Hilarity ensues on the Wildcat Lair

People who say a team we played (Pitt) that got thrashed by a team that Ole Miss thrashed 42-0 (Ga Tech) shouldn't be allowed to create threads. That tired argument never holds any water. This is college football. Common opponents' scores mean zilch. What you did last week means squat. It's why they actually have to line up and play the game every Saturday. That said, Kentucky's offense looks like a hot mess. Them fans got no room to be acting so big.

Just trying to add some balance to all the "we'll murder LSU, KY, etc." thoughts. Until this team shows an ability to comfortably beat somebody other than Akron/Ball State - I won't expect it.

There's balance and then there's the laziness of, "we don't have a defense." I'm in agreement with most that our defense needs to improve, but we're undefeated. Acting like we have zero defense and the team is doomed (not saying you, but that's a current them around here) is just laughable.

U r Correct they are struggling to score points even on North Illinois which was a close game. If they don’t get the 2 pick 6’s vs UF they would have lost that one. Their Oline giving up 19 sacks and their not running the ball well even with Rodriguez back. They may lose to Miss State

They have Averaged 2.9 per carry over the past two games. One dimensional offense with Levis.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
U r Correct they are struggling to score points even on North Illinois which was a close game. If they don’t get the 2 pick 6’s vs UF they would have lost that one. Their Oline giving up 19 sacks and their not running the ball well even with Rodriguez back. They may lose to Miss State

App St beat NIU. We beat app st by 60 and NIU lost to Ky by one score. Enough said.

Kentucky can definitely beat us. No question about it. We haven’t beaten anyone convincingly. Our 2 power 5 games came down to the last play of the game. And Pitt has proven to be a bad team. Look past KY at your own peril. This ain’t the KY of old.

I reserve the right to change my mind after these next two weeks!
The UF win was VERY impressive for 52 minutes. The last 8 minutes weren't very good. If UT just takes care of things in the 4 minute O... then AR finishes with around 300 yds and UT takes home a 17+ point win. But the Vols didn't make a play on O when needed to keep the ball. The prevent/4 minute D stank out loud.

UT basically did everything it could to give the Pitt game away... and was still just that much better than Pitt.

But... you've only looked at it one way. Who has UK beaten that so impresses you? Was it UF playing terribly and gifting them 2 TD's on INT's? A NIU team that followed their UK 23-31 loss up with a 38-44 loss to Ball State? Notably BSU had 480 yds vs NIU compared to 406 in the previous week by UK. Maybe it was Miami OH who just lost to Buffalo and is looking like a pretty bad team? FCS Youngstown State?

IMO, UK took a fairly significant step back from last year on D and the OL. I don't think their receivers are as good as last year but are probably the strongest unit on their team aside from Levis.

Bunch of soft individuals in this thread.

Stoops has lost to Pruitt & Butch, two of the worst Tennessee coaches in history that are no longer here. He’s now 0-1 against Heupel.

Until they actually start beating us on a consistent basis, there’s no reason to be afraid of them or make them out to be some sort of a juggernaut.

We heard this exact same crap last year from the same individuals.

Do us a favor and stop following this team if you can’t even handle playing freaking Kentucky.

The UF win was VERY impressive for 52 minutes. The last 8 minutes weren't very good. If UT just takes care of things in the 4 minute O... then AR finishes with around 300 yds and UT takes home a 17+ point win. But the Vols didn't make a play on O when needed to keep the ball. The prevent/4 minute D stank out loud.

UT basically did everything it could to give the Pitt game away... and was still just that much better than Pitt.

But... you've only looked at it one way. Who has UK beaten that so impresses you? Was it UF playing terribly and gifting them 2 TD's on INT's? A NIU team that followed their UK 23-31 loss up with a 38-44 loss to Ball State? Notably BSU had 480 yds vs NIU compared to 406 in the previous week by UK. Maybe it was Miami OH who just lost to Buffalo and is looking like a pretty bad team? FCS Youngstown State?

