Heupel buyout?

Chump change. College football is awash in $. A&M didn't even blink at paying out 77M.

I don't see us firing Heupel anytime soon but I also don't see any other teams knocking on his door.

Yeah, let’s fire Hype and show the entire college football world how incredibly and mind numbingly stupid we are. Then who are you going to go get? What superstar coach in his right mind do you think is going to be beating down our door to come here after firing a guy that could likely be 20-6 in his last two seasons if we beat Vandy and win our bowl game? Maybe you guys can welcome back Butch Jones with open arms.

Do we really want to do this again? I think we might have to face it. We’re an 8-9 win program with the potential for 10-11 win years sprinkled in. Unless we start recruiting on the level of Georgia, Bama, and Ohio State consistently again, this is the reality.
Of course it's reality that if you don't outrecruit the three best recruiting teams you won't beat them on the field.

Did someone REALLY think we (or anyone) will consistently win against the best teams ever (UA & now UGA) without being close to their talent level.

I hope not, but if so, I hope not.

Reactions: cherokeeeVOL
It was expected that this years team would take a step back. Coach has done an exceptional job. Last season exceeded expectations. We have a man that beat Alabama for the first time in fifteen years and folks want him gone. Are some of you crazy? I hope he can hang on to this class, not have key contributors hit the portal, and add some offensive line help in the portal. Some folks here need to wake up from dream land. Our team is having a down year likely going 8-4. Over the last fifteen years 8-4 would be a miracle. Support our coach and our team. Stay together and let’s go!
Wish this was all we saw over this board. The sky isn’t falling but the sky is the limit. Anything that needs to get to sustainability has to be built correctly. If you can see the pieces coming together you’re blind! This record is exactly what we thought it would be at the beginning of the season. The attrition he inherited put us back another year at the beginning of his tenure. His pick ups in the transfer portal put a bandaid on it but now it’s being built correctly!

Reactions: BIGORANGEBUBBA
Of course it's reality that if you don't outrecruit the three best recruiting teams you won't beat them on the field.

Did someone REALLY think we (or anyone) will consistently win against the best teams ever (UA & now UGA) without being close to their talent level.

It seems to me that the OP thinks so unless I’m missing something. We should keep Heupel for as long as he wants to be here.

It seems to me that the OP thinks so unless I’m missing something. We should keep Heupel for as long as he wants to be here.

Am I correct that it would be $18 million?

When we beat Alabama, LSU, Florida, Clemson, last year you were willing to give him a raise. Calm down it will get better when we get some good recruiting classes in here. Saban and Kirby have been building up for years, it takes time. JH is same coach as last year. Just have to have a good QB to run things. We lack backups now. When a player from Bama or Georgia gets hurt they have 5 star players to back them up.

When we beat Alabama, LSU, Florida, Clemson, last year you were willing to give him a raise. Calm down it will get better when we get some good recruiting classes in here. Saban and Kirby have been building up for years, it takes time. JH is same coach as last year. Just have to have a good QB to run things. We lack backups now. When a player from Bama or Georgia gets hurt they have 5 star players to back them up.
I wasn’t advocating for him to get a raise last year. I knew better.

Honestly, and to serve your point, had this year and last been reversed, no one would be complaining.

Am I correct that it would be $18 million?

I think that Heupel will get at least 3 more seasons to improve this roster and he needs to start competing for the SEC and national championships by 2025.

VN Store

Back