Here's The College Football News Analysis Of The 2020 Tennessee Football Team

Don't see it. I honestly think Mizzou is on a slide into a hell deeper than UT is trying to climb out of. Their chances of holding on were to find someone who was more or less a Pinkel clone. Winning @ Mizzou isn't easy. You have to be able to consistently find diamonds in the rough. Pinkel had a formula that worked. To scrap what he did and start over would take many years... and would still require finding 2* and 3* players that develop into 4* contributors.

What Pinkel did worked in the B12. Not so sure even coached up 2 stars will get you far in the SEC.

The success Mizzu had when first joining the conference was more a factor of UT, UF, and the Puppies all being historically bad at the same time.

The SJW nonsense that went on there in Pinkels last year was the final nail in their coffin in terms of relevance.

Reactions: tennvols77
Anythimg less than 9-3 should be considered utter failure next season. We should be a dark horse for the SEC title. Black font is correct here.
UTTER FAILURE BY GAWD!!!!! You tell ‘em Lord B....

But that schedule ranking is way whack, should be:
Bama
UGA
UF
Okie

Should have won 9 plus the bowl this past year.

He and his staff are better teachers of the game and developers of talent than any staff in a long time. Outside of Cutcliffe... I'd say they're better than any Fulmer staff.

You can still do a lot to screw up as a coach. But if UT's QB play improves (which IMO requires a change at #1) then this team should win 9 or 10 games.
I definitely agree that with a decent QB we improve immensely.

However, I don't think Pruitt has the stones to start anyone other than JG.

Hope I'm wrong though.

I think 8-4 as well. Not sure we are quite ready to win one of the big games but thanks to our improved defense, we are much, much closer to being able to pick one or two of them off than we have been in quite a while. A 10-2 record certainly could happen, just not sure we have the offense yet to get it done. I think the Oklahoma game is the most likely since they will probably have the weakest defense after, UGA, BAMA, and FL. Only problem there is that it's a early season game at their house and I'm afraid our offense will not be clicking well enough to win. The OK game is a big ? for me since I'm not familiar with who their QB will be. If it's another Murray or Hurts it could be ugly if we can't keep up.

Best case for us is that OK, UGA, and FL struggle to get consistent OB play from their new starters while we make a jump in performance at that position. Mac Jones has proven he can get it done at BAMA but lets hope there is not another Jeudy and Waddle on the sidelines ready to step in.

That is what can be stated for about every team in the country. Tennessee could be anywhere from 15-0 to 0-12 it how it should read. Stunning analysis and breakdown by them. We should all be able to write for that site.
I'm not quite sure where he found this article, but the author needs to spell check his stories before submitting them.

I think 8-4 as well. Not sure we are quite ready to win one of the big games but thanks to our improved defense, we are much, much closer to being able to pick one or two of them off than we have been in quite a while. A 10-2 record certainly could happen, just not sure we have the offense yet to get it done. I think the Oklahoma game is the most likely since they will probably have the weakest defense after, UGA, BAMA, and FL. Only problem there is that it's a early season game at their house and I'm afraid our offense will not be clicking well enough to win. The OK game is a big ? for me since I'm not familiar with who their QB will be. If it's another Murray or Hurts it could be ugly if we can't keep up.

Best case for us is that OK, UGA, and FL struggle to get consistent OB play from their new starters while we make a jump in performance at that position. Mac Jones has proven he can get it done at BAMA but lets hope there is not another Jeudy and Waddle on the sidelines ready to step in.

To me showing progress requires winning at least one of the four we are not favored in and taking care of business in the other 8.

Reactions: sjt18
I definitely agree that with a decent QB we improve immensely.

However, I don't think Pruitt has the stones to start anyone other than JG.

Hope I'm wrong though.
I'm not sure why people keep saying this. After spending the whole off-season on a project trying to build JG and his confidence up, Pruitt pulled the plug on him in the 5th game. He replaced him with Maurer who wasn't ready. I like BM's potential but he was limited by inexperience.

I think JG's fate is almost out of his hands now. IMO, the things that continue to plague him are innate inabilities. I think he tries to process faster. I think the knows he needs to anticipate throws. I just think he may have hit his upper limit in those things.

I think the starting job comes down to whether Maurer, Shrout, Hill, or Bailey can outperform JG in the passing game and if they can catch him in the ability to manage the O and run game.

Personally, I have no doubt that Pruitt will make a change if he thinks it is best for the team. He's already done it with worse options than he's likely to have going forward.

If USCe goes 5-7, Boom is toast.
Looking at their schedule, I think that is realistic with 6-6 the high side:

Coastal Carolina- W
ECU- W
Mizzou- W
UK- L
UF- L
UT- L
TAM- L
Vandy- W
UGA- L
LSU- L
Wofford- W but could be scarier than many believe
Clemson- L

Looking at their schedule, I think that is realistic with 6-6 the high side:

Coastal Carolina- W
ECU- W
Mizzou- W
UK- L
UF- L
UT- L
TAM- L
Vandy- W
UGA- L
LSU- L
Wofford- W but could be scarier than many believe
Clemson- L
If that happens then Muschamp is out and someone else will emerge in the Gunner Stockton sweepstakes. There would be decent separation between him and Bailey.

everytime i see this gif, i think of ...

giphy.gif

at least a little ...
giphy.gif

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Going 10-2 means we will win the East. Georgia plays Bama and Auburn next year.
I've always hated the fact that our schedule was so front loaded. I hope we keep UGA on the 2nd half of the schedule .

We will go 8-4 loss’s to Oklahoma, Bama, Georgia and Florida

That is the expected result but I really think we need to steal one of the 4 we are supposed to lose to call the season a success. It’s time to start winning games if significance. I’d be with a win against any of those four.

Probably 7-5 . . . until we get the boneheaded penalties at crucial times out of our system, we are always in danger of losing 1 or 2 games that we should win easily.

The self-inflicted adversity remained a problem all year, to include the bowl game. That is what worries me - we never really got much better all season in that area. While our guys showed that they can fight back, there were many times when there should not have been anything to fight back through. We came out flat, fell behind, made costly errors at really bad times, and (in general) didn't put our boot on the opponent's neck when we could have to seal games early.

And I won't bother to go into detail on those two inexcusable losses at the beginning of the year. Those proved that we are fully capable of losing to anybody, anywhere, at any time.

I think the coaching staff needs to improve their in game management and play calling as well.

VN Store

Back