IMO, UK took a fairly significant step back from last year on D and the OL. I don't think their receivers are as good as last year but are probably the strongest unit on their team aside from Levis.

I agree with you that their OL took a big step back. I think their D is stout, however, and they probably have the best LB’s in the SEC East. The only playmaking WR they had last year was Wandale Robinson. They are deeper there this year and have explosive playmakers in Brown and Key coupled with Levis’ arm.

While we tried to give Pitt the game in every way, I would argue UK worked even harder to give that game to Ole Miss on Saturday. I suppose the truth is both us and UK have a lot to prove to be deserving of the respective rankings.

I definitely think we win against them, but I also think a lot of us set ourselves up for a shock if we think we are going to roll them by 50. Some of us can’t accept the fact that they are no longer a perennial doormat.

Reactions: Imallvol
I agree with you that their OL took a big step back. I think their D is stout, however, and they probably have the best LB’s in the SEC East. The only playmaking WR they had last year was Wandale Robinson. They are deeper there this year and have explosive playmakers in Brown and Key coupled with Levis’ arm.

While we tried to give Pitt the game in every way, I would argue UK worked even harder to give that game to Ole Miss on Saturday. I suppose the truth is both us and UK have a lot to prove to be deserving of the respective rankings.

I definitely think we win against them, but I also think a lot of us set ourselves up for a shock if we think we are going to roll them by 50. Some of us can’t accept the fact that they are no longer a perennial doormat.
They're a step down from Tennessee this season however i think Tennessee will beat them by 14-17 points.

Ole Miss is a better football team than UK. Their record probably won't reflect it in the end due to schedules.

Regardless of what they have been or will be in the future- This UT team is significanty better than this UK team. UT needs to play better pass D and specific to UF their late game prevent scheme has to be much better.

UK has more problems across the board. Their OL problems are talent related and unlikely to be fixed in season. You are more impressed with their receivers than I am. Robinson is playing well. Freshmen... are freshmen. They'll have to show up vs good opponents. Key was good vs YSU and UF. Brown has been more consistent but I'd take Ali over either. They're the worst rushing team in the SEC by a long shot. They're good, not great, on D and are vulnerable to UT's pass game in particular.

That's before you consider they're a lot more pass dependent this year than last. More opportunities and especially against the competition they've faced OOC make them look better than they are. They average 211 ypg passing vs the SEC... and 328 vs OOC.

I'm kind of concerned about LSU due to their talent. Honestly, I don't think UK should be a close game and especially at home.

PS- Levis is a tough guy. But he's taking an absolute pounding. USCe isn't much to worry about but MSU could hobble him in the week prior to their game in Neyland.

Reactions: Jeff Clark
this was on another thread.....

We're fine as long as we beat everybody till we get to Georgia.

Then we'll get our chance. Beat Georgia and you'll win the SEC East. Beat Louisville and you're looking at the national championship playoff.

We'll drop to number 11. But we could be as close as number 4-5 by the time Georgia gets here if we win out.

We'll be seeing you orange lovers real soon.
We good as long as we don't lose to nobody else. We lost to the top 15 team at the end.

Ohio State and teams like this lose all the time in the first four or five games and then they go undefeated. And we're favorite except for Tennessee and Georgia. We got this bro
😂

Reactions: CDB
People who say a team we played (Pitt) that got thrashed by a team that Ole Miss thrashed 42-0 (Ga Tech) shouldn't be allowed to create threads. That tired argument never holds any water. This is college football. Common opponents' scores mean zilch. What you did last week means squat. It's why they actually have to line up and play the game every Saturday. That said, Kentucky's offense looks like a hot mess. Them fans got no room to be acting so big.
If it mattered the Georgia mizzou game means we win the East….. Kentucky talking this much trash after they lost to ole miss is music to my ears. And Florida handed them the game like we almost handed Pitt and Florida our games. If we put a full game together we will smash Kentucky into the earth. But let’s start with LSU

VN Store

Back