I think GA peaked

xpsyclonex2002

My gut feeling is that this was GA's last shot for a long while at winning the NC. Holding together a dynasty is almost impossible. They had a perfect season against an incredibly weak SEC east, and then gets smashed by Bama. My gut says they go to the playoffs and end up having to play Bama again in the semifinals or national championship game. My gut tells me they'll get smashed again. That will destroy the myth of Kirby Smart. It won't take Georgia fans long to start equating Kirby Smart with Mark "close but no cigar" Richt. They are recruiting monsters and not turn it into winning the big game on the field. With us getting better and Florida making a coaching change oh, not to mention other new players in the SEC coaching field, I have a feeling duplicating a season like they just had is going to be significantly harder. Don't confuse this with me saying that they won't remain good. I just think that the weak SEC East that they've been playing in is about to get more competitive.

Last edited:
It ain’t over, but if they lose again, just keep in mind they are still the 2nd best team in the whole country if not the first.

Back when they came within a few plays of a natty some moron started a thread on here about Smart “hitting his ceiling”. Pretty high ceiling.

Tennessee can beat Kentucky some of the time. Florida once a decade.

Georgia ain't going anywhere. Now, this was a better Georgia team than previous Georgia teams. But, they're loaded into the future.

And they're better than they were under Richt. There's no question about that.

The step Georgia has to take is they have to get a top tier QB.

But, I can't bury a program who's big sin right now is that they can't beat Alabama and Nick Saban.

He's 56-10 in the last 5 seasons. 56-6 against everyone not named Alabama.

I hate Georgia. It was great to see them lose. But, damn near every program in America would love to be in their shoes right now.

Georgia ain't going anywhere. Now, this was a better Georgia team than previous Georgia teams. But, they're loaded into the future.

But, I can't bury a program who's big sin right now is that they can't beat Alabama and Nick Saban.

I hate Georgia. It was great to see them lose. But, damn near every program in America would love to be in their shoes right now.

Yet we have fans over here that think Kirby is garbage

I think Georgia took a dive. The conference gets a lot more money with 2 teams in the hunt. If Georgia had won today, bama would out for sure. Now the plan of an all sec championship game is still intact. Kirby was quoted as saying after the game, “it didn’t hurt anything”. Conference orders from the commissioner I think.

I think Georgia took a dive. The conference gets a lot more money with 2 teams in the hunt. If Georgia had won today, bama would out for sure. Now the plan of an all sec championship game is still intact. Kirby was quoted as saying after the game, “it didn’t hurt anything”. Conference orders from the commissioner I think.

I’m sure you’re joking. “They intentionally lost for the conference”? C’mon. They wanted that perfect season, no1 seed, and monkey off their back that is Alabama. Plus getting in was only guaranteed with a win.

How does someone not only think of something this dumb, but is able to put it in writing and click "post"?

They had one and their Golden boy chose good ole boy Fromm over Talent.

and he continues to bring in lame duck OCs that don’t outshine his defense.

So who’s to blame for that?

This ignorant narrative needs to stop. IF we become good enough to be in this position, are you going to say TN was told / asked to roll over? The SEC has the best football teams but the thought of the commissioner asked GA to throw the SEC championship is ludicrous.

Why would Georgia want to play Bama twice? They wanted to win this game today to win the SEC of course and remain perfect and get that big elephant off their back. Now with that said they still have a chance to redeem themselves in the playoff and win the natty.

Why would Georgia want to play Bama twice? They wanted to win this game today to win the SEC of course and remain perfect and get that big elephant off their back. Now with that said they still have a chance to redeem themselves in the playoff and win the natty.

Only one enormous problem with that:

Bama seems to have gotten better and Georgia seems to have maintained. We’ll see if the extra practices change anything but If he trots ole Bennett back out that trophy case stays the same: empty

I hate Bama and Georgia both. But I was pulling for Bama hard. I've gotten to a point where I hate Georgia more than I hate Bama (lived in GA the past 3 years). The LAST thing I want is for Georgia to win a National Championship. Bama fans are used to it, no big deal. But if I had to listen to Georgia fans brag about winning, I couldn't stand it.

No, what I want is for Georgia to win their first round game, and then get destroyed even worse by Bama, and then for Nick Saban to look at Kirby and say "You know I'm still your daddy."

The fact that Saban has only been beaten one time by an assistant.....I just don't bet against him. Period. He found a way to win tonight, and win convincingly, and I just believe that is what he will do. And Kirby will find a way to lose, and lose convincingly, and I just believe that is what he will do.

I will be absolutely shocked if Georgia wins a NC.

Only one enormous problem with that:

Bama seems to have gotten better and Georgia seems to have maintained. We’ll see if the extra practices change anything but If he trots ole Bennett back out that trophy case stays the same: empty

Maintained??? Their vaunted defense was averaging right at giving up 7 points per game. Bama set a SECCG offensive yardage total against them. Recheck the scoreboard and perhaps you'll adjust the idea UGA maintained anything this evening. LOL their dignity is behind the Benz stadium in a dumpster somewhere along with the idea they had a scary defense.

Reactions: Woke
the bammers are cigar chomping losers who will vanish into obscurity if coach Hasbeen ever retires.......the Vols are the up and coming program
and bammer will soon be in freefall.........mark my words on this

Reactions: 007Racer
the refs cheated for bammer big time.....they held on every play just like they did against us.....no way to beat bammer and the refs

They cheated to the tune of Bama having twice as many penalty yards. And once again, Bama's o-line got called for holding while their opponent's did not. The last time an SEC opponent o-line got called for holding against Bama was in October.

It ain’t over, but if they lose again, just keep in mind they are still the 2nd best team in the whole country if not the first.

Back when they came within a few plays of a natty some moron started a thread on here about Smart “hitting his ceiling”. Pretty high ceiling.

Tennessee can beat Kentucky some of the time. Florida once a decade.
Only some of the time, huh? You mean like 34 out of the last 37?

This should be Georgia's year, and it still might be, but they got their butts kicked today at a neutral site by an Alabama team that has been anything but dominant. Smart deserves some heat for this. That was a pathetic showing by his defense. If you can't handle reading it, then you should go somewhere UGA fans are making excuses. Basically, any Georgia fan message board.

Damn, this is stupid.

I think u r 1000% correct on that........u could tell GA was half-a$$ing on the field.....no doubt they were told to lose to get 2 SEC teams in.....not the first time the SEC has done this for bammer

Reactions: 007Racer
They cheated to the tune of Bama having twice as many penalty yards. And once again, Bama's o-line got called for holding while their opponent's did not. The last time an SEC opponent o-line got called for holding against Bama was in October.

they held on every play....sure they threw a little laundry just to keep it from looking so obvious.......the fix was in....no doubt about it.......the SEC front office is incredibly biased toward bammer and their 100 year old bald-headed coach

Maintained??? Their vaunted defense was averaging right at giving up 7 points per game. Bama set a SECCG offensive yardage total against them. Recheck the scoreboard and perhaps you'll adjust the idea UGA maintained anything this evening. LOL their dignity is behind the Benz stadium in a dumpster somewhere along with the idea they had a scary defense.

Maintained as in didn’t get any better. It’s been on them all season and the horses couldn’t carry the weight any longer. They got embarrassed and it falls on Smart.

VN Store

Back