How old were you...

I was 11, watching at home in Portland. My dad was an absolute nervous wreck during the game. When the trophy presentation was over and before I went to bed, he hugged me and picked me up out of excitement. That was the last time he ever picked me up like that. It's funny to look back on that now, because I'm easily 4 inches taller and 100 lbs bigger than him now. (I'm a big guy. Him...not so much.) I appreciate it so much more now than I did then. Had no idea how special it really was.

I was 43...don't want it to be a downer but was in the hospital with our 3 year old son who had just undergone a 5 hour surgery to remove a neuroblastoma tumor.
Earlier in the year I had taken our 5 year old son to his first UT game against Arkansas. What a year.

Not being a downer. Some go through hard situations during great events. The fact you were paying attention through that shows your loyalty program, and that win might have been a comfort during that stressful time.

I was 53, had a watch party with my Wife, Brother TWO finds and their wives. I'll never forget John Ward's call" THE NATIONAL CHAMPION IS CLAD IN BIG ORANGS", still brings tears to my eyes today. WE all went out afyer the game looking for National Championship gear and bought hats and shirts. I still have the hats and shirts we bought that night.

Almost 30 and watched from TX. We had moved from Memphis the year before. The neighbors probably thought there was trouble at the house with all the yelling during the game. I had the UT flag flying from the front porch.

Good thing you had the flag on the porch. It didn't take Texans too long to figure out what it was about.

when we won the championship in 98? Where were you?
Bored, and since we're waiting for our bowl game, I figured how about story time.
I was 13 and watched it with my dad, grandma, and little brother. My dad and I jumped up and down for joy. We we're on the edges of our seats the entire game. I remember Fulmer's and Tee's post game interview so vividly. I'll never forget that magical feeling. My does time go by so fast.

I was 35 and stationed at Ramstein AB Germany, watched the game in the early morning and woke up my neighbors and family after the game...........it was a good day :)

I was 39. Several of the people I worked with got together to watch it together. We worked crazy swing shifts and were like a family. We had a blast. Those were great times. Thanks for the post PAW.

Reactions: Hacksaw
Watched with a few friends. One had one of those big screen TVs he thought was the best thing since sliced bread. You had to sit in one or two certain spots to make out what was happening. So glad hi def TVs made those things obsolete. I had gone with him to all the home games, and we road tripped to Auburn. Lewis messed up his knee, and Al Wilson had a shoulder injury. That game and Arkansas were the biggest stress moments for me. All through the Fiesta Bowl, I was confident of how it would end, because Florida State did not match up well at all.

Bored, and since we're waiting for our bowl game, I figured how about story time.
I was 13 and watched it with my dad, grandma, and little brother. My dad and I jumped up and down for joy. We we're on the edges of our seats the entire game. I remember Fulmer's and Tee's post game interview so vividly. I'll never forget that magical feeling. My does time go by so fast.

I was 51, and living/working in Hoover, Alabama. My wife and I watched the game from the stands in Tempe, AZ.

Reactions: 1972 Grad
Dad actually went to Florida State. Somewhere around the age of 4 or 5 I started liking Tennessee. Maybe it was the orange, maybe it was the way they ran over people....who knows. What makes it really weird is that I am from Florida, live in Georgia, and am all VOL! I do have family in Knoxville, they may have done some brainwashing! I Still have my unopened bag of tostitos championship tortilla chips!
I'm from Kentucky, live in Georgia, and have loved Tennessee since I was around 8.

I was 34, had 5 friends over to watch, was so pumped that I stayed up all night. Had to be at work at 5 in the morning. It was so great that I didn't mind not getting any sleep. Come to think of it that was the last time I pulled an all nighter. WORTH EVERY MINUTE OF IT. About time for another all nighter, GO VOLS

23 at the game. My first and only bowl game attendance. Had just gotten out of the Navy

Reactions: Proud Army Wife

VN Store

Back