How does the Dawgs dominant performance make you feel about our game in Athens?

How do you feel now about our loss in Athens after Georgia's total dominance over TCU?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Volador

Orange you glad to be a Vol??
We lost in Athens by 14. In Athens, between the hedges, in horrible weather. We had chances and a few breaks went to the Dawgs, but we were not blown out and or off the NCAAF map like the Dawgs did last night to TCU. 65-7 in southern California. Ouch, what a smack down.

So, when you look back at our loss to UGA, how do you feel?

Reactions: LadyVolette
It only goes to show how nearly impossible it is for us to win a national title. Georgia and bama are the two best programs in America,
and we have to play them every freakin' year---not to mention florida, which has a national-title pedigree of its own and sits in one of the best
recruiting states in America and, though down somewhat in recent years, is capable of putting an outstanding team on the field just about any year.
And that's just trying to get through the SEC and into the playoff picture, where of course there'd be another 2--4 excellent teams from other
conferences to contend with. A Sisyphean task.

To piggyback on turbovol we are not ready for the depth of Bama and UGA. Look at last night. UGA just kept subbing in defensive lineman who were just as good as the the ones they were replacing. Duggan never had a chance. It will take some time but we need to be 2-3 deep at every position to get to the very top of the mountain.

No question about what a beat down this was. I think it’s important to recognize that this was the Dogs best game of the season. Smart reacted after the OSU game and put a fire under them. Mizzou gave this team fits, and we know how bad they were. I don’t believe any team in America could have hung with GA last night, but they won’t always play at that level. They are good—very good, but they can be had, especially in Neyland.

We lost in Athens by 14. In Athens, between the hedges, in horrible weather. We had chances and a few breaks went to the Dawgs, but we were not blown out and or off the NCAAF map like the Dawgs did last night to TCU. 65-7 in southern California. Ouch, what a smack down.

So, when you look back at our loss to UGA, how do you feel?
They basically kicked the dog..... out of the B10 and Big12...big deal. CFP Committee don't know squat about CFB or have some serious issues with the SEC.

Both teams could’ve booked the wrong flights and ended up in Canada for all I care. My interest in CFB declines significantly after UT’s season ends. After a certain point, I’ve got stuff to do.
I have to consider the "opportunity cost" of watching other games of teams I don't care about. By that I mean I basically "buy" a number of hours/days a year from family time to watch sports. I'd rather watch every Tennessee football game (including going to 2-3 a year), a handful of Tennessee basketball games, and a load of Tennessee baseball games than watch a 65-7 drubbing featuring an irrelevant team and a team I hate. The only bonuses I get are when the wife and I are out somewhere with friends and some sports are on.

And I have no problem with this arrangement. Family >>> sports.

The only I really cared about was UT climbing in the polls. The AP... didn't seem to be impressed at all with UGA's beat down of TCU. TCU doesn't deserve to be any higher than 9th... and probably shouldn't be in the top 10.

Reactions: VFL1953
I voted "really crappy." TCU showed that they had no business in the CFP. The committee needed their Cinderella narrative, and they got it...pumpkin and all.

Reactions: Volador
I feel the same as I did after that game. More strength upfront is needed upfront to beat Georgia. They just overwhelm people at every position. I feel like Tennessee lost to the national champs and which sucks, but there was no shame. The shame came weeks later. I can live with losing to a championship team.

We generally start every regular season having to play both Alabama and Georgia. They don't have that luxury, er, advantage!

Reactions: Shocker0
UGA is a team that can play lights out when motivated. They still had times where they were completely checked out, like against Missouri. The timing of the game was terrible. We get ranked #1 and then Ainge gets their stadium setting records on noise level. I think if that game had fallen earlier in the schedule, we might have caught them napping.

VN Store

Back