Here’s why I think ole miss wins

And you’re probably right but my gut feeling and or prediction is that one of the two teams blows it from the jump. My gut is that it’s us but I hope not. I could see one or two things: surprisingly low scoring game or one team just runs off with it. The general consensus is that it’ll be back and forth which could be and on paper it should be. I just think something out of the norm is going to happen.

I think Ole Miss has the advantage in this matchup. And if anyone disagrees we can meet at the Waffle House.

If Ole Miss wins, it is because they have a Heisman caliber QB that is two years into the system. We are in the first year and have a better D, but less depth. I have no idea how this game will go. Hopefully we get a few stops and run on their D like we did Mizzou

Reactions: Coach_Z
I dont think there's any pressure on us. Just play loose and have fun.

I don't think there's any pressure on Ole Miss either. Neither team is winning their division

Should be a wild game. I'm counting on our defense getting a few more stops than theirs

The most pressure will be LK putting it on himself. Do you not think he wants to win so bad he can taste?

1.Their ability to throw the ball better than us
2. depth
3. Our injured
4. The pressure is on us because their HC
5. They’ve faced better competition than us so far

I hope I’m wrong but here’s my game and score predictions.

For some reason, we go back to making stupid mistakes that cost us a chance.

We get down big early.

Ole miss 41
Tennessee 28
Here's why I think you're full of sheeeet......
1. You dont have crystal ball
2. Your name isn't Nostradamus
3. You have brown eyes you're so full of sheeeet.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
The most pressure will be LK putting it on himself. Do you not think he wants to win so bad he can taste?

I guess, maybe. There's been a lot of time passed since he was here. I'm not sure it means that much to him. He just enjoys messing with UT fans

Here is the reason I think UT wins, Cause of Idiotic Negative Fans like you!

Ut 45
Ole Miss 35
we finally have a stable qb! what's wrong with his throwing? #1 in qbr in the sec, #5 overall. Love Hooker! The only reason we would lose to OM is lack of depth

we finally have a stable qb! what's wrong with his throwing? #1 in qbr in the sec, #5 overall. Love Hooker! The only reason we would lose to OM is lack of depth
Honestly... it is getting tiresome having to ask this same question. What makes you think UT is thinner than Ole Miss besides a media narrative?

Reactions: Rickyvol77
The biggest issue this game is getting off the field. Kiffin will go for fourth downs early to try and get out of the gate quick. If we can get off the field, we can win the ball game. There going to score some points but it needs to be throughout the game and not all in the first half. (He wanted to beat Bama so bad, he killed himself on the first couple of drives)

Honestly... it is getting tiresome having to ask this same question. What makes you think UT is thinner than Ole Miss besides a media narrative?
We have a short roster and lack of depth. I think UT pulls it out! Gonna be tough

We have a short roster and lack of depth. I think UT pulls it out! Gonna be tough
You probably believe UT only has 71 scholarship players, right?

LWSVol who somehow tracks every roster in FBS showed last week that the media for some reason isn't counting the "Covid plus" players. UT actually has 81 on scholarship with one being a promoted walk on. IOW's, they're basically in the same range a roster would be in any normal year.

I pointed out elsewhere that UT's missing players aren't guys you would normally expect to play. They're mostly guys who would be in development. Fully 8 missing guys were released from their LOI in the '21 recruiting class. Very unlike any of those 8 would be making a contribution right now. OTOH, UT has several Covid Srs who are making a contribution.

People are used to us having to have a massive talent gap on an opponent to win here due to Fulmer and his follow ups. With great coaching that isn't the case. Roughly equal talent here. We are better on D, and by a decent margin, they are slightly better on offense. Talent is similar on offense. We have more on defense. Coaching, hard to argue with Heupel in the match up. Head to head Heupel's 10 win team vs Lane's 11 win team, 48-14 Heupel.

Reactions: saxvol
Here’s the reason we might win…DEFENSE! Also, I think we have more momentum right now as we are exceeding expectations and they are doing the opposite. Also, they had a grueling game Saturday that came down to the very last play. We were able to rest kids and now heupel can get in their faces about letting up etc.
vols 52
Ole miss 35
Land will again make a lot of stupid decisions and we win by 14 or more.

Should be the second-most played song this weekend in Neyland, after Rocky Top of course:

Or maybe this instrumental version:

This depends on whether we can cover the middle of the field and stop the QB run, or not. We couldn’t stop either one against Florida. If we can fix these 2 things, we have a shot.

Vols 38-24

1.Their ability to throw the ball better than us
2. depth
3. Our injured
4. The pressure is on us because their HC
5. They’ve faced better competition than us so far

I hope I’m wrong but here’s my game and score predictions.

For some reason, we go back to making stupid mistakes that cost us a chance.

We get down big early.

Ole miss 41
Tennessee 28
1. I disagree. We're throwing very well. Look at Hooker's QBR.
2. Our depth has been maturing through the season.
3. CJH indicated all but one may/will be back Sat.
4. You made that up.
5. Not sure this makes them a better team than us.

VN Store

Back