Hubbs on 104.5

I love how our posters know more about how to stack our defensive roster with tackles than Shoop. Absolutely hilarious.

Reactions: 4 people
We need more people on here to try to THINK before posting total garbage on here.

THINK...Most of the nation holds up alaBubba and nick saTan as the gold standard in college football and it's hard to deny that.

nick saTan says that the S&C coach is the most important coach on his staff and I believe the S&C coach at alaBummer is the highest paid S&C coach in the country so what saTan says also seems to be backed up by the AD with top $$$ for the S&C coaches.

Now THINK again...The S&C coaches spend MORE time with the players than any other coaches are allowed to.

In addition to S&C wouldn't it be logical for the S&C staff to also be talking and teaching the O and D playbooks and testing to see that all players at all positions are also putting in the time and work to make certain they're learning and making progress to become better at playing their positions?

THINK...a DT absolutely MUST be a VERY strong person and they MUST also be quick, fast footed big guys in order to push around the O linemen up against them.

A fast, strong DT with a quick get off at 300 to 310 pounds will knife between O linemen and be in the backfield blowing up plays more often than a BIG, slow 325 or larger man will be.

Maybe that's why saTan and Shoop both want really strong, fast footed guys at the DT positions.

Maybe when you THINK things through and gain some real footVol knowledge before posting garbage on here you'll also be getting less flak and BS in return.

Also it HAS been well proven over the years that both our current players and our recruits and their parents DO spend lots of time here on VN reading what supposed, intelligent fans have to say about our players, coaches and programs.

All the negative, oftentimes really dumb, fire everyone posts on here really DOES hurt recruiting and our all around program and that's HAS been proven.

IMO many of the negative, know nothings on here really are NOT real Tennessee fans.

They are really TROLLS and fans of other teams that are only here to stir up crap and try to hurt our recruiting as much as they can and that's a tactic that's been used by fans of other teams for many years.

Some peoples lives are crap so they love to stir up as much crap as they can...I just ignore them and if most also ignore them they'll run away and go find another board where they can get the attention they can't live without.

FACT is we have no new AD and the HUGE buyout means buTch is NOT going anywhere for at least another year so we may as well settle down and support our footVol program no matter what coaches or players are on the Hill.

VFL...GBO!!!

Reactions: 1 person
Small Tackles will not cut it in this conference. Look at Bama and LSU or even Auburn you won't seem small tackles what you will see is big thick strong and fast 300lb + tackles eating folks alive. GBO!!!!

Bama also runs a 3-4 which has a nose tackle. NT are usually 310+

A lot of it has to do with scheme

We need more people on here to try to THINK before posting total garbage on here.

THINK...Most of the nation holds up alaBubba and nick saTan as the gold standard in college football and it's hard to deny that.

nick saTan says that the S&C coach is the most important coach on his staff and I believe the S&C coach at alaBummer is the highest paid S&C coach in the country so what saTan says also seems to be backed up by the AD with top $$$ for the S&C coaches.

Now THINK again...The S&C coaches spend MORE time with the players than any other coaches are allowed to.

In addition to S&C wouldn't it be logical for the S&C staff to also be talking and teaching the O and D playbooks and testing to see that all players at all positions are also putting in the time and work to make certain they're learning and making progress to become better at playing their positions?

THINK...a DT absolutely MUST be a VERY strong person and they MUST also be quick, fast footed big guys in order to push around the O linemen up against them.

A fast, strong DT with a quick get off at 300 to 310 pounds will knife between O linemen and be in the backfield blowing up plays more often than a BIG, slow 325 or larger man will be.

Maybe that's why saTan and Shoop both want really strong, fast footed guys at the DT positions.

Maybe when you THINK things through and gain some real footVol knowledge before posting garbage on here you'll also be getting less flak and BS in return.

Also it HAS been well proven over the years that both our current players and our recruits and their parents DO spend lots of time here on VN reading what supposed, intelligent fans have to say about our players, coaches and programs.

All the negative, oftentimes really dumb, fire everyone posts on here really DOES hurt recruiting and our all around program and that's HAS been proven.

