I think GA peaked

They didn't have near as much to play for as Bama. It's not complicated.

I did say, at the beginning of the season... If they don't win the national title, then the coach needs to be fired. Will be interesting to see if their talent overcomes coaching.

But they were still dominant and completely shutdown Clemson. The only game they were not dominant was last night and that is because of Saban and Young. They are likely the 2nd best team in the country. With that being said I still believe they may lose their first playoff game because their egos and confidence may be severely bruised after the beat down last night.

I don't think so.
After watching Mich. the last couple or three games, they look very impressive. Big and pretty fast and playing with a whole lot of confidence. They could take it all. (bad as I hate the thought) Ga. may wind up fourth in the seating. I don't think the powers will want Bama - Ga. game as 2-3. Hopefully the seating will be Bama Mich. Ga. Cincy. But then you could see Mich. seated 1,,,, then who knows.

Last edited:
Smart is no match for Saban during the game, but who does UGA turn to for a hire that is an upgrade?
no one.
UGA is at the top of their mountain with the QB play they have. If they get a real OC and QB and let the OC run the offense, they might get over the BAMA hump in the coming years.

Georgia ain't going anywhere. Now, this was a better Georgia team than previous Georgia teams. But, they're loaded into the future.

And they're better than they were under Richt. There's no question about that.

The step Georgia has to take is they have to get a top tier QB.

But, I can't bury a program who's big sin right now is that they can't beat Alabama and Nick Saban.

He's 56-10 in the last 5 seasons. 56-6 against everyone not named Alabama.

I hate Georgia. It was great to see them lose. But, damn near every program in America would love to be in their shoes right now.
They got two 5 star qbs sitting behind a walk on, so they have two top tier qbs on the roster. Kirby is killing the next step

Weak schedule...but still a very good team. Bama's hardly perfect either having almost lost to Auburn just the week prior.

It's 100% likely we'll have a playoff with four teams with flaws. That's not unusual. LSU won a title with two-losses. Somebody has to win it.

Reactions: Volatility
I don't think so.
After watching Mich. the last couple or three games, they look very impressive. Big and pretty fast and playing with a whole lot of confidence. They could take it all. (bad as I hate the thought) Ga. may wind up fourth in the seating. I don't think the powers will want Bama - Ga. game as 2-3. Hopefully the seating will be Bama Mich. Ga. Cincy. But then you could see Mich. seated 1,,,, then who knows.
I was not impressed with Michigan at all last night even though they beat a dinosaur Iowa team big.

But they were still dominant and completely shutdown Clemson. The only game they were not dominant was last night and that is because of Saban and Young. They are likely the 2nd best team in the country. With that being said I still believe they may lose their first playoff game because their egos and confidence may be severely bruised after the beat down last night.
Yes, but… look at the offenses they shut down. Some of those teams so did we. Some of the worst offense’s we have seen in a while. I’m just saying they padded their stats against less than top offenses. Clemson was a train wreck also when play good teams. They fell out of top 25 at one point. Georgia is a good team no doubt. I just don’t see them being compared to the best ever.

Reactions: igotworms
Georgia is still where they want to be be though in the playoff with a chance to win it all.

Reactions: vol94
View attachment 417828
This cannot be . I was blasted by more than 1 poster on here who questioned my intelligence for suggesting something similar.
Those are the same people that will tell you Dan mullen is elite coach,
That they're not negative just realistic,
And also claim to be Tennessee fans while constantly belittling then and praising the opposing teams as elite, great unstoppable, etc

Yes, but… look at the offenses they shut down. Some of those teams so did we. Some of the worst offense’s we have seen in a while. I’m just saying they padded their stats against less than top offenses. Clemson was a train wreck also when play good teams. They fell out of top 25 at one point. Georgia is a good team no doubt. I just don’t see them being compared to the best ever.
I’m not comparing them to the best. I think they may lose the first playoff game. But I also believe they still may be good enough to win the championship, especially if Daniels starts.

Their so called great defense played one of the weakest schedule I have ever seen in the SEC.
View attachment 417825
We beat the same team with a winning record to, Kentucky. We lost to everyone else with a .500 or better record. Don't worry about Georgia when we have got to learn how to recruit at a much higher level than where we currently are and start winning games that matter.

It ain’t over, but if they lose again, just keep in mind they are still the 2nd best team in the whole country if not the first.

Back when they came within a few plays of a natty some moron started a thread on here about Smart “hitting his ceiling”. Pretty high ceiling.

Tennessee can beat Kentucky some of the time. Florida once a decade.

If they lose again…they definitely aren’t the best team in the country. I mean…like what?

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
Georgia IMO will beat the hell out of anyone that’s not Bama in the playoffs.
Michigan is solid but they don’t have the elite passing game to beat Georgia. Their strength the smashmouth grind it out run game plays right into Georgia’s strength their dline. I do think their defense could give Stetson and the offense some problems but I still expect Georgia will win 24-10 or something. Bama will roll Cincy 42-14 or something similar. Bama will miss Metchie in the rematch against Georgia

Reactions: Mtnvol80
Clemson stunk it up this year so all in all Georgia really didn't have any competition until the red elephants stomped on em .

Georgia won a lot of games playing a weak schedule. When they finally played a good team they got spanked. Georgia has been winning with talent not coaching and that is going to hurt them in the long run.

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
My takeaways are:

1. I don’t care how good Georgia’s season was. The SEC East isn’t even in the same reality as the SEC West. Just my opinion but if Georgia and Alabama flipped schedules; Georgia would have 2-3 losses and Alabama would have been undefeated.

2. Kirby Smart continues to make absolutely boneheaded coaching calls in big games. Great recruiter that looks more and more like a 90’s Phil Fulmer by the day.

3. Bryce Young might be the best to ever do it at Bama.

4. A complete coaching clinic by Saban. He is the greatest to ever do it and it can’t be denied.
I hate Georgie but this just isn't right. They played 2 SEC west teams (Auburn and Arky) and dominated them both. Those same 2 teams gave bama fits. I am not surprised bama beat them but I am surprised how lopsided the game was. All I can figure is that Georgie finished with bad teams and they were caught off guard with the speed bama brought and once they were behind they were a deer in headlights at that point. Reality is that may be what they needed in order to with the CFP. I could see them Winning a rematch with bama if it comes to that.

Reactions: Fightmaker

VN Store

Back