Hooker Starting against Bama

I hope to see HH, but if he’s not 100 maybe they limit his running plays some. Even though that may limit the offense as a whole, I still think a 75 or 80 percent hooker is our best chance to at least compete.
I went to a 75% hooker once. She gave the discount because there was one thing she wouldn’t do.

Kiss. Surprised you there.

Mays and Mays were more critical. It took UT the 1st half to make pass pro adjustments with the less experienced guys.
Can't remember when it was during the game but one play in particular stands out. We were on our own side if the field driving toward the south. We were in max protect... Hooker had 1 pass option on each side of the field. The other 8 guys were blocking, and OM got the sack. No offense to our other players, but we really... REALLY misses Cade Mays last week, especially on that play.

Reactions: KptVFL and sjt18
Can't remember when it was during the game but one play in particular stands out. We were on our own side if the field driving toward the south. We were in max protect... Hooker had 1 pass option on each side of the field. The other 8 guys were blocking, and OM got the sack. No offense to our other players, but we really... REALLY misses Cade Mays last week, especially on that play.
Encouraged that Calbert might play.

We also win if Milton hits that receiver in the endzone on the final drive, or tries to complete a pass instead of scampering out of bounds with no time left.
Wasn’t perfect but that ball in the end zone looked catchable. If it were lower it looked like maybe an int? How this weeks narrative would have changed!

The fan base is basically split between playing it safe against alabama, and going for at least a six win bowl game (maybe more), or saying F it, and laying the season on the line against alabama, which can end in a very bad way. We could lose a lot of players in this game. We still have ky and georgia before south alabama and vandy. This game can be the difference between a bowl or not.
No way you play it safe. It never works out playing it safe. You lose your mojo...or risk losing it. Not likely to cover the spread but if hooker and Evans play, we have a chance to make it interesting. Bama probably not paying terrible attention to us, which is probably Saban biggest (only) worry. It could also be really ugly...especially if hooker doesn’t go.

The absolute truth is, and i am not lying, when i think of alabama i think if this. i would read this before the game for the whole team.

"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,
Do not go gentle into that good night."

Reactions: ursaminotaur
If anyone thinks that this Coaching staff is not going to Bama to try and win this Game you are delusional! Why in the hell wouldn't they? People saying we should just sit Hooker out of this game is the dumbest Statements ever made
It's a long season, brother. Yes, you play to win the game, but you also have the rest of the season, recruiting, and next year to look at. The chances of beating Bama in Tuscaloosa are not good with a perfectly healthy team.

Sit Hooker and let Milton get some needed experience.

It's a long season, brother. Yes, you play to win the game, but you also have the rest of the season, recruiting, and next year to look at. The chances of beating Bama in Tuscaloosa are not good with a perfectly healthy team.

Just another Damn Stupid Statement

I would give Beckwith some snaps against his home state school tomorrow night.

Nothing against him but why? When he's earned it and looks to be a better option than others he will get reps, until then it's not happening no matter who or where they are playing

People act like they know the extent of the injury. SMDH, if he can play and isn't hurt he should play. Period! I will trust the coaches and trainers who are there every freaking day over folks on a message board theorizing how they would play it and don't even know the true extent of the injury. GBO!!!!

So you sit healthy folks that can play by the percentage chance you think you have to win the game???? What a bunch of hogwash. Glad your not coach. How about trust our staff that is paid to make these decisions and get behind them either way. They are not going to risk a player that isn't healthy enough to go out there, and they are not going to hold him out if he can play either. And good for them. GBO!!!!

So you sit healthy folks that can play by the percentage chance you think you have to win the game???? What a bunch of hogwash. Glad your not coach. How about trust our staff that is paid to make these decisions and get behind them either way. They are not going to risk a player that isn't healthy enough to go out there, and they are not going to hold him out if he can play either. And good for them. GBO!!!!
Yes This 100%!

No way he's 100%, I love that the competitor in Him wants to give it a go, But that school + inconsistent o-line + Hooker coming off an injury ?! I don't know..
Yea, I really don't see how he could be but surely they won't put him out there if he's not able to protect himself and do his job. Hoping for the best!

Reactions: VolDaddy61

VN Store

Back