How old were you...

I was 26 years old and serving in the military at Fort Polk, LA. I had a group of friends and fellow servicemembers that were Tennessee fans and we all watched the game together. After we won, someone dared me to put a Tennessee flag atop the flagpole at post headquarters. Needless to say my fellow Military Police brothers were quite surprised the next morning when they had to raise the flag at Reveille.

Attachments

• shopping.jpeg
    shopping.jpeg
    14.9 KB · Views: 1
Not being a downer. Some go through hard situations during great events. The fact you were paying attention through that shows your loyalty program, and that win might have been a comfort during that stressful time.

truth there without a doubt....it was comforting....they had my little man out of it in post surgery ICU and my wife climbed in bed with him to comfort both of them....I went to the room he would be in after ICU and watched the whole thing while periodically going in to check on them.

truth there without a doubt....it was comforting....they had my little man out of it in post surgery ICU and my wife climbed in bed with him to comfort both of them....I went to the room he would be in after ICU and watched the whole thing while periodically going in to check on them.

Did it all work out for your son?

Reactions: Big Al Orange
You were exactly where you should have been Smokey. Good on you bro. I hope everything is ok now.

Reactions: VolFaninFla
Did it all work out for your son?

that day is the day he became a St. Jude patient and we became very strong supporters of them as well.
He is cancer free.
What is really humbling is that as he has aged, he has became a summer camp counselor for children with cancer. He has experienced losing some of his camp children and friends to cancer.
here he is last year year with mom & dad....needless to say....very special...

Attachments

• 20180512_114138.jpg
    20180512_114138.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 18
Cedar Creek Studio in Austin, TX producing a cd for local rock group "Argument Clinic" ('Sounds like VN. Eh?). 'Had the lounge tv & a monitor by the console w/the game on them + a headset tweaked to cut in to it...had an equipment break for most of the 2nd half. I was 47 way back then. All I want is another NC before I head into the next arena. GBO...
I mean REALLY!

36 and living in Mexico Beach, FL. I had to listen to a bunch of Nole fans BS prior to that game. Funny thing, NOT A PEEP out of them after that game.

40 and watching at home. Went to every home game that year. Hope I get to watch at least one more NCG with the VOLS winning before my times up! GBO ! ! !

I would post a picture of my ticket stub if I had great grandchildren to show me how. I was 51.

Went to every game that year except UGA since their fans were such jerks. Surprised the Carrier Dome wasn't air conditioned...….o_Oo_Oo_O

Last edited:
Reactions: Proud Army Wife
35......turned down the TV volume and listened to John Ward and Bill Anderson. Listened all the way through the after-game show. I literally listened to John Ward's last football sign-off. It was a special night. I talked to my dad (now deceased) several times via phone during the game. I went to a few games with him during the season including the SECCG against Miss St. I remember telling him after the game "Dad, it doesn't get any better than this. 13-0 and national champions". Great memory.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
I'm from Kentucky, live in Georgia, and have loved Tennessee since I was around 8.

source.gif

when we won the championship in 98? Where were you?
Bored, and since we're waiting for our bowl game, I figured how about story time.
I was 13 and watched it with my dad, grandma, and little brother. My dad and I jumped up and down for joy. We we're on the edges of our seats the entire game. I remember Fulmer's and Tee's post game interview so vividly. I'll never forget that magical feeling. My does time go by so fast.

One of the best posts on this forum. It was good to dust off the cobwebs and remember better times.

Go VOLS

35......turned down the TV volume and listened to John Ward and Bill Anderson. Listened all the way through the after-game show. I literally listened to John Ward's last football sign-off. It was a special night. I talked to my dad (now deceased) several times via phone during the game. I went to a few games with him during the season including the SECCG against Miss St. I remember telling him after the game "Dad, it doesn't get any better than this. 13-0 and national champions". Great memory.
After seeing the replay of the TV coverage, was sick that it was all about Jackson at the end.

when we won the championship in 98? Where were you?
Bored, and since we're waiting for our bowl game, I figured how about story time.
I was 13 and watched it with my dad, grandma, and little brother. My dad and I jumped up and down for joy. We we're on the edges of our seats the entire game. I remember Fulmer's and Tee's post game interview so vividly. I'll never forget that magical feeling. My does time go by so fast.

21 and a UT student

Reactions: trbonevol
I was 10. I think I watched the game with my grandpa, but I don’t really remember if I’m blurring some things together or not.

I was 16 and mostly just remember the family celebrating after the big win. And couldnt wait to wear orange the first day back at school.

I was 11 and they won on my birthday. The only way I could’ve had a better birthday is if I was there. I was decked out in anything orange I could find.

VN Store

Back