Heupel: Vols' suspended players 'earning their way back'

Oh for god's sake! OBVIOUSLY Huepel needs to be the one to ultimately carry out the sentence. I'm not saying the players should just run amok and make all the decisions willy nilly with no input from the coaches. What I'm saying is the team leadership needs to be a part of this process to give them some "ownership" of the program. Geez, how many times have you heard coaches say that leadership needs to come from the players? This is what I meant when I said what I said. What sounds better to you? A coach going to his team and saying "Your team mate screwed up and now he's gone." or "Hey team leaders, one of your players screwed up royally. Let's discuss this, get on the same page, and decide what measures need to be taken" Which approach do you think is healthier for the team?
I believe if players get to make adult decisions they need to act like adults. If we have these type leaders then by all means include them.

The "guys smoking weed" admitted to the police that the weed was acquired during the commission of an aggravated burglary.

It isn't just lighting one up after practice.

The entire situation feels like a weed deal gone wrong. He likely sold them some ****** product or took their money and didn't give them anything at all.

Not that it justifies their actions, I just rather doubt they decided to go rob some random student for some pot.

The entire situation feels like a weed deal gone wrong. He likely sold them some ****** product or took their money and didn't give them anything at all.

Not that it justifies their actions, I just rather doubt they decided to go rob some random student for some pot.
It was said he was charging the athletes higher prices and they were furious when they found out.

Reactions: ArdentVol and Carp
I believe if players get to make adult decisions they need to act like adults. If we have these type leaders then by all means include them.
With the hero attitude most HS athletics have, I doubt that many of them have ever been advised about making wise decision. They seem to have a history of making unwise decisions. If they realize that they are moving to a different society where they are no longer the big fish, they are likely to be more aware of their decisions. However, we know that at least 4 Freshmen did not wise decisions and are now paying a price for those decisions. Hopefully, they will prepare for the future and become better men and maybe leaders.

Yeah. Sorry hugs and weak promises aren't going to cut it. After they meet the coaching staff's expectations, they should go before a players tribune and see if they are worthy of being reinstated and under what circumstances. Or...hit the transfer portal.

Maybe they should appoint you, Judge Judy, to determine if they’re worthy of coming back since you seem have the moral high ground on what it means to be a UT football

Reactions: Leeleesteeth
I love how all of the "legalize marijuana" soapboxers never acknowledge the number of crimes that are committed along with marijuana possession.
Most crimes are committed by people wearing shoes. If we would just outlaw them so the dang criminals couldnt run away so fast the world would be a much better place.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
Still don't want a guy who is cruel to animals.
But guys who beat up smaller students, beat their girlfriends, get girls pregnant then force them to get abortions, etc... are OK with you?

If the guy has a pattern of cruelty to animals then maybe you have a case. If he doesn't then get him some counseling and community service. Require him to pay the vet bills and let him earn his way back on the team.

I can't believe how many of you people are willing to exchange the life of an intrinsically valuable human being for a cat.

If you got them performing Cannibal Holocaust rituals before finishing them off? Yeah.

Im fairly confident in saying no Silence of the Kittens scenario played out with Beasley saying "It rubs the lotion on its skin"

Im fairly sure what ever he done to the kitten was less cruel than the hammer to the forehead that cow yall ate last night got as its final act.

Last edited:
Im fairly confident in saying no Silence of the Kittens scenario played out with Beasley saying "It runs the lotion on its skin"

Im fairly sure what ever he done to the kitten was less cruel than the hammer to the forehead that cow yall ate last night got as its final act.
Confidence based on nothing. None of us are privy to what did or didn’t happen...it’s all bluster. Slaughtering cattle is brutal to the eyes but “never knew what hit em” doesn’t ring “cruel”. I’ve always said if I had to kill the food I raised, I’d learn to be a vegetarian. I’ll still enjoy my steak tonight.

Reactions: ArdentVol
Confidence based on nothing. None of us are privy to what did or didn’t happen...it’s all bluster. Slaughtering cattle is brutal to the eyes but “never knew what hit em” doesn’t ring “cruel”. I’ve always said if I had to kill the food I raised, I’d learn to be a vegetarian. I’ll still enjoy my steak tonight.

Im sure you will

Beasley will enjoy being a football player for UT also.

During his interview on "SportsTalk"...on Tuesday, Heupel didn't name any names...but the Tennessee coach suggested some of the suspended players [Beasley, Willis, and/or Salter] could be on their way back toward reinstatement.

“Those guys are currently in the process of just earning their way back inside of our program,” Heupel said. “There’s a standard of what it means to be a student here at the University of Tennessee. There’s a standard of what it means to represent this football program and this athletic department. Our kids are going to live right, do right. That’s on the field, that’s off the field, but we also understand that kids are going to make mistakes and you give them an opportunity to grow, and look forward to those guys going through that process here during the course of the summer.”
Heupel: Vols' suspended players 'earning their way back'
Nothing like "working their way back." Every major college football team makes this statement when there's no one better to take the place of the suspended players. Kind of funny when you think about it...

But guys who beat up smaller students, beat their girlfriends, get girls pregnant then force them to get abortions, etc... are OK with you?

If the guy has a pattern of cruelty to animals then maybe you have a case. If he doesn't then get him some counseling and community service. Require him to pay the vet bills and let him earn his way back on the team.

I can't believe how many of you people are willing to exchange the life of an intrinsically valuable human being for a cat.

There's not a life of any kind on this earth that's less valuable than a damn cat! :p

What makes you think hunters are cruel to animals? Most hunters go out of their way to assure animals don't suffer.
Most hunters tell us that..

I grew up in the woods in a family that hunted religiously. Ol smokey and his bluetick pals tearing apart a racoon that has been shot out of a tree...trust me the coon is suffering...and the hunters are cheering the dogs on.

Shooting a deer? The best shots kill it with in seconds but the vast majority of guys who hunt deer have tales about tracking a deer by the blood its squirting out as it runs after a poor shot has hit it in the shoulder, lung or worst of all gut.

Reactions: OrangeSailor98
There's not a life of any kind on this earth that's less valuable than a damn cat! :p
Ferrets....ferreta are less valuable

I have two in my house...my attorney says "disappering" them would give my wife grounds for divorce. This is how i know ferrets are useless as tits on a boar hog as my dad used to say.😎😎

Most hunters tell us that..

I grew up in the woods in a family that hunted religiously. Ol smokey and his bluetick pals tearing apart a racoon that has been shot out of a tree...trust me the coon is suffering...and the hunters are cheering the dogs on.

Shooting a deer? The best shots kill it with in seconds but the vast majority of guys who hunt deer have tales about tracking a deer by the blood its squirting out as it runs after a poor shot has hit it in the shoulder, lung or worst of all gut.
Ride it out to the end. 😴

Reactions: Behr

VN Store

Back