How does Kiffin to Ole Miss affect our 2020 class and recruiting?

we won 7 games with those thugs.
Patchwork at that. It wasn't like we had good lines. I do think that the real rebuild would have started in 2010 and it would have been ugly even with Kiffin. The loss of skill guys when Kiffin left is what made Dooly's task impossible.

Here is a point that hasn’t been given the attention it deserves....... Kiffin’s staff when he was here had a few dudes... one of those dudes is about to win a national championship.

Also, Pruitt has as strong if not a stronger recruiting reputation than ole kiff does. BVS is strong during recruiting and offseason ha

Kiffen will come in and make a splash in recruiting...grab a couple dudes but he went 7-6 at Tennessee...fired from USC and most high school students don't even know who he is, too young. Old Miss will still get beat annually by most of the SEC West. Little to no impact IMO.

I agree that he'll never be better than 4th in the west, and if Lane ever is 4th Jimbo is getting fired at aTm (or Gus at Auburn).

Look for Smalls and OT to head to OleMiss now .. maybe the Whitehaven kids .

giphy.gif

Here is a point that hasn’t been given the attention it deserves....... Kiffin’s staff when he was here had a few dudes... one of those dudes is about to win a national championship.

Also, Pruitt has as strong if not a stronger recruiting reputation than ole kiff does. BVS is strong during recruiting and offseason ha
We and everyone else have been recruiting against him for the last 3-4 years. If we can recruit the way pruitt has recruited against the other SEC coaches, we don't have to worry about Kiffin. If fact, I expect Pruitt to begin recruiting better because he has shown that we can again win SEC games at home and on the road.

We recruit all of Florida, GA, Bama, Miss, AR, LA, North and South Carolina, Kentucky, Virginia, TX, Cali, Utah, Nevada, and all parts in between and and we are worried about one city that CP has made great inroads to.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Kiffin's move to Ole Miss affects us by giving us an opportunity to watch all manner of entertaining comments headed from Oxford to Tuscaloosa. That affect is greater than the overall recruiting impact.

Why did Kiffin fail at his dream job at USC? I’m genuinely curious. I mean, how did he end up at FAU?

Pruitt will get who he wants and Kiffin can choose from the leftovers.
Wishful thinking................Kiffin will be an excellent recruiter for Ole Miss in the Memphis area, don't kid yourselves. I live in West Tn. And I am all Vol, UTM grad.

Reactions: Helton1
When Kiffin was at UT, he was a star gazer when it came to recruiting. He passed on the Honey Badger because he was a low 3 star even after the Honey Badger showed out at one of UTs camps. It will be interesting to see if he has learned how to evaluate recruits instead of depending on the recruiting sites.

This thread is a joke. Kiffin can coach, he can also recruit. He will get players. As a human being, he is a joke. 6-6, every year. And a wake of drama.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Not too worried about the impact on us. He’ll win a few battles in Memphis in the coming years, but we’ve never been dependent upon getting recruits from Memphis for our success.

The real point that everyone seems to be missing is how much he will affect recruiting in Florida. If he gets Charlie Strong as his defensive coordinator, as some are reporting, then he could do a lot more damage with his connections down there to Mullen and the Gators. Not to mention all of the connections that he developed in Alabama and Georgia during his years working under Saban. This will probably be a net neutral hiring as far as we are concerned vis a vis our rivals.

Reactions: Helton1
We recruit all of Florida, GA, Bama, Miss, AR, LA, North and South Carolina, Kentucky, Virginia, TX, Cali, Utah, Nevada, and all parts in between and and we are worried about one city that CP has made great inroads to.
Wasn’t worried. Was asking a question.

VN Store

Back