I think GA peaked

My gut feeling is that this was GA's last shot for a long while at winning the NC. Holding together a dynasty is almost impossible. They had a perfect season against an incredibly weak SEC east, and then gets smashed by Bama. My gut says they go to the playoffs and end up having to play Bama again in the semifinals or national championship game. My gut tells me they'll get smashed again. That will destroy the myth of Kirby Smart. It won't take Georgia fans long to start equating Kirby Smart with Mark "close but no cigar" Richt. They are recruiting monsters and not turn it into winning the big game on the field. With us getting better and Florida making a coaching change oh, not to mention other new players in the SEC coaching field, I have a feeling duplicating a season like they just had is going to be significantly harder. Don't confuse this with me saying that they won't remain good. I just think that the weak SEC East that they've been playing in is about to get more competitive.
Spot on!

Some people are just plain naive. For one to think $$$ couldn’t corrupt a sporting event or team. Yea. Right. Ok. 1918 Chicago black sox ring a bell????? It’s been goin on forever. But hey, just stick your head a little further down in the sand. Doesn’t make it any less true. I stand by what I originally posted. And the post that mysteriously got deleted too. Georgia laid down for the benefit of the entire SEC. now the SEC gets twice the money than it would’ve if Georgia had beatin bama. Now then, from what i saw today,(these may not be official) 1. Bama, 2. Michigan, 3. Georgia, 4 Cincinnati. Now if both sec teams handle business, it’s an all SEC championship. How much money is generated by a championship game appearance? Whatever it is, it doubles when bama/Georgia meet again. Haters go on and hate though. Some people need to wake up and understand how the world works.

Some people are just plain naive. For one to think $$$ couldn’t corrupt a sporting event or team. Yea. Right. Ok. 1918 Chicago black sox ring a bell????? It’s been goin on forever. But hey, just stick your head a little further down in the sand. Doesn’t make it any less true. I stand by what I originally posted. And the post that mysteriously got deleted too. Georgia laid down for the benefit of the entire SEC. now the SEC gets twice the money than it would’ve if Georgia had beatin bama. Now then, from what i saw today,(these may not be official) 1. Bama, 2. Michigan, 3. Georgia, 4 Cincinnati. Now if both sec teams handle business, it’s an all SEC championship. How much money is generated by a championship game appearance? Whatever it is, it doubles when bama/Georgia meet again. Haters go on and hate though. Some people need to wake up and understand how the world works.
1638760774574.jpeg

UGA loses to one of the best teams in the nation, that has the unquestioned GOAT as HC, is a consistent top 5 team that wins about 11 games a year but some TN fans think Smart isn’t a good coach.

If it were not for Saban, Smart has a couple of NCs at least by now.
Exactly. 2017 is theirs for sure if not for Saban. Kirby just has the misfortune of having to go through the GOAT for a championship. He can still get over the hump but he needs an elite QB

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
Exactly. 2017 is theirs for sure if not for Saban. Kirby just has the misfortune of having to go through the GOAT for a championship. He can still get over the hump but he needs an elite QB
He has two elite QB’s coming in next year

Georgia ain't going anywhere. Now, this was a better Georgia team than previous Georgia teams. But, they're loaded into the future.

And they're better than they were under Richt. There's no question about that.

The step Georgia has to take is they have to get a top tier QB.

But, I can't bury a program who's big sin right now is that they can't beat Alabama and Nick Saban.

He's 56-10 in the last 5 seasons. 56-6 against everyone not named Alabama.

I hate Georgia. It was great to see them lose. But, damn near every program in America would love to be in their shoes right now.

I don't know about that. I mean, their stinky feet have been in those shoes. I suggest everyone just buy their own shoes, and make them better than theirs. Preferably ones that help you beat Bama.

He has two elite QB’s coming in next year

JT Daniels was a consensus 5* and the #16 overall player in the 2018 class.

UGA's also got a 4* from the 2020 class and a 5* QB from the 2021 class.

UGA's problem is Smart and his unwillingness to open up the offense... if not his entire offensive philosophy and scheme. He's very similar to Pruitt, but a much better recruiter. They both see the Offense as a tool to setup the Defense. Ball control and possession. That doesn't beat Bama and hasn't at any point in the last 15 years. Who has beaten Bama? Teams that can throw for 4-500 yards on them and score with them.

I can only think of one game that Bama lost where the other team didn't throw for 250 and that was the 2015 Sugar Bowl where OSU ran for 250+ on them.

Assuming you have correctly identified motive, you still lack any evidence of malfeasance.

Please stop it.

Occam's razor - Wikipedia

So would I rather be in the running for a Natty or play in the Mayo Bowl? Thats pretty easy to figure out if you are a Ga fan. Although there is plenty of MUSTARD to go with that Mayo Bowl.... Salami anyone????

The sad fact is after more that 15 years of terrible coaching and footbal decisions it is guaranteed that Ga will rank much higher than Tn next year. Yeah Yeah. I know Tn is getting better but Tn has its on QB issues as well. Once they get a good QB then the tides amy turn. Hooker isn't that QB. Yeah he can run but after a couple of adjustments look where that gets you.

Can't wait for next season....

Everyone's peak is right before they play Alabama...you just now figuring that out?

I agree about the $ etc but not sure how much of the country would be interested in another Bama/GA game for NC so soon after SECCG. Would be big in SEC country but not so much in Big 10, etc areas.

As I posted on another thread, I’m asking my fellow Vols to realize some Vol fans are taking the uga loss hard, and will react strongly to any criticism of uga or Supercuts McFlobee.

I don’t get it either, but let’s be understanding and sensitive as they work through this difficult time. I’m sure the uga fans will return eventually, and the Vol fans in question can obtain the reassurance they, for some unfathomable reason, so desperately crave that uga is the most awesome ever, and their own team (Tennessee) sucks.

Reactions: ddubb76
I’m sure you’re joking. “They intentionally lost for the conference”? C’mon. They wanted that perfect season, no1 seed, and monkey off their back that is Alabama. Plus getting in was only guaranteed with a win.
Some people love a good conspiracy. Thats all I can figure. 😂

Cry me a River.

Same could be said about a lot of teams in the West that have to go through Saban every year.

Stop acting like Smart has an unfair advantage considering he has the exact same amount of talent as Bama. It’s not Sabans fault Smart keeps making dumb decisions.

Not to mention he had an elite QB on the roster in Justin Fields, but ran him off because he wanted to start a walk on QB whom was a Georgia native.

I just hope Kirby never figures out that you need a high quality QB capable of more than intermediate throws to win the biggest games

Reactions: Jax_Vol
I just hope Kirby never figures out that you need a high quality QB capable of more than intermediate throws to win the biggest games

Winner Winner!

As long as Kirby continues to pick the 5' 10" 180 pounds quarterback's, they won't ever win anything of significance.

Reactions: lukeneyland

VN Store

Back