How does Kiffin to Ole Miss affect our 2020 class and recruiting?

Kind of a tweaner locale in terms of recruiting but they went to back to back SECC games not too long ago. They are not a hot mess like we were the last two years...
They only went to the SECC because UT UGA and UF were .500 or worse. Will never happen again.

They only went to the SECC because UT UGA and UF were .500 or worse. Will never happen again.
They were actually a really good team. They took Played really well against AU and Cam till the last half of the 4th. That was rare that year. I think they can be that good again. If I didn't I would have no hope for UT. Not trying to argue but saying they only made it because others lost, well, that's always the case...

He’s always been a recruiting force wherever he’s been. I’m not worried about him as a coach. Really don’t care other than the recruit aspect but he will be a PITA for Memphis recruits. Anyone that thinks differently is kidding themselves
Pretty easy to recruit at places like USC, Tennessee and Alabama. Ole Miss is a little different. If he can lock down the states top talent he’ll be in pretty good shape

I know he doesn’t have long, but we know he can recruit. Do we get worried about the Whitehaven Linebackers? Worried about Big O adding OM back into his top 3? Flip candidates, etc?

I loved us getting back into Memphis. This may affect that a bit.
Not much this class, but he will make Memphis recruiting much more difficult. But he doesn’t have Neids either.

He's been mediocre or worse everywhere he has gone. A serious athlete isn't going to go play under Kiffin because how "hilarious" he is on Twitter. That crap plays well on message boards but not when you're playing with kids' futures.

He's been mediocre or worse everywhere he has gone. A serious athlete isn't going to go play under Kiffin because how "hilarious" he is on Twitter. That crap plays well on message boards but not when you're playing with kids' futures.
Don’t be naive. He will recruit well.

I'm a dead horse beater on this one, but we have to recruit better in middle TN. There is very little elite talent in Memphis in 2021 class. Memphis always has and always will be an open city for recruiting. OM, Bama, and others will always peel some people out of there. Let Kiffin have it, maybe go down there and get dirty for an occasional 5*. The real talent hub of the state is now greater Nashville area, which includes Rutherford, WIlliamson, and the rest of the counties that ring Davidson.

Don’t be naive. He will recruit well.
This.

He won’t impact much this year but he will bring a strong staff and will make a lot of noise. People here hate him for the most part and write him off but you can’t dismiss him entirely. He will shake up Memphis a bit but Pruitt may have already done enough damage there for it not to be a concern. Outside of Memphis he won’t be much of a factor since we have never recruited Mississippi well.

Agree with the rest in here that we need to be recruiting better across the board. By that we have to cut some dead weight on the staff and get another true ace or two. Would love to see them find a way to get Frank Wilson back or home run and get Tosh 🤯

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly
They were actually a really good team. They took Played really well against AU and Cam till the last half of the 4th. That was rare that year. I think they can be that good again. If I didn't I would have no hope for UT. Not trying to argue but saying they only made it because others lost, well, that's always the case...
Buddy Cam was at AU 2 years before Mizzou joined the SEC.

He's won 2 out 0f three conference championships in his last three years. We should be so mediocre.....

Buddy Cam was at AU 2 years before Mizzou joined the SEC.
Ahh yes. It was Marshall. Point still stands though... they were really good then and are not bad now. Unlucky QB injury to Bryant hurt them this year

I know he doesn’t have long, but we know he can recruit. Do we get worried about the Whitehaven Linebackers? Worried about Big O adding OM back into his top 3? Flip candidates, etc?

I loved us getting back into Memphis. This may affect that a bit.
No affect. Kiffin sux!

A coach who skirts the rules and loves the coeds going to a school that skirts the rules and has the loveliest coeds...

This is going to be fun to watch from afar

Reactions: BucVol98
He’ll probably get a few kids from Memphis in future years but that’s an unwinnable job he’s taking. They’re never going to be a great team just due to who they have to play ever week. Bama, Auburn, LSU, ta$&m...just not going to happen. Seems like kiffin has a tendency to take those type jobs throughout his career. I think in 3 or 4 years he’ll have a .500 record and we won’t be looking at him as any sort of a threat at all. Seems like he’d recognize at this point he’s only likely to get one more shot at a d1 school and choose one he’s likely to be successful at. Florida state makes way more sense for him. He could recruits Florida and play in a really weak conference that way

playing Alabama, Auburn, LSU is akin to Tennesee playing Alabama, Florida, Georgia. FSU won’t hire Kiffin IMO. They are looking for a bigger splash. Kiffin to Ole Miss is well, like Kiffin going to Tennesee.

It's funny how people on here think Kiffin is going to come into a struggling program with two weeks till early signing day and completely upend relationships with kids he doesn't have one with. He is zero threat. That program is in much worse shape than you all think.

Reactions: SweetasSoda

VN Store

Back