Hudson Wolfe decomitted

I follow quite a few recruiting services and that is one area all of them seem to actually agree upon. Additionally, most analysts agreed that coming into this season the TE position was one of the weak areas on the offensive side of the ball. Other than Austin Pope, who was lost for the year to injury, there was no true, complete TE on the roster. The TE situation was not helped by the QB issues, but the lack of a true, impact TE also can be seen as a contributing factor in our 3rd down conversion issues. There are a couple of the freshman athletes we recruited who could become a great TE, but the question is do you believe this staff can teach and develop one of them? If they can, it won't be until next year that we would hopefully see positive progression in that direction.
TE's can't prove what they can do... nor can an OC prove he uses the TE... if the QB is unable or unwilling to throw to them.

I have contended for a long time that the JG's inabilities were a huge drag on the development of this team. Not what he does "wrong".... but rather the things he just cannot do. He can't throw guys open. He cannot read and react to coverages quickly (which almost always causes him to abandon his progressions). He cannot anticipate throws. He has a long delivery and attempts to make up for it by throwing the ball with a lot of velocity.

Bailey is nowhere near to be a developed QB. But you could see him reading his keys... going through his progressions and then executing a throw or run. I haven't timed it but suspect that his decisions to run came around the 3 second mark. So he evaluated 3 or 4 options then pulled the ball down. JG has never shown the ability to do that.

Cool, early signing is only next week. Plenty of time to get him back in the fold :rolleyes: I expect a couple of more decommits by the time early signing is done.

Reactions: 'Boro-vol
Pruitt's program is going off the rails. Recruits are going to start dropping like flies now! This program is going to careen off the cliff under Pruitt's leadership.

listening to X and Baislio discuss this. Sounds like all that will be left of the recruiting class is developmental projects and nobody that will help next year.

"This Tanker is Leaking Oil" "The wheels are coming off". How many more Cliques can we insert here? "It's all Volnation's fault; for criticizing the Coach."

You aren't wrong but I'm not sure we have a SEC caliber TE on the roster. Haven't seen it if we do.
No on this roster. Because Wolfe is Instate Kid the perception is worse than reality because I like the other TE Commitments there is a lot of potential in that group. In CHRIST Alone

Reactions: BigOrangeMojo
TE's can't prove what they can do... nor can an OC prove he uses the TE... if the QB is unable or unwilling to throw to them.

I have contended for a long time that the JG's inabilities were a huge drag on the development of this team. Not what he does "wrong".... but rather the things he just cannot do. He can't throw guys open. He cannot read and react to coverages quickly. He cannot anticipate throws. He has a long delivery and attempts to make up for it by throwing the ball with a lot of velocity.

Okay, I agree that the current TEs have not been able to show what they can do on the field due to multiple issues, i.e. QB, blocking issues with the O line, scheme and/or play calling. If we had a true TE talent, they would show out to a degree despite everything else. All things considered, having an in-state, highly regarded, position focused, true TE recruit with size, speed, and hands that was projected to be a likely freshman starter like Hunter Henry, is a badly needed player.

Losing In State Kid does not look good on paper but I have always questioned why we were taking so many TE Commitments. Campbell has more talent than Wolfe Coaches Prioritized him. Bell will be a OT not TE but the Kid from Oxford Al Roc Taylor will be a TE as well and is very good prospect as well. So at least we have really good players committed. ( The underlying question is Arik Gilbert in play) In CHRIST Alone.
the 1st thing that came to my mind after seeing LSU against Bama this past Sat. No doubt that UT is gonna move on Gilbert and he was HB's go to guy their senior year at Marietta.

There will be more before signing day. I just wonder how many. There is too much instability for 18 year old kids and their parents to feel comfortable with Tennessee right now. And that is not the fans fault. We are supposed to expect more. The fault lies in the hands of the people that have led us to a 2 and at best 3 win season. The fact that some people think otherwise shows how far we’ve fallen. That’s all just a long way of me saying expect a lot more decommitments and a recruiting class outside of the top 25.

Reactions: dlravol2
Y'all done with Cornbread yet?

Worse coach in UT history brought to you be Fulmer

Need to run both out on a rail
Oh...we're done. (truthfully I never started) But the brain-trust on the Hill is still in denial. This gets much worse before it gets better, I'm afraid.

Reactions: CountVolcula

VN Store

Back