How does the Dawgs dominant performance make you feel about our game in Athens?

How do you feel now about our loss in Athens after Georgia's total dominance over TCU?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
"Other" A little mixed emotion because I believe they spotted Tcu in playoff. From the beginning I believe a 2 loss sec team is better hands down than a Tcu. Media and committee will never look past that. Does it make me feel better we only lost 27-13 to them instead of 65-7 no. It only tells me Tcu isn't as good as kirk Herbstreit blew them up to be to keep an sec team out. Bama and Tennessee are better than Tcu without question and everyone knew it. Can't wait for the expansion. Tired of being punished cuz our conference is better and we beat each other up before playoff.

Last edited:
I actually feel better, because if that had been us last night instead of TCU, that would have been worse imo (even though would have ended ranked higher)..I don’t think we are there yet, but there is a good chance we will be

Agree with you LadyVolette. And I don't think either of us are elated that the Dawgs have #2 NCAAF Championship in a row under their belt but, at least we didn't get the tar knocked outta us last night like poor TCU did. Imagine the total devastation that their fan following is feeling? They are having to question their entire season after such a drubbing.

It only goes to show how nearly impossible it is for us to win a national title. Georgia and bama are the two best programs in America,
and we have to play them every freakin' year---not to mention florida, which has a national-title pedigree of its own and sits in one of the best
recruiting states in America and, though down somewhat in recent years, is capable of putting an outstanding team on the field just about any year.
And that's just trying to get through the SEC and into the playoff picture, where of course there'd be another 2--4 excellent teams from other
conferences to contend with. A Sisyphean task.
Poor little us. Let's move to the Southern Conference then. And when mean old ETSU and Western Carolina become too much for us we can go to Division 2. And on and on until we're an NAIA team with a hundred thousand seat stadium.
In other words, that's life in the big leagues. If you want to be the best you have to beat the best. We've done it before and we can do it again.

Reactions: N.ohio vol
I said at the time that I felt like a rematch would go much differently and I still believe it. We would've had plenty of fans there to help nullify the crowd noise. The weather wouldn't have been an issue like it was in Athens. Obviously it would've been different if we still had Hooker, but if the defense played the way they did in our bowl game in the rematch, I think we would've had a chance.

TCU was not a great football team, but they just found ways to win pretty much all year when they shouldn't have won. See the way Alabama also destroyed K State (who should've been TCU twice this year) to show where their talent level really was. They did deserve to be there though imo, as were 13-1 and beat an undefeated Michigan team.

Reactions: EasternVol
It only goes to show how nearly impossible it is for us to win a national title. Georgia and bama are the two best programs in America,
and we have to play them every freakin' year---not to mention florida, which has a national-title pedigree of its own and sits in one of the best
recruiting states in America and, though down somewhat in recent years, is capable of putting an outstanding team on the field just about any year.
And that's just trying to get through the SEC and into the playoff picture, where of course there'd be another 2--4 excellent teams from other
conferences to contend with. A Sisyphean task.

Yep. Kirby has coached Georgia for seven years. It didn't take him long to build the program - it was built to a good degree when he got there. He finished 2nd in the country in year 2, stayed in the top ten for 3 years, and then has gone 29-1 in his last two years with two natties.

So its too much to expect Heupel to beat him in year three, but that doesn't mean he can't. Look what he did in year two at home to Alabama. He's gonna give Kirby a run for his money next year.

We lost in Athens by 14. In Athens, between the hedges, in horrible weather. We had chances and a few breaks went to the Dawgs, but we were not blown out and or off the NCAAF map like the Dawgs did last night to TCU. 65-7 in southern California. Ouch, what a smack down.

So, when you look back at our loss to UGA, how do you feel?
same...we didn't play well. W/o Hooker we'd have struggled mightilly last night...w/ Hooker we'd have given them a better game than we did in Athens.

We lost in Athens by 14. In Athens, between the hedges, in horrible weather. We had chances and a few breaks went to the Dawgs, but we were not blown out and or off the NCAAF map like the Dawgs did last night to TCU. 65-7 in southern California. Ouch, what a smack down.

Lemme check.....yep...still sick to my stomach.

TCU melted under the lights that night but they are not that bad and I don't believe it has any carry over to our team. Sometimes the the shock of a situation overwhelms teams and they never recovery to play their best which very clearly happened last night.

Would we have been blown out like that? Probably not but never say never. we simply didn't take care of business to find out; thems the breaks.

Just another recruiting hurdle to overcome.

The only I really cared about was UT climbing in the polls. The AP... didn't seem to be impressed at all with UGA's beat down of TCU. TCU doesn't deserve to be any higher than 9th... and probably shouldn't be in the top 10.

The fact that TCU and Michigan are ranked #2 and #3, respectively, in the final poll just goes to show the incompetence of sportswriters these days. Either that, or the AP voters just wanted to help cover for the incompetence of the CFP committee.

The fact that TCU and Michigan are ranked #2 and #3, respectively, in the final poll just goes to show the incompetence of sportswriters these days. Either that, or the AP voters just wanted to help cover for the incompetence of the CFP committee.
I could buy Michigan with one loss. I think they would have given UGA a better game too. But TCU's play should have landed them much lower. Yeah UGA played inspired... but they didn't roll anyone else like that inspired or not.

I could buy Michigan with one loss. I think they would have given UGA a better game too. But TCU's play should have landed them much lower. Yeah UGA played inspired... but they didn't roll anyone else like that inspired or not.

You forgot 55-0 against Vandy. Against Vandy though...'nuff said.

I'll take the L and accept it. I will not, however, be ok with that SC loss. I'll never be ok with that. That loss pushed us out of the playoff and a shot at redemption. It also cost us Hooker. He deserved to finish that season.

I feel better about the Vols bouncing back with a back up QB and WRs along with Banks "prepping for the draft" against Clemson than any feelings one way or another on last night's results.

Honestly haven't paid much attention to a national title game since 2019.

Watching a Bama or GA coronation holds little appeal for me. Actually, it comes closer to inducing nausea.

I don't buy into any transitive properties between the game in Athens and last night other than feeling sure TN would have given Georgia a better game than TCU.

Meh USC pissed me off worse than losing to UGA. Play that game 10 times we win 9 out of 10. It just wasn't meant to be this year. We are headed on the fast track while laying a solid foundation. Let's see what 23 holds

I don't think I feel much different at all.

I knew even as we were losing to them that our lads were competitive against UGa. We were having a bad night, but you could feel that we were capable of challenging them. Just didn't work out for us that day.

So reading that UGa thrashed TCU (I didn't actually watch the game, our internet and TV service was out all evening) doesn't really change my view of the Vols in any way. It only proves to me what I suspected but had no way of validating the last few weeks of the season: that TCU was a paper tiger riding some serious good fortune, playing at the top end of its capability range almost every Saturday (until the B12 CG). Georgia under Kirby Smart has a talent for giving each team its worst conditions.

So nope, I don't think I changed perspective at all. We are who we are. The Dawgs are who they are. And TCU are what they (really) are.

Go Vols!

VN Store

Back