How old were you...

I was a 34 year old Master Sergeant at Peterson AFB, CO and watched the game at the Sports Page in Colorado Springs, CO.

Tennessee won a lot of games when I went to that bar!

Reactions: Illinoisvolfan2
37 and at a friends house watching the action in Cleveland, TN. Long since graduated and working for a living at that time.

Time sure does fly. I'm 33 now and though I don't remember where I was back then during the championship game. I know I always have the game on. My memory is just terrible lately. I watch most games on TV. Unless I'm there. It's hard for me to remember the games I watch on TV. It just doesn't give you the memories as actually being there in person. For me anyways. I was there down low for the Oaklahoma game a few years ago. And I'm still mad about that game.

When I was 18 I delivered pizza for Pizza Hut out in Halls and I would literally bring my TV in on Saturdays if I had to work during a game.

Those were the days.

Edit: Oh yeah my step dad at the time took me and one of his buddies and one of mine, down to Atlanta for the SEC Championship game when I was in middle school. Our seats weren't together either. Me and my friend got to chill in our seats away from the adults. Near LSU fans. I've hated LSU ever since. Go VOLS!

when we won the championship in 98? Where were you?
Bored, and since we're waiting for our bowl game, I figured how about story time.
I was 13 and watched it with my dad, grandma, and little brother. My dad and I jumped up and down for joy. We we're on the edges of our seats the entire game. I remember Fulmer's and Tee's post game interview so vividly. I'll never forget that magical feeling. My does time go by so fast.
have a really nice framed stock photo from Tempe. always meant to get it signed, still on my list.

i was 20, and in school. yes recall it all. may have watched it a few times sense.

attended all home games that year, with exception of Florida.

29, watched with friends here in Mt. Juliet. Graduated from UTK December 1991. Went to several games that year including Arkansas. I truly regret not going to the NC game, had the money, but not the time. It's a shame we have to work for a living. See y'all in Jacksonville.
Go Vols

I was 25 and living at Plantation Manor Apartments off Gallaher View Rd in Knoxville at the time. I watched the Florida State game at Bailey's Sports Grill and Bar in west Knox. It was packed. When Goodrich ran his pick 6 in, the whole place erupted. I got very intoxicated that night.

24 and living between Reston Virginia and here at the time. Traveled a lot for work in those days.

11. Don’t remember watching the national championship. Just remember listening to the SEC Championship on the radio

I was 39 and at the game. My youngest daughter was 2 weeks old. My wife insisted I make the trip because as she said "we might not be in this position again". Let's hope she is wrong soon.

that day is the day he became a St. Jude patient and we became very strong supporters of them as well.
He is cancer free.
What is really humbling is that as he has aged, he has became a summer camp counselor for children with cancer. He has experienced losing some of his camp children and friends to cancer.
here he is last year year with mom & dad....needless to say....very special...

Thanks for sharing. Sounds like he is taking his experience, and helping other kids fight it. Know you all are proud of him. So am I.

Yeah, St. Jude's is special. Any charitable giving I do will start with them and Shriner's.

I was hanging out at a friends house in Fall Branch. I was 17 and a Senior in High School. Me and her dad spent the night watching the game and yelling at the TV. Both she and her sister eventually got board and left us to the game. I remember the announcers being @$!# and muting the TV so we could listen to Johnny Ward. That girls Dad did everything he could to get me in the family after that. I never did get together with the daughter I was there to flirt with that night. Though me and her sister had a thing, years later. Good times!!!

Reactions: MAD
29 5 of us went to Vegas a couple of days before the game, rented a van the day of the game, drove over the Hoover dam and smoked cigars with thousands of Vol fans in the stadium after the victory!!

I was 46, living in Palo Alto, CA, flew down to Tempe the morning of the game, paid $100 for a single on the 50yd line. I’ve never seen so much talent on the field in a college game. The plays I remember the most are the two long passes to Peerless, and the punt return by Warwick that almost went for a TD, and the INT by Goodrich. Great experience to see your team win it all once in your life.

25 and watched the game because my brother was excited about it but I wasn’t into football at the time.

37, and in Asia. Came home from work on or before halftime in order to catch most of the game (12-13 hrs difference). Afterwards, put my all orange top on ..... and went back to work. Go Vols.

VN Store

Back