Hiking Thread

I doubt it, but you never know. If they do, I am definitely getting the America the Beautiful pass, I just go over there too much to pay every time. I mean heck..we were just over there today again.

I'm over there every other week doing a hike. I'd hate to have to pay to get in.

Reactions: 1 person
Ulysees and Rex, just worked with TO to create an 88 page book of the parks in the Lower 48. Wish I could get the link to you all to view it. Still got the Great Basin trip on go. Definitely Ouray, hyping my courage up to return to Silverton and take the side roads to Arches. Either of you been to Fort Carson? We thought we might stop there on our way from Garden of the Gods/Colorado Springs to Great Sand Dunes.

Last edited:
Ulysees and Rex, just worked with TO to create an 88 page book of the parks in the Lower 48. Wish I could get the link to you all to view it. Still got the Great Basin trip on go. Definitely Ouray, hyping my courage up to return to Silverton and take the side roads to Arches. Either of you been to Fort Carson? We thought we might stop there on our way from Garden of the Gods/Colorado Springs to Great Sand Dunes.

My dad took us there when I was a young teen, but I don't remember anything about it. Could you send it in an Email? I have an alternate Email I use sometimes that does not have my name in it.

I'm over there every other week doing a hike. I'd hate to have to pay to get in.

I live in Kentucky and I've been to the park seven times since November. Last year we went over there fifteen times. I will get the America the Beautiful season pass for sure if they ever do this. If I lived out west I would already have one.

Smallvol#1 and Ulysses, we will be moving to Montana, initially the Billings area, around the 20th of October. If you’re ever passing through the area, know that you will be welcome to drop by and visit; reminiscing about past and future trips to the Rocky Mountains is the next best thing to actually visiting them.

We will be roughly 1-2 hours from both the Beartooth and Bighorn Mountains, only a bit farther to the northeastern entrance to Yellowstone, and the Tetons, Glacier and a host of lesser mountain ranges in Montana will all be within a day’s drive.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Smallvol#1 and Ulysses, we will be moving to Montana, initially the Billings area, around the 20th of October. If youre ever passing through the area, know that you will be welcome to drop by and visit; reminiscing about past and future trips to the Rocky Mountains is the next best thing to actually visiting them.

We will be roughly 1-2 hours from both the Beartooth and Bighorn Mountains, only a bit farther to the northeastern entrance to Yellowstone, and the Tetons, Glacier and a host of lesser mountain ranges in Montana will all be within a days drive.
Find a good restaurant! We love Yellowstone. My uncle had a ranch in Montana.... Kalispell? Near Hungry Horse...that I remember from a kid. With the new VN we can @ people and they will get an alert, if we get out there in the next few years I’ll be sure to touch base. Did you see my post re the photos?

Last edited:
My dad took us there when I was a young teen, but I don't remember anything about it. Could you send it in an Email? I have an alternate Email I use sometimes that does not have my name in it.
I think I can give you permission to view, the file is huge, no way it would email. If you can get the email address to me I can try to send you the link. It might not work, but I’ll try. There’s pictures of every national park; some have only 2-3 pics (Hot Springs) and some have 4 or more pages of pics (guess which ones😀). Is there any way in the new system we can send private messages? Anyone know? I hate to bother Freak after all he’s been through.

I think I can give you permission to view, the file is huge, no way it would email. If you can get the email address to me I can try to send you the link. It might not work, but I’ll try. There’s pictures of every national park; some have only 2-3 pics (Hot Springs) and some have 4 or more pages of pics (guess which ones😀). Is there any way in the new system we can send private messages? Anyone know? I hate to bother Freak after all he’s been through.
Freak hasn't enabled it. Don't think he plans to either.

Last edited:
Reactions: Smallvol#1
Smallvol#1 and Ulysses, we will be moving to Montana, initially the Billings area, around the 20th of October. If youre ever passing through the area, know that you will be welcome to drop by and visit; reminiscing about past and future trips to the Rocky Mountains is the next best thing to actually visiting them.

We will be roughly 1-2 hours from both the Beartooth and Bighorn Mountains, only a bit farther to the northeastern entrance to Yellowstone, and the Tetons, Glacier and a host of lesser mountain ranges in Montana will all be within a days drive.
You lucky dog..I'm super jealous. But If I'm ever out that way and I have time, I will drop in on you.

Reactions: Volosaurus rex
Deleted..looking forward to seeing it. I don't think PMs will ever return. There was some underhanded stuff going on a few years ago is why we don't have them anymore...some people are just real jerks and ruin things forveverybody...I don't blame Freak for disabling them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Smallvol#1
[QUOTE="Ulysees E. McGill, post: 15596892, member: 24559" The book sounds awesome.[/QUOTE]
Let me get with TO. He says if I send him your email, he can share it with you. As soon as he does, I’ll tag you so you know it is enabled. The book is for a firm of financial consultants in the Atlanta area; they want it for their reception area.
@Ulysees E. McGill edit your post to delete your email; I took it out of my reply already.😉

Last edited:
Which e-mail address did you attempt to send it to? My only currently active e-mail is:
I didn’t have one for you, Volrex. I’ll try to send it now. Might want to delete your address; I took it out of my reply.

Edit. I sent to you and copied myself. It came through to me.

No ma'am I did not. I just checked.
The harlan.... one. I’ll try again. I sent one to check and then two with travel pics. You didn’t get any of them?

Last edited:
I didn’t have one for you, Volrex. I’ll try to send it now. Might want to delete your address; I took it out of my reply.

Edit. I sent to you and copied myself. It came through to me.

The harlan.... one. I’ll try again. I sent one to check and then two with travel pics. You didn’t get any of them?
I'm sorry..it didn't come through. That is not my main email address, but it does work, I received an email from soneone else today at that address. I can't put my other one up, it is my name...I value my privacy too much to put it on here. There are a few guys who love to smear me because I don't act "typical milquetoast preacher" enough for their tastes.

I do really appreciate you trying though. Here is that address once again.

Last edited:
I'm sorry..it didn't come through. That is not my main email address, but it does work, I received an email from soneone else today at that address. I can't put my other one up, it is my name...I value my privacy too much to put it on here. There are a few guys who love to smear me because I don't act "typical milquetoast preacher" enough for their tastes.

I do really appreciate you trying though. Here is that address once again just in case.
@Ulysees E. McGill I sent it again just now. My copy to VolRex came in so I hope he got it. It may be too big for your server?

I did receive it. Feel free to retain my e-mail address for your personal records, should you ever make it out to Billings.
I will😃. TO has an email list of people he sends pics of our trips. If you want on it, just send me a request and I will have him add you. Hope you enjoy the book. I’m still editing, so if you see any errors let me know!

VN Store

Back