IMO many of the negative, know nothings on here really are NOT real Tennessee fans.

They are really TROLLS and fans of other teams that are only here to stir up crap and try to hurt our recruiting as much as they can and that's a tactic that's been used by fans of other teams for many years.

Some peoples lives are crap so they love to stir up as much crap as they can...I just ignore them and if most also ignore them they'll run away and go find another board where they can get the attention they can't live without.

FACT is we have no new AD and the HUGE buyout means buTch is NOT going anywhere for at least another year so we may as well settle down and support our footVol program no matter what coaches or players are on the Hill.

VFL...GBO!!!

Good post + moronic nicknames = hard to take seriously much less read.

You could have looked smart, instead you look like a smartass.

Reactions: 3 people
Schoop is a seasoned coach, he should already know what his defense needs to perform well. This shouldn't be some miraculous revelation after a crap year. If you think recruiting trim DT's is going to solve our defensive problems you aren't thinking critically.

So he should just disengage from recruiting? Not try to get in players that fit his system or continue to train those he inherited?

I got it! Maybe he can just go stand still in the middle of a dark room as that is the thing this staff can do without Pi$$ing off a lot of the fan base?

the operative word is 'leaner' . Use your listening cap. Fat defensive tackles wont cut it either

Where did I ever say or imply we need fat tackles. I said STRENGTH is the key to a good SEC D-Line, I don't care if your 300,294 or 313. If your gonna be on top in the SEC you better be strong upfront. 290 or 320 isn't the most important thing, the key is if you are strong enough and can move good enough and can get off blocks. That's the bottom line. GBO!!!!

Last edited:
LOL. Yeah, a new S&C coach will make everything better. Who really believes this non-sense? This is the very definition of re-arranging deck chairs on the Titanic.

I knew this is crazy but if we could somehow get Scott Cochran I would pay almost a million dollars. The difference between an Atlanta game tomorrow, and non injury filled season at alot of positions would possibly have us at 10-2 instead of 8-4. This has to be the most important thing for us. I saw an article on sec country about Florida and they talked about injuries and how it might have worked against them, when a guy who is a backup guard is switched over to your defensive line rotation you have to know that we need a big time change.

If Shoop meant 295-315 lb guys that can run but are very strong I agree with him. Overall strength is what I am getting at. Bama does have more closer too 300 than 320 I agree there, but they have guys in that 300-310 range that are very strong and also move well. But make no mistake strength is vital in the interior of the D-Line, yes you want them to move well but they have to be able to beat the man in front of them and for the long haul the need to be strong first and foremost to get that done in the SEC. It's a LOS league, there can be no disputing that. GBO!!!!

Again my above quote is what I meant, overall strength is what I was getting at. It's a LOS league, if you can win it you will win more than you lose. If you lose it, you will lose many games because of it. I don't care if the tackle is 285 or 309, bottom line is if he isn't strong enough and can't get off blocks it doesn't matter. Nobody needs out of shape fat tackles of course for all those folks exaggerating my earlier comment. Of course in most cases a 270lb guy isn't going to win very many wars in the interior D-Line against the top competition. If he can by all means play him, I just think for the most part you need big guys that are in shape. Whether they are 285 and fast and strong or 300+ and fast and strong, but make no mistake they need to be strong upfront or it won't matter. GBO!!!!!!

Because that's all sorry a$$ fans do on here is complain! Sorry...but I've had it with all the ignorance that gets posted on here. Either learn the game (I mean really LEARN it)..or just keep your mouth shut! Too many talking head know it alls on here posting the same BS. Sorry Volnation...not directed at all....it just seems like most!

Now, now, these negafans are just trying to make a more inviting atmosphere to make recruits say, "that' where I would feel comfortable!"

Reactions: 1 person
Everybody has an opinion on the types of line recruits we need to recruit ...yet only a few could tell us what type of gap scheme Shoop is running and what kind of gap scheme he wants to run ...and what body type is preferred stylistically for each ....

:hmm:

As much as others.. but you seem to think all is well. That's odd to me.

We can't all panic and hole up in a bunker...you wouldn't have room for your propane tanks.

VN Store

Back