Hugh Freeze mega thread and poll [merged]

Do you want Tennessee to hire Hugh Freeze?

• Yes

Votes: 1,219 77.4%
  • No

Votes: 360 22.9%

• Total voters
I’m guessing, but my bet is that the agent is trying to get someone’s attention at UT.

If we had a real, functional administration, Freeze would be lined up and then Pruitt sent packing back to Elephantland.
If we start JG Saturday and lose or if we wait until 4th qtr with 8min left to bring HB in and lose someone needs to be at the locker room door with Pruitt separation papers

Such a long, long shot right now we don't have the funds for a Top Hire like Freeze and the buyout of dummy and staff is like $20 million, just don't see it happening. If Pruitt continues to play JG and we lose to Vanderbilt all bets are off and they may just have to fire Pruitt.

Hope the deep pocket boosters are listening to what is happening. Mr Ergin are you listening at Dish Networks, last I checked your net worth is now exceeding $10 BILLION and we would be very grateful if you could spare some pocket change and make this happen!!
We have plenty money and multi million dollar and billionaire boosters.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Stoked
But more money from what school is the big question. I'd hope us, but why "leak" it unless you're trying to convince anyone other than us to pay more money? That's what concerns me.
More money from any school that is pursuing Hugh's services, either today or in the future. South Carolina, Tennessee, Auburn, etc. Probably 75% of the job of an agent is convincing other market players that your client is a hot commodity, in demand from many potential suitors, and that his salary should reflect that.

Prob not Liberty - they just signed him to a raise/extension and can't compete with SEC schools for salaries anyway.

Reactions: preacherwebb
But more money from what school is the big question. I'd hope us, but why "leak" it unless you're trying to convince anyone other than us to pay more money? That's what concerns me.

The article came from Nashville. What’s to say that somebody from the UT camp isn’t the source. Could be setting the stage....

Reactions: WilliamDuVOL
If Freeze wants the Tennessee job he will have to wait 1 more year I'm afraid. I think Liberty is paying about 3 million a year, so that hopefully shouldn't be an issue.
I am sure he is. He is looking fro that big buy out after 2-3 years as coach. He knows how this thing works at Tennessee.

I love that we haven't even hinted at firing Jeremy Pruitt. The university itself has nowhere near enough funds available to fire JP & Co., yet the article ends with, "There’s nothing like coaching search season."

Hahahaaaa... Is the author a VN member?

... maybe Fulmer and the Admin can actually administrate this crossroads well. Maybe they think he is done too, because every sports media commentator out there has now caught up with the consensus of VN. Pruitt is done. Now, Later... no matter. He is done. Might as well get Freeze and hasten the end of the Saban era.

I genuinely cannot believe the University of Tennessee would hire him given his track record. Goodness gracious.

Talk about a wolf in sheep's clothing.

I couldn’t see him going to USCe...but what about a school like Michigan? That would be more appealing imo - of course.

VN Store

Back