How does Kiffin to Ole Miss affect our 2020 class and recruiting?

When Kiffin was at UT, he was a star gazer when it came to recruiting. He passed on the Honey Badger because he was a low 3 star even after the Honey Badger showed out at one of UTs camps. It will be interesting to see if he has learned how to evaluate recruits instead of depending on the recruiting sites.

It didn’t matter once LSU offered, he was always going there.

Last edited:
I don't think Kiffin to ole Miss has one ioda of influence on our recruiting class. Not in Memphis, not in Kalamazoo.

Ole Miss is 90 miles from Memphis / Knoxville is close to 400 miles from Memphis = family can drive down to see their kid play more often
Kiffin (despite being a douche) is a good offensive mind... and he can game-day manage
Kiffin can recruit and sell you the Brooklyn Bridge all at the same time....

So he'll affect our base in Memphis. The key is to get with the HS football coaches there and remind them of all his history and to warn their players about him.
The other aspect affecting Kiffin is his assistant coaches. Some of the better ones will not go there knowing that he will one day, get them into trouble.

Reactions: Helton1
Ole Miss is 90 miles from Memphis / Knoxville is close to 400 miles from Memphis = family can drive down to see their kid play more often
Kiffin (despite being a douche) is a good offensive mind... and he can game-day manage

So he'll affect our base in Memphis. The key is to get with the HS football coaches there and remind them of all his history and to warn their players about him.
The other aspect affecting Kiffin is his assistant coaches. Some of the better ones will not go there knowing that he will one day, get them into trouble.
I'm not scared of Lane Kiffin. Don't necessarily disagree with anything you posted. There are many negatives associated with lane, including off the field stuff, recruiting violations etc.

Reactions: Helton1

Thank you for an intelligent response. When I started a thread asking about Kiffin to Ole Miss, I was expecting more dialogue like this...not people jumping to irrational conclusions about how “I was worried” or “Stroking Kiffin off.”

Reactions: HalfullVol
Probably going to affect LSU's recruiting going forward. Imagine the stories he could tell of Ogre with his shirt off being a wild boy to a prospect's mother.

Does Kiffin go after any of our coaches? I see that as a higher threat than him “stealing” any of our commitments.

Why would he? Just about every coach on our staff is either connected to Pruitt (Friend, Sherrer, Rocker, Nieds, etc.) or UT (Chaney, Martin, etc.).

Most HC’s go after guys they are connected to one way or another (worked with in the past, work with currently).

I feel like the only reason people are worried about recruiting Memphis is because of how many kids we have recruited from there recently. Namely, Big O, the Memphis trio, Eric Gray, Carvin, and Jeremy Banks. Historically though, it’s not like Memphis has produced a boat load of big-time program difference makers.

Will Redmond went on to be successful, and he went to Miss. State. We got Drew Richmond, and although he was a solid player for us, I wouldn’t say he lived up to the 5* tag. It’s tough to think of other kids out of Memphis over the last 4-5 years that have really made a difference. JMO.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
I'll be worried if Kiffin doesn't have Ole Miss on probation in 2 years because if he doesn't, he has figured out how to cheat secretly.

I'll be worried if Kiffin doesn't have Ole Miss on probation in 2 years because if he doesn't, he has figured out how to cheat secretly.
It concerns me that we've been doing so much work in Memphis this cycle. Nobody comes out of there with clean hands and the Vols are just the sort of program that has a history of not bucking the SEC front office and NCAA if they catch us with a hand in the cookie jar.

Kiffin scares me in West Tenn, Arky, Miss because lots of kids from these areas are going to Ole Miss now. Kinda like a status symbol from this area. Hope I am wrong !!!!!!

VN Store

Back