Hubbs on 104.5

And I don't think Danny O was much over 300 and he was a steady solid contributor.

O'Brien was listed at 287 on a 6-2 (questionable) frame. I think Shoop is saying he wants the 6-3 to 6-5, 300 lb guy that can run but is still strong enough to handle O-Lineman. They obviously don't grow on trees.

Reactions: 1 person
We also handed out a few turnovers which gave teams a lot more snaps to get more yards.

We did, but if the defense was worth a damn, it could've gotten off the field every once in awhile rather than letting most everybody we played line up and just run roughshod over it.

Btw, we had 5 total turnovers in 3 games vs Kentucky, Mizzou and Vandy.....and gave up just under 2,000 yards of offense and 118 points. Don't really see how the two are particularly related.

Link or GTFO
NO....YOU SIR...
GTFO-avengers-iron-man-kicks-thor.gif

Really??? Down load his app, and find the podcast..
tumblr_n11sq7Dr2f1swjg2mo1_500.gif

Last edited:
290 to 300 pound defensive tackles are just what is needed to keep up with the fast break offenses in college.

Small Tackles will not cut it in this conference. Look at Bama and LSU or even Auburn you won't seem small tackles what you will see is big thick strong and fast 300lb + tackles eating folks alive. GBO!!!!
Maybe we should look at Bama 1st because they also want lighter,and faster DT's under Pruett. You should read posr #14 in this thread by 1truevol possibly could be talking about you.

If Shoop meant 295-315 lb guys that can run but are very strong I agree with him. Overall strength is what I am getting at. Bama does have more closer too 300 than 320 I agree there, but they have guys in that 300-310 range that are very strong and also move well. But make no mistake strength is vital in the interior of the D-Line, yes you want them to move well but they have to be able to beat the man in front of them and for the long haul the need to be strong first and foremost to get that done in the SEC. It's a LOS league, there can be no disputing that. GBO!!!!

O'Brien was listed at 287 on a 6-2 (questionable) frame. I think Shoop is saying he wants the 6-3 to 6-5, 300 lb guy that can run but is still strong enough to handle O-Lineman. They obviously don't grow on trees.

Like Kongbo?

Like it or not, Alabama is the standard for DL's right now. Agree?

Jonathan Allen is 291 lbs.

Here are the weights for the rest of their DL including ends:

305, 315, 309, 290, 238, 284, 319, 315, 280, 306, 268, 228

Looks like around 300 is about right. What is so wrong with Shoop's wanting this target weight? You want him to try to correct problems, but you overreact and bash when he identifies a perceived problem. :banghead2:

People don't like to actually know what they are talking about, they just want to rant..... Great post, thank you!

Schoop is a seasoned coach, he should already know what his defense needs to perform well. This shouldn't be some miraculous revelation after a crap year. If you think recruiting trim DT's is going to solve our defensive problems you aren't thinking critically.

If you're going to dog him at least spell his name correctly..

Looks like around 300 is about right. What is so wrong with Shoop's wanting this target weight? You want him to try to correct problems, but you overreact and bash when he identifies a perceived problem. :banghead2:

That's because most of the posters that complain the loudest are mouth breathers that never played a single second in any organized sport. Note: pocket pool doesn't count as an organized sport.

Reactions: 3 people
He also said blaming the poor defensive performance on injuries was "a cop out". Said this defense allowed the 3rd most points on program history.

Also pointed out that Virginia Tech was on pace for about 450 yards (finished with 400 yards) before handing Tennessee 5-6 turnovers in losing the game. Pointed out that Tennessee was 100% healthy that game and that the defense was still very bad even at that point.

I heard him say that and if I recall correctly, VA Tech had one 80 yd or so run early and some additional success until early in the 2nd quarter. After that I seem to recall the defense rising up and making them go 3 and out numerous times and completely shutting them down. It wasn't just the fumbles.

Florida's starting DL is 251, 297, 290, 260, and 270.

Any chance Martin and Moseley leave early for the draft ?

I have a better chance of being drafted than they do. They couldn't cover an 81 year old woman in a hoveround. I honestly do not think high schools would take them back. So my answer is no, no they should not.

VN Store

Back