Hooker Starting against Bama

Wasn’t perfect but that ball in the end zone looked catchable. If it were lower it looked like maybe an int? How this weeks narrative would have changed!
Looked about as perfect as it could be to me. He put it where only his guy could catch it, but Tillman only managed to get off the ground about 6 inches

Reactions: A.J.
The fan base is basically split between playing it safe against alabama, and going for at least a six win bowl game (maybe more), or saying F it, and laying the season on the line against alabama, which can end in a very bad way. We could lose a lot of players in this game. We still have ky and georgia before south alabama and vandy. This game can be the difference between a bowl or not.

Split between those who have never played football and have some daydream that a team would sit a player healthy enough to play "for safety" and those that know this is never how it works.

Woodlawnvol,Because you won't ever see these "sit him "pundits come out from under their keyboard.If you have never played football or track of basketball,etc.,you have no freakin'(Heupel's word)idea that,if you can go,you go.I believe that these FootVols of ours can surprise Bama with their never quit and put on more steam to our game.GBO forever!

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
Or they win by more if their 3 best receivers play 🤷‍♂️ Injuries happen.
True, but I don’t think theyre down as many scholarships as we are and he appears to be one of best 3 offensive players. It doesn’t really matter though, because he didn’t and we didn’t.

Practically, I understand the thought process behind believing we should sit kids that aren't 100% and rest them up for games we have a better shot of winning. But personally, I love the thought of putting all we have into every game whether or not we are "probably going to lose." Anything can happen out there and I want a coach who will fight hard every Saturday to win the game despite the odds.

So maybe it's a bad idea, but I'm behind it 100%

Totally agree. Anything less than 100% effort by the coaching staff puts doubt in the players mind. Expect to win every game. Not playing a player that is cleared, and saving him for another game, makes the coaches seem like the game is not winnable .

Reactions: TN1111
Some of these replies are pathetic. Why would we hold out our biggest difference maker if he’s cleared to go without further injury risk. You can’t tell the team to turn it off one week then turn it back on the next, you play every game to win.
A lot of folks on here are Pathetic! All you got to do is read their comments, they show their true colors that's for sure!

Reactions: TexasVolfan1
Again everyone on here is speculating degree of injury and only the trainers and team doctors know that. The trainers know their job and they do it well. They aren't going to put him out there if he shouldn't be. If he can go he will go. GBO!!!!!

People act like they know the extent of the injury. SMDH, if he can play and isn't hurt he should play. Period! I will trust the coaches and trainers who are there every freaking day over folks on a message board theorizing how they would play it and don't even know the true extent of the injury. GBO!!!!
I would give Beckwith some snaps against his home state school tomorrow night.
Who else do we need to play Coach?

It's a long season, brother. Yes, you play to win the game, but you also have the rest of the season, recruiting, and next year to look at. The chances of beating Bama in Tuscaloosa are not good with a perfectly healthy team.

Sit Hooker and let Milton get some needed experience.
And the message your sending to the players?:
This ranks up there with one of the worst posts I've read on here!

Reactions: TexasVolfan1
I think Heupel has handled the situation in the correct manner. If he plays great and if he doesn't play, Alabama had to prepare for him as well as Milton and or Bailey.

In fairness it ain’t hard to prepare for Milton. Just send all the dbacks back and extra 25 yards behind the receivers. I didn’t know Josh Heupel could possibly trot out a guy worse than JG but honest to god he has. It’s heupel’s biggest mistake to date. He for some reason wanted Milton to be the guy. Probably because he’s the only qb on the roster he recruited and he wanted to be right. Now let’s see if he’s as arrogant as Pruitt. He’s got to recognize he’s wrong and move in from Milton permanently. He’s done a lot of good. Surely he let the one mistake persists over pride.

Last edited:
This isn't a strong source. I'd say this is far from definitive. If he hits on it, he looks smart. But I don't think Hendon is going tomorrow. Looked like he needed an amputation coming off the field last week.

I bet he got a lot of clicks, they could care less if they're right or not just want the click money.

My sincerest wish is that we have a competitive game and the Vols leave Alabama reasonably healthy. I do not want Hooker to get seriously injured when so much more of the season is left to be played. I love the spirit and fight in this team. It is fun again to watch the Vols. So much of the fun was gone when "Cornbread" was in charge.

In fairness it ain’t hard to prepare for Milton. Just send all the dbacks back and extra 29 years behind the receivers. I didn’t know Josh Heupel could possibly trot out a guy worse than JG but honest to god he has. It’s heupel’s biggest mistake to date. He for some reason wanted Milton to be the guy. Probably because he’s the only qb on the roster he recruited and he wanted to be right. Now let’s see if he’s as arrogant as Pruitt. He’s got to recognize he’s wrong and move in from Milton permanently. He’s done a lot of good. Surely he let the one mistake persists over pride.
I told Alllllllllllll or these FooseBall players and waterBoys!!! While attempting set them straight about Milton. JUST SIT A BURN.....I mean LEARN!!!! BOOM !

VN Store

Back