How does Kiffin to Ole Miss affect our 2020 class and recruiting?

Helton1

I know he doesn’t have long, but we know he can recruit. Do we get worried about the Whitehaven Linebackers? Worried about Big O adding OM back into his top 3? Flip candidates, etc?

I loved us getting back into Memphis. This may affect that a bit.

Reactions: j&lvol and vol94
Kiffin possibly (not confirmed yet) going to Ole Miss? If hired this sunday what challenges will we face until the first signing period in recruiting? Kiffin is a great recruiter and will have a easy job selling Ole Miss and his new vision for the program. Also what recruits of ours would/should we be worried about?

He’ll probably get a few kids from Memphis in future years but that’s an unwinnable job he’s taking. They’re never going to be a great team just due to who they have to play ever week. Bama, Auburn, LSU, ta$&m...just not going to happen. Seems like kiffin has a tendency to take those type jobs throughout his career. I think in 3 or 4 years he’ll have a .500 record and we won’t be looking at him as any sort of a threat at all. Seems like he’d recognize at this point he’s only likely to get one more shot at a d1 school and choose one he’s likely to be successful at. Florida state makes way more sense for him. He could recruits Florida and play in a really weak conference that way

Not too much of a threat for this class or the next honestly. Now if a couple years down the road he has Ole Miss overachieving, then we may have to duke it out for some guys, but for now he’s just a career underachiever at HC taking a job at one of the worst teams in the conference.

Kiffin will have an effect on kids in West Tennessee. He is a decent on the field coach unless he is playing UCLA.

Not much this year probably. We will see going forward.

@Freak move this over to the football forum if you see fit. Or delete altogether I guess...

Thought it was a decent topic of conversation.

It’s a great topic of conversation. Everyone doesn’t comb thru every thread created.

I know he doesn’t have long, but we know he can recruit. Do we get worried about the Whitehaven Linebackers? Worried about Big O adding OM back into his top 3? Flip candidates, etc?

I loved us getting back into Memphis. This may affect that a bit.
You got to worry about Kiffin recruiting the Memphis area. I am sure Memphis hated to see Kiffin to Ole Miss also.

You got to worry about Kiffin recruiting the Memphis area. I am sure Memphis hated to see Kiffin to Ole Miss also.
Memphis generally IS NOT in the running for those types of athletes even in the Memphis area. Maybe once in a blue moon but I seriously doubt it will effect them at all.

VN Store

Back