Heupel buyout?

If people weren't morons this wouldn't exist. He's out performed expectations every year but this one. And he grossly out performed last year.
It was expected that this years team would take a step back. Coach has done an exceptional job. Last season exceeded expectations. We have a man that beat Alabama for the first time in fifteen years and folks want him gone. Are some of you crazy? I hope he can hang on to this class, not have key contributors hit the portal, and add some offensive line help in the portal. Some folks here need to wake up from dream land. Our team is having a down year likely going 8-4. Over the last fifteen years 8-4 would be a miracle. Support our coach and our team. Stay together and let’s go!

Josh Heupel has lost to Georgia, Florida, Alabama, and Missouri by a combined 137 to 53. We need to stop making garbage excuses for him about how “Nico ain’t ready or Nico is just too young.” Or the fan favorite “Milton can throw it over those mountains and he’ll get drafted as high as Richardson.” No, Milton is freaking trash. This team has played like straight garbage in their biggest games this year. No life, no preparation, and no fing adjustments. If this bullsh*t continues next year, yall are damn right Heupel needs his buyout and his walking papers.

Reactions: Woke and SFBayVol
Do we really want to do this again? I think we might have to face it. We’re an 8-9 win program with the potential for 10-11 win years sprinkled in. Unless we start recruiting on the level of Georgia, Bama, and Ohio State consistently again, this is the reality.
For me, coaching searches were like many of my Christmases as a kid.

Reactions: cherokeeeVOL
Stop it!

This was always a rebuilding year and we've having to deal with the "Pruitt firing cliff" (i.e. basically an empty class). And then just to top it off, a slew of injuries that crippled us.

We have the #2 QB from the '23 class starting next season. We have a lot of young talent.

Heupel has greatly exceeded expectations given the situation he inherited. But I knew this was going to happen --- he was going to have a great Year 2 with guys like Hooker, Tillman, and Hyatt, and then people were going to panic when Year 3 was a bit of a down year. But we're still an 8-win team if we can win next week.

Stop it!

This was always a rebuilding year and we've having to deal with the "Pruitt firing cliff" (i.e. basically an empty class). And then just to top it off, a slew of injuries that crippled us.

We have the #2 QB from the '23 class starting next season. We have a lot of young talent.

Heupel has greatly exceeded expectations given the situation he inherited. But I knew this was going to happen --- he was going to have a great Year 2 with guys like Hooker, Tillman, and Hyatt, and then people were going to panic when Year 3 was a bit of a down year. But we're still an 8-win team if we can win next week.
I'm gonna admit that I never saw last year coming. This year, yes. Next year, probably more of the same unless we kill it in the portal, but last year was a total and most pleasant surprise.

Reactions: KTrain
iu

Reactions: N.ohio vol
Wow, I didn’t realize this chump is making $9 mil. Are we ok with this $9 million per year performance?

This forum has become an embarrassment to UT fans with a clue who just want to talk football. If I was a fan of another school I would laugh my ass off at the butthurt hot takes, and worse yet the idiot trolls who feel a need to start threads like this one and several others today.

I heard that Gruden was in the press box at the game tonight and he owns land in Sevierville where he and his wife plant a tree every year.

Reactions: mackievol

VN Store

Back