How does the Dawgs dominant performance make you feel about our game in Athens?

How do you feel now about our loss in Athens after Georgia's total dominance over TCU?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We lost in Athens by 14. In Athens, between the hedges, in horrible weather. We had chances and a few breaks went to the Dawgs, but we were not blown out and or off the NCAAF map like the Dawgs did last night to TCU. 65-7 in southern California. Ouch, what a smack down.

So, when you look back at our loss to UGA, how do you feel?
We had 6 points through 55 minutes of play. UGA punted twice in 8 possessions before it started raining. It wasn't really that close, but it also wasn't near the blowout last night was either. TCU might as well have been Bowling Green.

My vote is “other”. We still lost and the season is over. I feel like we had the potential of getting that Natty this year, but we screwed up against SC. I think we all knew TCU didn’t stand a chance, but I’m hoping most of us were pulling for them.

With the addition of Texas and Oklahoma to the SEC, the schedule should be adjusted so that Tennessee should not be forced to play Alabama and Georgia in the regular season every year.
Alabama, Florida and Georgia, plus a rotating Western opponent every year. That's four tougher games than many teams play all season, including the playoffs. And we have to win those just to win the East. Which still means we need 2 or 3 more wins against top competition to win a National Title.

Doesn’t change a thing for me. Standing there in the Athens rain feels just as 💩tty today as it did then. We were soundly handled by a superior opponent. Were we ahead of schedule and playing with house money? You bet but with some better depth we are ready to compete. Better days ahead for our Vols!

Reactions: rocketskates
TCU had their worst game of the year and it couldn’t have come at a worse time. Also, they were in over their heads to begin with. That’s why I get a chuckle when all of the talking heads kept saying that we were “dominated” in Athens.

I think the bigger issue is the college football season is over and now there is that void. Until next fall. Maybe Vols baseball can fill the empty void.

We would have beaten TCU with a similar offensive score but probably given up more points.

UGA is #1 but one could argue pretty easily we got the best shot at beating them next season.

So, no need to worry then. If there is a way to win CJH will find it. Hopefully we can execute.

I chose Mo Better just because I liked that Mo Better was an option. I also liked Other as I have no idea what that means in this context but I could only pick 1.

Honestly I think if Georgia would have come to Knoxville this year they would have got an L. Home field matters. Tennessee hung with Georgia in Athens with a bunch of 3 stars and transfers. Coaching matters when Tennessee gets more depth they will challenge Georgia because I think Heupel is just as good as a coach as Kirby.

Reactions: Volador
I don't feel good about the Georgia game because I feel that we could have put up a better fight. We simply could not function on offense. Yes, the weather was bad. But it was evident Georgia saw a way to shift and audible the defense in a way that caused us confusion. They beat us due to great preperation and home field advantage. But unlike TCU, they didn't beat us due to a sheer talent mismatch. That much, I feel fine about.

I still believe we would've won in Neyland! Georgia won because they had home field advantage. Kirby started to milk the clock because of a possibility of our offense getting a rhythm. Weather was another factor. Payday is coming and I honestly think we'll demolish them this year.

Both teams could’ve booked the wrong flights and ended up in Canada for all I care. My interest in CFB declines significantly after UT’s season ends. After a certain point, I’ve got stuff to do.
This. Some of my Georgia employees were "shocked" I didn't watch the game.

I should fire one to make a point.

Reactions: LadyVolette
Who cares about Georgia….I loved that ESPN took it in the shorts when viewers quit watching at halftime. Revenue failure and it’s their own fault and hopefully more to come. Hey ESPN what are you going to do when the RAT spins you off?

I feel like if game was replayed & UT was way more calm. Game would of went differently. I think UT dug a hole early on & couldnt over come. As far as prigress back in day UGA would of beaten us 65-7

progress is what i see & not only progress but competitive

It didn't change how I feel about next year's game. I felt pretty crappy after this year's game and my hope is that we can upgrade the lines of scrimmage before next year and maybe Georgia will blunder their QB situation. The Clemson game made me feel better about next year overall.

Who cares about Georgia….I loved that ESPN took it in the shorts when viewers quit watching at halftime. Revenue failure and it’s their own fault and hopefully more to come. Hey ESPN what are you going to do when the RAT spins you off?
That was pretty funny.. everyone on Volnation quit watching right about that time lol

It only goes to show how nearly impossible it is for us to win a national title. Georgia and bama are the two best programs in America,
and we have to play them every freakin' year---not to mention florida, which has a national-title pedigree of its own and sits in one of the best
recruiting states in America and, though down somewhat in recent years, is capable of putting an outstanding team on the field just about any year.
And that's just trying to get through the SEC and into the playoff picture, where of course there'd be another 2--4 excellent teams from other
conferences to contend with. A Sisyphean task.
Let’s wait and see how the expansion works out.. if we are still getting a crappier schedule than everyone else (before I think it was just dumba$$es doing the schedules and rolling over for the other universities), but if it still happens, then we should be mad 😡

We had 6 points through 55 minutes of play. UGA punted twice in 8 possessions before it started raining. It wasn't really that close, but it also wasn't near the blowout last night was either. TCU might as well have been Bowling Green.
The scoreboard read 27-13. At one point it read 27-6. That's as bad as you can make it. Factually at least.
But in the mythical world, Georgia beat us like they did TCU. Which is fair, because anyone can dream.

The scoreboard read 27-13. At one point it read 27-6. That's as bad as you can make it. Factually at least.
But in the mythical world, Georgia beat us like they did TCU. Which is fair, because anyone can dream.
We certainly didn't get beat like TCU did, but we did also get a window dressing touchdown at the end.

The final score is the key. Until they change the rules. I take ubmrage with the whole "they could have scored more" nonsense. They scored what they did. It could have been more, and it could have been less. But it ended up being what it was. 27. We ended up with 13. From their, twist as needed to fit whatever ever narrative being sold.

VN Store

Back