaching field, I have a feeling duplicating a season like they just had is going to be significantly harder. Don't confuse this with me saying that they won't remain good. I just think that the weak SEC East that they've been playing in is about to get more competitive.
While I won’t to believe Heupel will be the guy, we’ve made coaching changes for years and Florida has as well. There’s really no let down in Georgia recruiting either. I feel like they have a shot most years especially if someone can eliminate Bama for them.

It ain’t over, but if they lose again, just keep in mind they are still the 2nd best team in the whole country if not the first.

Back when they came within a few plays of a natty some moron started a thread on here about Smart “hitting his ceiling”. Pretty high ceiling.

Tennessee can beat Kentucky some of the time. Florida once a decade.

2nd best is 1st worst

Reactions: scottvols69
Never bet against Saban when a championship is at stake. He gets his players at another level for a CG. No coach is better at that.

Reactions: Woke
I also think gaga losing is good for Vols. If gaga had won, it would have cemented the fact that they were surpassing bama. Kirby has plenty more time to coach, saban will retire within next couple years and what coach wants to follow him up? So the bama dynasty will die in a few years, but if Kirby gets over the hump, with his recruiting, they will become the next dynasty. With this loss and hopefully a Michigan loss, Kirby is richt 2.0. Dynasty averted as recruits see this as well and go elsewhere.

I also think gaga losing is good for Vols. If gaga had won, it would have cemented the fact that they were surpassing bama. Kirby has plenty more time to coach, saban will retire within next couple years and what coach wants to follow him up? So the bama dynasty will die in a few years, but if Kirby gets over the hump, with his recruiting, they will become the next dynasty. With this loss and hopefully a Michigan loss, Kirby is richt 2.0. Dynasty averted as recruits see this as well and go elsewhere.

Disagree. While UGA losing was great, they are still in the playoffs and can still win it all. Even in the era of Saban, Kirby has proven he can hang with him. Not many coaches can say that. If Smart continues at his current pace, UGA will likely be the next dynasty in CF.

Disagree. While UGA losing was great, they are still in the playoffs and can still win it all. Even in the era of Saban, Kirby has proven he can hang with him. Not many coaches can say that. If Smart continues at his current pace, UGA will likely be the next dynasty in CF.
That's what dawg fans believe. The next bama. :rolleyes:

I don't see it for UGA this year. They are not winning squat with Stetson Bennett.

So JH should quit if he loses to one of the best teams in the nation?
Jim Harbaugh has had, what, 7 years to build something worth a damn, and hadn’t produced any proof up till this point that he has a coherent plan. He has literally been paid close to $80 million. He has far more coaching experience, and presumably the same amount of resources to work with. So we are talking about the situation for Harbaugh and not Heupel. But if Jim Harbaugh is not on par with Kirby ****ing Smart st this point, then please tell me what else that goofy MF’er needs.

Kirby will never get over the hump until he realizes it’s not 2009 and you can’t win with an amazing defense and play-not-to-lose offense.

I think Georgia took a dive. The conference gets a lot more money with 2 teams in the hunt. If Georgia had won today, bama would out for sure. Now the plan of an all sec championship game is still intact. Kirby was quoted as saying after the game, “it didn’t hurt anything”. Conference orders from the commissioner I think.
Now this is hilarious 😀

UGA still has a shot to win it all (gross). My fondest football wish at the moment is that Michigan rips them apart by 30 in the semi-final. I loathe Georgia more than any other team - even Alabama (Florida is a close call depending on the week). Rooting for Cincy and Michigan this time.

I’m sure you’re joking. “They intentionally lost for the conference”? C’mon. They wanted that perfect season, no1 seed, and monkey off their back that is Alabama. Plus getting in was only guaranteed with a win.
Exactly. A Georgia win also guaranteed they wouldn't have to play Bama again.

My gut feeling is that this was GA's last shot for a long while at winning the NC. Holding together a dynasty is almost impossible. They had a perfect season against an incredibly weak SEC east, and then gets smashed by Bama. My gut says they go to the playoffs and end up having to play Bama again in the semifinals or national championship game. My gut tells me they'll get smashed again. That will destroy the myth of Kirby Smart. It won't take Georgia fans long to start equating Kirby Smart with Mark "close but no cigar" Richt. They are recruiting monsters and not turn it into winning the big game on the field. With us getting better and Florida making a coaching change oh, not to mention other new players in the SEC coaching field, I have a feeling duplicating a season like they just had is going to be significantly harder. Don't confuse this with me saying that they won't remain good. I just think that the weak SEC East that they've been playing in is about to get more competitive.

Saban says "Hi!".

This ignorant narrative needs to stop. IF we become good enough to be in this position, are you going to say TN was told / asked to roll over? The SEC has the best football teams but the thought of the commissioner asked GA to throw the SEC championship is ludicrous.
Welcome to the good old USA in the 21st century 🤷‍♂️

VN Store

Back